Do you ever just go walking in the park?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Greenwolf

Do you ever just go walking in the park?

Post by Greenwolf » Tue May 30, 2006 12:41 pm

Does any of you ever go walk (and I mean WALK not run! :P) in those numerous gardens and plazas in Rubi-Ka? Have you ever seen the sunrise on the New Land lake? Have you ever tasted a bronto burger?

All I see is people busy receiving missions or killing guards or inocent people (!) in our cities. Doesn't anybody give value to the numerous architectural masterpieces in our surroundings?

(( Am I the only one who actually uses half of his playing time just relaxing on some beautifull place???! :D ))

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Tue May 30, 2006 2:21 pm

Man, you should walk a mile in my shoes :)

Took a 2 month break just to explore Rubi-Ka. There's plenty of lil details to fill this time. Ever notice how many different kind of doors are there and how they close from inside?

It's those little details that make game realistic. Ans yes, it's not all about killing. Lots of people just sit down and chat. Or observe word passing by.

Ofc walking tru whole of RK might take quite a while. But there were competitions and similar where group of players walked tu couple of zones. And standard mode at events tend to be walk, since players are different levels and this guaranties everyone can keep up.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Greenwolf

Post by Greenwolf » Tue May 30, 2006 3:34 pm

Quote Trgeorge: ... Lots of people just sit down and chat. Or observe word passing by....

I really wish they would buy benches to OA! :? Its so terrible to see those people
sitting on those cold cobble stones. :roll:

Quote Trgeorge: ... And standard mode at events tend to be walk, since players
are different levels and this guaranties everyone can keep up...

I wish there were more events. I haven't been able to get even one of those yet :cry:

Splungedude

Post by Splungedude » Tue May 30, 2006 7:49 pm

quite nice idea to be honest...

ive done so loads in guildwars, just because some of those places are just drop dead beautifull...

never did it in anarchy though...

might give it a try as soon im not afraid of stout chirops and diseased rollerrats...
Howdy!

Xfire: Splungedude
AO name: Slitheron

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue May 30, 2006 9:04 pm

My Org is quite social, so we often end up sitting & chatting in all sorts of places, OA, outside OT main base in avalon, Whilst 'visiting' Eel... all sorts of places.

I've done quite a bit of walking around the various zones too, it's nice out there...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Wed May 31, 2006 4:42 am

Every once in a while, I take a break from everything and enjoy the beauty of Rubi-Ka.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Fusionstar

Post by Fusionstar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:17 pm

Yeah, walk in the park ......... great idea. I went for a "walk in the park" once, with my first toon - a Solitus Adventurer (He was using martial arts for some reason. I was clearly missing the point here. Three years on and I'm no wiser). Anyway, I went for a walk ......... a long walk ........ that took me to Wine. I left the Clan outpost and walked across that little bridge, outside. Next thing you know, I got eaten by a Forest Anchorite. Now, at the time, I didn't know what a Forest Anchorite was, but I knew that if it set out to eat me, it clearly wasn't my friend. Similar situation arose in Varmint Woods, when a Soul Swapper turned me into something resembling marinara sauce. Moral of the story ........ don't walk ......... run ........ RUNNNNN!!!!

Having said that, after three years, I still marvel at the magnifcence of the world that FC has created. We might grumble about some of their decisions, but we have to acknowledge their imagination. :)

Tristano

Post by Tristano » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:22 pm

Actually I had to do a mission in "Hole In The Wall" and because I couldn't find any alternative transportation (yeah I'm a n00b fr00b) I decided to walk over. A friend offered to come along and help me get there safely :)

It's some 15 - 20 minutes running from Old Athens to HITW, but the scenery is beautiful. Just stay off the roads, because on my first try I ran into a Minitaur... and got stomped into the ground by it before I could type /pet att....

Emika2

Post by Emika2 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:19 pm

i sometimes spend to much time in a daydream in game walking around, sticking my nose into places where it shouldnt go (and dieing as a consequence) but i argee, RK is beutiful yet hardly anyone seems to just go sightseeing. Which is a shame.
Has anyone here looked inside the versailles tower, in omni territory, its really really big! and has some shop terminals in. apart from that it is just really cool.
an open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded - Uplifting Primer

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:13 pm

Hmmm, I noticed a tower on one of my wanderings once... It was quite big & had plenty of rooms in it but not a single living thing in there, I thought at the time it would be a great static... wish I could remember where it was lol.

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:27 pm

Exploring is tons of fun! But also just being at a certain point and watching people can be fun too.
You can often find me standing in Omni-1 Entertainment District, at the Bronto Burger next to the Whompas... watch out for the Omni-Pol ;) (and this is sometimes quite funny when "newbies" pass by and try to talk/trade with you as if i am an NPC)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:54 pm

I like standing my Doc on the roof of the clan outpost in Tir, the one that everyone uses for the Temple...

I just stand around up there & CH everyone that spawns from the roof, there is normaly much confusion as I can CH them before they've spawned properly & they think they've spawned with full health lol.

darksky2333

Post by darksky2333 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:11 pm

just went for a ride myself found out were hecks are and were CoH is so i can beacon ppl there. Well i must say through the whole game never went around exploring before but i must say FC out did themselves.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:00 pm

You get some very nice green sunsets over Crypt of Home lol.

Stillian

Post by Stillian » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:40 am

Snakebite wrote:Hmmm, I noticed a tower on one of my wanderings once... It was quite big & had plenty of rooms in it but not a single living thing in there, I thought at the time it would be a great static... wish I could remember where it was lol.
Sounds like Versailles Tower to me :)
Stillian, 217/19 Doctor of Hells Heroes

former AOU Researcher