Version 17.8 Release Notes
These are the release notes for the 17.8 update.
New Content and Major additions
New Dust Brigade Quest Instance
- High level players can continue their investigations into the recent increased Dust Brigade Activity.
- The Dust Brigade Security Codes received from the Dust Brigade quest lines can now be used to enter a new single team instance at the dig site.
New PVP System
- Three new ranking systems added for PVP
Solo PVP ranking records progress from kills achieved while engaging in PVP
- There are seperate solo ranks for each profession as follows:
Soldier: Private, Gunner, Lance-Corporal, Corporal, Sergeant, Drill Sergeant, Grenadier, Major, Brigadier, Lieutenant General
Martial Artist: Ashigaru, Mudansha, Okuiri, Mokoroku, Menkyo, Kaiden, Dai-Shihan, Shugyosha, Kengo, Kensei
Engineer: Vandal, Wrecker, Defacer, Breaker, Sapper, Saboteur, Pyrotechnist, Demolitionist, Deconstructor, Annhilator
Fixer: Phreaker, Scripter, Rigger, Hacker, Shifter, Programmer, Operator, Analyst, Security Expert, Guru
Agent: Prowler, Marksman, Hunter, Sniper, Killer, Eliminator, Executioner, Liquidator, Eraser, Professional
Adventurer: Tracker, Drifter, Poacher, Traveler, Vagabond, Chaser, Explorer, Pioneer, Outrider, Desperado
Trader: Hustler, Peddler, Retailer, Entrepreneur, Marketer, Dealer, Wholesaler, Distributor, Magnate, Tycoon
Bureaucreat: Receptionist, Assistant, Supervisor, Manager, Leader, Chief, Administrator, Executive, Director, Chancellor
Enforcer: Mook, Brute, Cutthroat, Obliterator, Slayer, Slaughterer, Crusher, Pulverizer, Eradicator, Destroyer
Doctor: Chiropractor, Pharmacist, Intern, Aide, Resident, M.D., Physician, Toxicologist, Virologist, Archiater
Nanotechnician: Theorist, Technician, Illusionist, Catalyst, Accelerant, Elementalist, Kineticist, Thaumaturge, Nanobinder, Arch-Magus
Meta-Physcist: Clairvoyant, Mentalist, Psychic, Medium, Diviner, Visionary, Psion, Spiritualist, Summoner, Harbinger
Keeper: Ward, Squire, Chevalier, Knight, Banneret, Conqueror, Crusader, Hallowed, Partisan, Templar
Shade: Stalker, Butcher, Silencer, Defiler, Mirage, Obfuscator, Hazed, Veiled, Eidolon, Dominus Umbra
Team PVP ranking records progress from kills achieved while engaging in PVP while in a team.
- All members of the team that are in the vicinity gain credit for the kill.
- The Team Ranks are: Scout, Suppressor, Captain, Tactician, Leader, Commander, General, Distinguished, Honored, Hero
New Duel mode added with its own progression type. You can use the /duel command to start a duel
- Once accepted, a countdown of 5 seconds will start until the duel commences.
- Players dueling must stay within 60m of the duel beacon that appears (meaning the duel area has a 120m diameter in total)
- If you leave the area of the duel you will get a warning and have 5 seconds to return to the duel or it will be counted as losing.
- When dueling you will not be affected by outside buffs or heals. NOTE: Mobs can still damage you so remember to duel in a safe location!
- You can end a duel by typing /duel stop. NOTE: This counts as losing the duel.
- Zoning or otherwise 'evacing' counts as a loss when dueling.
- You can auto-refuse duels with a new option in the F10 menu
- The Duel Ranks are: Student, Freshman, Rookie, Apprentice, Novice, Neophyte, Veteran, Experienced, Expert, Champion
- The following new stats are visible on your character sheet:
Duel Wins / Losses
Profession Duel Wins / losses
- New PVP stat bars can be selected from the context options (i in the top left of the window) in the stats window.
- You can choose which rank to show by selecting it in your options menu.
- The old PVP ranking system has been deactivated, you can however choose to show your old title instead of your new one through options.
- PVP kills outside of the battlestation are affected by a system of diminishing returns. Kills are remembered for four hours, Accruing more remembered kills on the same target reduces the benefit until reaching more than five remembered kills on the same targte will result in recieving no reward for that target.
- New Notum Wars Focused nanos for Engineers and Fixers have been added to the OFAB vendor.
- New Social Clothing Mode
There is now an additional tab called 'social' under your wear window.
Items in this window do not check requirements (apart from gender, breed, profession and side) but do not give any benefits.
If you equip an item in the social weapon slots then combat is disabled.
In your F10 options menu you can now choose from new social clothing modes.
You can either show only your main gear, only your social gear, or a combined option where it will show the social gear above the normal gear (i.e. if a slot has an item in the social tab it will display that, if the slot is empty in the social tab it will show what is in your wear tab)
- New Inspect functionality
You can now choose to inspect other players equipment with the /inspect command.
You can opt out of the inspect functionality with a new option in your F10 menu. If you opt out of inspect you cannot be inspected or inspect others.
- New options for disabling your helmet visuals available in the F10 menu.
- New tooltip option added allowing you to see item and icon description on mouseover.
- XP and AXP bars are now optional in the stats window. These can be toggled on and off from the context menu ("i" in the top left of the window)
- Ignition Flare now lists the correct recharge in its description.
- Easy Shot should now scale correctly for Engineers at different attack ratings.
- Perks will now always land on the target selected when firing the Perk, regardless of whether you switch targets before it completes.
- Changed perk action chains that required several professions perks to chain.
- The following perks now also work without the chain running, but with a reduced effect when the required chained perk action isnt present. NOTE: The effects are as they were and unchanged when used as part of the chain
Nano Shakes, Notum Repulsor (L3) No Stun without Big Smash running
Blast Nano, Notum Source (L4) No nanoSkill Debuff without Zap Nano running
Strip Nano, Notum Repulsor (L6) 75% nano dmg with only Zap Nano running, No NCU removal without Blast Nano running
Annihilate Notum Molecules, Notum Repulsor (L8) 75% dmg without Notum Overflow running
Bleeding Wounds, Ferocity of Nature (L2) 75% dmg without Disable Natural Healing running
Incapacitate, Spiritual Master (L7) 50% init debuffs without Bleeding Wounds running
Detonate Stoneworks, Mountaineer (L5) 75% dmg with only Encase in Stone running
Shadow Killer, Shadowstalker (L6) 75% dmg without Chemical Blindness running
Night Killer, Shadowsneak (L10) 75% dmg without Shadow Killer running
Sabotage Quark Field, Tinkerer (L2) 75% dmg and No Nanoskill Debuff without Quark Containment Field running
Accelerate Decaying Quarks, Theoretical Research (L6) 75% dmg if only Quark Containment Field running, No Nanoskill Debuff without Sabotage Quark Field running
Power Combo, Power Up (L10) 75% dmg and No NCU removal without Accelerate Decaying Quarks running
Snipe Shot 2, Sharpshooter (L5) 75% dmg without Triangulate Target running
Easy Shot, Shotgun Mastery (L7) 25% dmg without one of Grasp, bearhug or Grip Of C. running
Ignition Flare, Tinkerer (L4) 75% dmg and No DoT without Napalm Spray running
Flesh Quiver, Spiritual Master (L9) 75% dmg and No AC debuff without Tremor Hand running
- Resolved an issue that caused certain perks to activate inconsistently. The following perks should all now correctly require you to be in combat to execute
Assume Target (Nanomorph (L6))
Opening (Opifex Primary Genome (L3))
Derivate (Opifex Primary Genome (L10))
Dizzying Heights (Opifex Secondary Genome (L10))
Grasp (Freaking Strength (1))
Silent Plague (Made (L6))
The Shot (Made (L10))
Ken Si (Ancient Knowledge (L6))
Ka Mon (Ancient Knowledge (L10))
Triangulate Target (Heavy Ranged (L5))
- Updated requirements so the False/Assume/Mimic can be refreshed before they time out. NOTE: You can only refresh with the same profession as you already running. If you wish to switch to a different profession you will have to wait till the end of the nano as before.
- Resolved an issue with Constant Barrage so that it now fires on only the intended target.
- Descriptions of nano and crystal for Improved Mongo Crush! are now consistent
- Fixed head text displayed for Omni version of Keeper wrath nanos.
- Resolved issue with NCU cost of Sentinel Ward.
- Fixed NCU usage on the aura part of the Keeper Ambient/Tone heal line.
- Fixed issue with level requirements of the Silenced Kyrz'Och Rifle Type 3 so that it is back to level 210
- Fixed several typos and gramatical errors in item descriprions
World and NPC Changes
- Jon Solare should no longer hold a grudge against you after death if you aggroed him during the quest.
- Fixed some dead ends in the Vanguard Node 19 dialog.
- Fixed wrong description text in one of the Trash King missions.
- You should now always get the correct mission for the Bazzit quest line when talking to Deidre Lux.
- Inventor Bobic should now always give the correct reward for his quest.
- Pets should now respond faster in situations with a lot of enemy mobs and activity.
- Hunter Droids v5.3 should now carry liquid coolants with them more often.
- Resolved issue where players could occasionally not recieve the reward from parts of the Dust Brigade quest line.
- Capped the max beneficial computer literacy skill to 3000 when calculating the bonus for buying and selling from shops.
- It is no longer possible to use items while in a mech.
- Friendly buffs are no longer removed on death in the battlestation.
- Lasertags can no longer be placed during grace period.
- Leaving the battlestation before the end of a session will now result in a debuff that locks you out from re-entering for 10 minutes.
- Others players runspeed should now sync better with your client resulting in less visual 'popping' of other characters.
- Resolved a server crash.