Im REALY new here.....

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

RealTheodore

Im REALY new here.....

Post by RealTheodore » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:08 pm

As i said im realy new to AO been on the way since it started but never had the time, single homedaddy now to a 3+ year old son so got time when hes in kindergarden :).
Wanted to know like what server i should take and like race class for a Solo gamer, and anything else i might need in info is much appreciated.
My software never has bugs it just develops new features

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:18 pm

There are just 2 english speaking servers (and German one ->Die Neue Welt), so which one you'll pick doesn't matter that much. Maybe RK2 (Rimor) is more populated, at least starting island, since it shows up as default one.
Maybe most detailed manual/guide for new players is the one Hansoo made:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin ... 3777/46197
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

RealTheodore

Post by RealTheodore » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Thanks for the fast reply :) Im in Estonia now since 4+ years originaly from Sweden and im an OLDIE in gaming 34 years and gamed rpgs since about 8 years old. i read alot while DLing the game and now patching that takes forever hehe. I realy wanna see like a skill chart for all skills but cant find it anywhere and maybe with a max obtainable skillchart for all classes. Since im used to make my chars from what skills they can get high and such. and im thinking about making an adventurer with some trading skills dunno if its good or not tho

Koudman

Post by Koudman » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:23 pm

Cheers, mate!
I am from Latvia!

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:50 pm

That's awfull idea. Well, ok, I'm actually partial to it, since I'm missing offbeat chars of old. But it would really be hard for you.

Any profession can be a tradeskiller, but main ones are Engineers and traders. Problem is that tradeskilling give little xp in return, so most other professions with dark blue skills stay away from it (the lighter some skill is, the higher you'll be able to advance it and that with lower IP cost).

I'd suggest Martial Artist for start. It's one of easiest professions to play as well as one of less expensive ones. Reading stuff will get you far with steep learning curve of game, but still, why make it hard for yourself at start? You can always make new alt, one that's more challenging.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

theophrast

Post by theophrast » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 pm

You are not an Oldie..... at least not in AO where the typical player IMHO is at least twentysomething, i know a lot which are much older (/me is 37 eg)....

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:03 pm

theophrast wrote:You are not an Oldie..... at least not in AO where the typical player IMHO is at least twentysomething, i know a lot which are much older (/me is 37 eg)....
I'm 40 this year... :oops:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:39 pm

pffffttt.... you're all still kids... I'm 56 with 3 kids and 6 grandkids.... Top that!!! heh heh

Anyways... welcome to AO.... if you decide to play Atlantean, my main is Nadab... feel free to give me a /tell if you have questions...
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

RealTheodore

Post by RealTheodore » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:19 am

Been gamin now on Atlantean since 1st post and having a blast . addicted to yet another game hehe. made a few tryout chars to get the feel for the game and got a new level 25 advent for now.
See u all in game :)

Venomscrier

Post by Venomscrier » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:33 am

Welcome to Anarchy Online! And if you would like, you should try the Role Playing in AO. Pretty cool, and fun :D.
Daron "Venomscrier" VenomOmni-InternOps Affiliate"Omni-Tek Protects, Omni-Tek is Watching!"

Sushi

Post by Sushi » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Okay, I am 15?
A little young I suppose for this game. I haven't actually downloaded it yet. I just wanted some information on it, but with a quick questions (probably wrong topic) How much do you benefit from paying? And what are the expansions like? <- Do people use them often?
Mwah!

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi there,

Firstly, being 15 doesnt make you too young for the game. Also, depending on your attitude and level of maturity - can be hard to tell exactly how old someone is if they dont say anything!

How much you benefit from paying depends soley on yourself. Just like anything - the more you put into something, the more you get out. So, the more you want to play, have fun, explore what there is to offer and make some friends - well the better overall your experience will be.

You can get a good idea as to what is available with the expansions from our guides in the Knowledge section. The classic Ao and Notum Wars is what you get for free if you just download the small client and go on the "Free to play" scheme. The rest in there - so Shadowlands, Alien Invasion and Lost Eden are all separate big expansions - the biggest being Shadowlands.

With regards to Shadowlands you can pay a lower monthly fee if you subscribe just to that - more details can be found on the official AO site I am sure!!

Once you upgrade, there is no going back.. but after all the time I have personally been playing I dont regret a second for paying for all the expansions :)

RealTheodore

Post by RealTheodore » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:26 pm

As in oldie im just saying IM OLD in rpg and i got good resons for it :)
And 2nd most of me and my friends allways game fantasy based :) good to but I want something more now
And for those oldeies here i have a 4 page original D&D pamplet in mint condition. Myself im just an rpg junkie

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:51 pm

RealTheodore wrote:And for those oldeies here i have a 4 page original D&D pamplet in mint condition. Myself im just an rpg junkie
Aaah, nice... :D

I've got the original first edition box set of Traveler rules... 8)
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

yigael

same account trading

Post by yigael » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:04 pm

hi, ive made many searches with many variants and havent been able to find an answer.

Can someone tell me if I can transfer items within my toons in my account?