New MP

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Wamb

New MP

Post by Wamb » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi all!

I played for many years agoo but its like i never played the game.
Now I am seeking help in learning the game again, so i can "twink" and get the best nanos and pets to use!
Just left the starter area, If i remember there was i guide to help a newbie to find armour and stuff (NCU belt, credits, and more)

I would love if some can help me out to find guides and so...
There was a big MP guide but the site is down...
Any tip on guides or missions/quest to do i would be glad!

Wamb

Wamb

Re: New MP

Post by Wamb » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:49 am

Please can anyone help me!

Plz!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Most of it would depend on if you have a free account, or a subscription account. There are some pretty big differences between having access to only the main game versus having access to expansion content.

Wamb

Post by Wamb » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Silvana wrote:Most of it would depend on if you have a free account, or a subscription account. There are some pretty big differences between having access to only the main game versus having access to expansion content.
I have the full game all expansions!

Wamb

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:31 pm

I can't give you much advice for expansions, since I've played only as a Froob for my entire time playing AO, but the "starting out" advice should be about the same:

1) As you already noted, start out by doing all the quests. It sounds like you've left the starting area, which hopefully you means you completed all the quests there and have some basic equipment. The next quests that I think you're referring to are the sided start-up quests: Clan or Omni. And since you have all expansions, you should go ahead and start the Shadowlands starting quests. In fact, it's a good idea that you start working through the quests of the areas in Shadowlands as appropriate for your level, particularly the quest for the keys to the gardens/sanctuaries, as they help a lot for getting around in SL. You can read those quests here

2) As for progressing in general as a MP (or any pet class for that matter) there is a simple rule about "twinking pets". Basically, the trick is to get as much Comp Lit as you can at each level, and get the highest belt and NCU you are able to equip and ask for highest buffs that you're able to fit from higher level MPs and a wrangle from traders to summon pets that are much higher level than you. You only need to make sure the pet does not become "over-equipped" when the wrangle wears off. You'll enjoy levels up to about 100-120 with pets that will easily trounce any enemies you're likely to face.

3) Here's a guide for froob MPs that I wrote that has some advice for easily getting up through level 200.

4) For some of the tougher key quests and other things, I strongly recommend you join a good organization with helpful higher level players who can lend you a hand once in a while to complete some of the tougher quests.

Hopefully that's enough to get you started.

Wamb

Post by Wamb » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Llie wrote:I can't give you much advice for expansions, since I've played only as a Froob for my entire time playing AO, but the "starting out" advice should be about the same:

1) As you already noted, start out by doing all the quests. It sounds like you've left the starting area, which hopefully you means you completed all the quests there and have some basic equipment. The next quests that I think you're referring to are the sided start-up quests: Clan or Omni. And since you have all expansions, you should go ahead and start the Shadowlands starting quests. In fact, it's a good idea that you start working through the quests of the areas in Shadowlands as appropriate for your level, particularly the quest for the keys to the gardens/sanctuaries, as they help a lot for getting around in SL. You can read those quests here

2) As for progressing in general as a MP (or any pet class for that matter) there is a simple rule about "twinking pets". Basically, the trick is to get as much Comp Lit as you can at each level, and get the highest belt and NCU you are able to equip and ask for highest buffs that you're able to fit from higher level MPs and a wrangle from traders to summon pets that are much higher level than you. You only need to make sure the pet does not become "over-equipped" when the wrangle wears off. You'll enjoy levels up to about 100-120 with pets that will easily trounce any enemies you're likely to face.

3) Here's a guide for froob MPs that I wrote that has some advice for easily getting up through level 200.

4) For some of the tougher key quests and other things, I strongly recommend you join a good organization with helpful higher level players who can lend you a hand once in a while to complete some of the tougher quests.

Hopefully that's enough to get you started.
Thanks this is awesome!

Now what is the best to go for Clan or Omni? (pros and cons)
Well i guess a guild would be best to find, i am from Sweden so i play mostly EU time!

Thanks
Wamb

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Sorry, I don't have any advice for which side to choose. Depends a lot on whether you want to participate in PvP and role-playing preferences.

The specific sided equipment tends to be more offensive equipment for Omni and defensive equipment for Clan, and neutrals sometimes get access to both or neither -- depending on the item. You could stay neutral too, but that tends to be "hard mode" in this game.

Jump go to the official forums to see which organizations are recruiting.

Wamb

Post by Wamb » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:25 pm

AldenW

Post by AldenW » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Rubi wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:38 pm
Message me anytime in game if you want effective weight loss shakes and for help. Rubikizzle I'm levelling an MP at the moment (208/9 atm)
All sounds advice. Great post Llie. I don't know what else to add besides to just take it easy and not try to do all at once. You'll pick it up in no time.
Last edited by AldenW on Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rubi

Post by Rubi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Message me anytime in game for help. Rubikizzle I'm levelling an MP at the moment (208/9 atm)