If AO's gonna survive this should happen....................

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:01 am

Suggestions to improve AO :

More in Game Documentation : A Library in the three capitals that contains a thousand books and documents explaining concepts, recipes, items, story and plotlines, characters and maybe even Hahnsoo's FAQ. Get one Funcom employee with 120 wpm typing skills and a 50 foot tall stack of donated, fact checked information and let her have at it. Call it a 'living document' to excuse errors and keep adding to it.

Add the ability to purchase directly from an auction terminal for an additional fee.

Change the loot on dogs in Rubi missions, I am so sick of ammo lol.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:37 pm

I disagree.

Weeping Willow

Post by Weeping Willow » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Scarwound5 wrote:I disagree.
you like Ammo droping from hellhouds ? :lol:

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Ozzie585 wrote:
More in Game Documentation : A Library in the three capitals that contains a thousand books and documents explaining concepts, recipes, items, story and plotlines, characters and maybe even Hahnsoo's FAQ.
A library sounds like a great idea, there are already a lot of "books" ingame, would be even more fun if you could add ones that you gain as part of quest lines.. like the one from the most recent Penumbra quest. Could be even more interesting if they had a player submission format somehow, so that we could submit to it and our entries checked and then archived in the library.. very much like a way to make your physical mark on the planet! I can already see a Historians of Rubi Ka guild being set up with people wanting to spend their time documenting the players history so it is actually ingame instead of on a website... hmm hang on a minute.. I need to shut up else I will lose people visiting AOU!!! :p

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:01 pm

Ukblizzard wrote:hmm hang on a minute.. I need to shut up else I will lose people visiting AOU!!! :p
The Great Library Wars of 29481? :D
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:15 pm

I wouldn't mind the moon idea, maybe make it froob accessible... :lol:

And not all aliens, some space mutants too, maybe a few lost explorers/ colonist that have gotten lost on there way to Rubi-Ka and they just went mad. I think that would be pretty cool.

Maybe make it with different playfeilds, because normally, there isn't really a good place to go to after totw, except foreman's but thats only good for exp til' bloaters are grey to you and after that, its good for loot. So maybe make them level locked, based on your level, say level 61-75 can enter one dungeon, level 76-85 a different dungeon, 86-110 another dungeon, etc.

And please, make it decent exp, say like 20k-50k exp, depending on the level of the mobs. So its better than missions, but not as good as the borgs.

Also, of course, have glass windows, or a dome, showing, Rubi-Ka and possibly ships coming and going from the moon.

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:16 pm

Everything above i said, above this message, is meant to reply on the first page, i 4got to do the quote :cry:

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:19 pm

You can disgree with this OTdude but we're aginst lv locks.

Here's what we're gonna do.

Instance every dungeon.

The max amount of people for every dungeon is 18 (3 full teams) after that dungeon gets instanced and a new one appers.

That way there would be no lv locks.

Also your idea of space mutants is fine with me.

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:27 pm

Sounds pretty cool, but there will be a lot of competition for exp, maybe the a team will be full of tanks, theres no way for the others to get exp.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:42 pm

Um...How can u get xp from a white mob?

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:06 pm

Scarwound5 wrote:You can disgree with this OTdude but we're aginst lv locks.
ehh. Nope
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:44 pm

The game already has instanced dungeons, with plenty of loot and XP. They are called "Missions". It's also one of the first implementations of "instancing" among MMORPGs. If you need lots of loot and lots of experience, just roll up a mission. You can even do them as a team.

The Dungeons are places for people to gather in shared content. Most of them are level-locked to prevent abuse. Instancing the dungeons would be a terrible idea, precisely because they are supposed to be a social nidus. If you can come up with an idea that doesn't involve 220s coming in and pwning everything (like in the Crypt of Home... it could be a great dungeon if the level lock was maintained rather than bypassed by Beacon Warp) and doesn't isolate everyone from each other (that's what Missions are for), I'd definitely like to hear it.

I don't like the idea of folks hanging out at one dungeon all day. There's a TON of places to explore in Rubi-Ka, but most people don't know anything about it. They can't tell you where the Tsunayoshi Smith is without referring to a guide (let alone, the Giant Carbon Rock). They can't tell you where Mole Robots can be found, or where you can find "Drill" type mobs. One thing that I appreciate about Missions is that they often send you to different corners of Rubi-Ka, and this encourages exploration.

I don't disagree that there needs to be MORE "unique dungeon" content or at least, revamps of some of the old ones that no one goes to. I just don't think that removing level locks from the existing popular dungeons is a solution. The dungeons are popular partly because of the level-locks.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:30 am

Unfortunly this isn't an idea I can solve.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:39 pm

7.Trains

To avoid trains mobs will stop pursuing a player after a certim amount of time.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:42 pm

more suggestions

7.Trains

To avoid trains mobs will stop pursuing a player after a certim amount of time.

8. New lv cap. If you're a sloob i recommend that level goes up to 240 or 250.

9.Hardest monster

The beast,Ian Warr, and the Nokken in biodomes are all at lv 300. How bout FC make a mob that's lv 400(In RK) and needs serveal groups of players to kill. It should drop the strongest loot ingame