New and Updated Guide requests

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

New and Updated Guide requests

Post by Cariadast » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Are we missing a guide you wish was here?

See a guide we have that needs updated or is missing info?

Leave a post here on what you want to see and what needs updated! If you have the info, please list it as well!

We look forward to being your number 1 Anarchy Online site for a long time to come! Helps catch up ;)
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

Articles, Guides, Forums, News

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

Tonopa

Re: New and Updated Guide requests

Post by Tonopa » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Engineer Guide MKIII parts 1-3. It's a massive mess. The original guide was fantastic. Over the years new things got tacked onto it. That makes sense. That's also when lots of little problems crept in.

I'm not so sure fixing it is the answer - because doing so will require many dozens of hours of volunteer time. Lets Play instructional videos are popular and probably easier to produce than a text based technical journal.

Simply identifying all the little problems inherent in the old guide may take hours of work.

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:44 am

Not an Engi expert, but working on it.
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

Articles, Guides, Forums, News

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Are "Let's Play" videos as a guide really more useful?

To be honest, if I have to look up something on a game and all I find is videos, and then you have to find that part in the video and *hope* it actually is explained/shown in a way one can understand it and without some annoying narration over it... I rather read something.
But maybe I'm getting too old :roll:

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:53 pm

Lets play videos are useful, but they really can't replace a text based instruction manual. But as I said in the above post - writing a comprehensive technical guide is a heck of a lot of work. You guys have done multiple hundreds of hours of work on some very useful guides. That's why I love this website. Thanks to all of you for volunteering your time.

Back to business
https://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?i ... t=commands

One dead link on the scripts description page as follows Can be used to open your default browser window with a webpage. E.g. /start http omnipol.sytes.net

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:22 pm

ElvinStrawhat wrote:Can anyone show some videos for guide?

https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2

mdepoy

Post by mdepoy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:43 pm

Just a silly question? Is there a Keeper Guide? So far all my research has produced Is a one man 2hand edged tank that looks good in shiny Armor. Already have the Stig not found GTA yet still like to know what armor to pursue.

Saavick
AOU Content Editor

Post by Saavick » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 am

@Tonopa
Thanks for the tip! I have replaced the broken link with a link to AO Universe.

@mdepoy
I'm personally not a big fan of profession guides, as the topic is too broad and subjective. I would recommend asking more targeted questions either in-game, here on the AO Universe forum, the Official Anarchy Online forum or the Official Anarchy Online discord.

The topic of armour is a great question. At low levels, I would recommend one of the following:
  • Newcomer's Armor is a leveling armour. You can either get it on Arete or in general stores in the armour terminal. The sided variants are made with upgrades from Arete.
  • Living Cyber Armor is also a leveling armour. You can get parts from the Subway and other parts via quests.
  • Carbonum Armor can be bought from armour terminals in general stores, as well as tradeskilled. The sided versions are tradeskilled upgrades to the normal set. Especially the omni version is nice, since it adds health. Tradeskill guide.
  • Junk Metal Armor is a tradeskilled armour that buffs health. Not as good as Omni Carbonum, but better than normal Carbonum or Storm Carbonum. Tradeskill guide.
  • Miy's Tank is good armour with lots of bonuses, but not shopbuyable. It drops from cyborgs and drills, which you may find in missions and in places such as Perpetual Wastelands, Mort, Avalon and Belial Forest. Also buyable from the Global Market Interface (GMI).
  • Ofab Keeper Armor is also a great option, but requires Victory Points to buy. You can get VPs from the Battlestation, PVP Daily Missions and LE Missions. Can also be bought via GMI.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:29 am

I've come back after a long hiatus and am looking to update my Arete Landing guide.

Is there anything else people want to see added? When I had made this on AO Froobs many years ago, I had pics of creatures and levels, along with some items that dropped and what it was used for.

Is anyone interested in that while I update what I had put together?