Posts to Update my Guide on AOUniverse

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
AngelTee

Re: Posts to Update my Guide on AOUniverse

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:16 pm

3. Patrick Sun - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Step 1: Save at the Insurance Terminal. (5 minutes)
    Step 2: Talk to Patrick Sun. (2 minutes).
    Step 3: Yell at Patrick for killing you. Reward: 2200 credits; (up to) 2576 xp; Belt Component Platform 300X.
{spoiler}

Let's learn about Insurance Terminals with Patrick Sun.

Overview
  • Step 1: Save at the Insurance Terminal. (5 minutes)
    Step 2: Talk to Patrick Sun. (2 minutes).
    Step 3: Yell at Patrick for killing you. Reward: 2200 credits; (up to) 2576 xp; Belt Component Platform 300X.
Patrick Sun: Up with skirts! Down with pants!
Nanashai: What did you say?
Patrick Sun: Yes.
Nanashai: Ok... Do you know anything about that terminal over there?
Patrick Sun: Maybe...
Nanashai: Could you tell me about it?
Patrick Sun: Yes.
Nanashai: Who do I have to bribe around here to get straight answers?
Patrick Sun: Fine, I will tell you. Just use the terminal, and after I kill you for asking silly questions, you will returned to the blue beacon next to it. Lets test that, shall we?
Nanashai: What? Are you going to kill me?
Patrick Sun: It is perfectly safe. Go use the terminal and let me know when you're ready for more of my 'help'.
What a weirdo. But a mission is a mission! So go ahead and Right Click on the terminal. It will take some credits and save some EXP. This way when you die, you will spawn at the terminal and not have EXP loss.

After you do that, talk to Patrick again, and find out how much of a nasty right hook he has. So bad, he kills you. Speak to him again.
Patrick Sun: Up with skirts! Down with pants!
Nanashai: You evil son of a...
Patrick Sun: hahaHaHaHAHAHA...
Patrick can't stop laughing.
Patrick Sun: Dude, I told you not to ask stupid questions.
Nanashai: You owe me big time for this, Patrick.
Patrick Sun: Possibly.
Patrick looks as though he tries to kill himself not to laugh.
Nanashai: You see that ICC guard over there? I bet he has something to say about your demonstrations!
Patrick Sun: Relax! I will hand you a little something to cheer you up, after all, your cloned body looks better than your old. Your soul is the same, no real damage done. Bet you will look great with this now that you lost some weight.
Patrick hands you a belt.
Patrick gives you the Belt Component Platform 300X (you'll need Computer Literacy of 76 to wear).{/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:17 pm

4. Desmond Calitri - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Desmond Calitri.
    Step 2: Get a Bronto Burger.
    Step 3: Return to Desmond.
    Step 4: Eliminate 2 Protesters.
    Step 5: Return to Desmond.
    Step 6: Eliminate Cedric Harding. Reward: 1320 credits; (up to) 2416 xp; Dockworker Overalls; The Brute Suit; Experimental Nano Armor Exosuit.
{spoiler}

Remember where we planted a bug in the house plant? The NPC there, Desmond Calitri has a mission for us. Let's go talk to the pin-striped Atrox.

Desmond Calitri: I am busy, what do you want?
Nanashai: Do you have any work around here?
Desmond Calitri lets out a loud laugh
Desmond Calitri: Look 'round you, kid. This is a large-scale industrial operation, freight is coming and going constantly. Sadly, my staff is all full. We have no room for more grunts here.
Though, I am hungry. Go grab me a Bronto Burger, and I must emphasize, a normal Bronto Burger. I may be able to think of something for you to do for me by the time you get back.
A Bronto Burger? Easily done!. We need to head over to Barry the Food Vendor. Just leave the building and head straight west down the street to the large floating vehicle.

Barry the Food Vendor: Step on up, stranger. I've got the delicous, meaty goodness that you crave.
Nanashai: Desmond Calitri sent me here for a Bronto Burger.
Barry the Food Vendor: He wants another one? Excellent! Nobody can't help but fall in love with these succulent and mouthwatering burgers.
Boss Calitri always asks for the traditional Bronto Burger. If that is the one you want, just say so.
Open the NPC shop and you want to buy the plain Bronto Burger, (top row, right side), and return to Desmond.
Nanashai: I have your Bronto Burger.
Desmond Calitri: Yes, I can smell it. Hand it over. (hand over the item)
Desmond Calitri: Took you long enough. I was getting ready to call in one of my Bruisers to take care of this little chore, but I think you will be able to handle it.
I hope you won't have any qualms with getting your hands dirty, as I have a mess that needs to be cleaned up.

Nanashai: What do you need help with?
Desmond Calitri: Let's get one thing straight: I don't need anyone's help for anything. But, there is a situation on my hands that needs to be dealt with. A new face like yourself will do good here.
Some of my workers are outside protesting. Something about unfair payment or my harsh working conditions. They are all lucky to have jobs here with the ICC. I need you to rough up a couple of those Protesters that are forming outside. It's bad for business, and I don't need ICC to start breathing down my neck.
So, now we get to rough some people up. Sounds fun!. Just head outside and look for the Protesters with signs, and beat two of them up.

Once done, go back to Desmond.
Nanashai: I took care of those protesters.
Desmond Calitri: Good, serves them right. They are all lucky to have a job with ICC and such a caring boss like myself. If they keep up with these protests, they'll wake up in the desert. In small pieces.
Now there's just one last thing I need from you, and then maybe I'll let you join my workforce. The organizer of these Protests, and the person putting ideas of "unions" and "fair" working conditions...I need you to shut him up.
Find that upstart, Cedric Harding. Make an example out of him, and I may count you as one of my own.

Nanashai: I'll take care of it.
Desmond Calitri: Good, then stop wasting time and take care of it already.
One more guy, eh? All right then. Head west out of the building and past Barry the Food Vendor til you find Cedric Harding. Beat him up.

Cedric Harding: Hello there, here to help combat the tyranny brought on by our oppressive foreman?
Nanashai: I am here to end the fighting.
Cedric Harding: Oh? That's good to hear, I think. Did Calitri send you with a message? That was easier than I thought it'd be.
Nanashai: Yes, this is easier than expected.
Cedric Harding: So that's how it is. I figured he was done sending his goons at me. We'll deal with you like we have all the rest.
One eliminated, you'll get your reward of three Back items; Dockworker Overalls, The Bruit Suit, and Experimental Nano Armor Exosuit. Each have some nice stats, so choose which one you want to use. {/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:19 pm

5. Antonio Stacklund - He's all about giving lots of missions, from upgrading your weapon to getting some gear.

{spoiler}

Antonio Stacklund can be found in the Marketplace

Antonio Stacklund: Hello there, welcome to Rubi-Ka! Looking for an upgrade for your weapon? With my greatest creation, the Adaptation Factory, you can improve your old, worn weapon!
Nanashai: As a matter of fact I would like to upgrade my weapon...
Antonio Stacklund: Good! What type of weapon would you like to upgrade?
You'll see a list of choices in the bottom of the NPC chat. Choose which one you are interested in, and Antonio will tell you what you need to find, along with buying an Adaptation Factory from his shop. He also sells all the starter weapons in case you want a different one or deleted yours.

For example, I'll update Nanashai's starter weapon, the Oak Bo. When you choose what weapon you want upgraded, Antonio will upload the recipe to you ncu. For my Bo, I need a Leather Hide. Getting that, I combine the Adaptation Factory (Source) with the Leather Hide (Target) to make Leather Tape. I then combine the Leather Tape (Source) with the Worn Oak Bo (Target) to make a Strong Oak Bo.

Once you get your weapon, you can talk to Antonio again to make some armor.
Antonio Stacklund: Hello there, welcome to Rubi-Ka! Looking for an upgrade for your weapon? With my greatest creation, the Adaptation Factory, you can improve your old, worn weapon!
Nanashai: Do you only have weapons and weapon upgrades?
Antonio Stacklund: Actually, you can use the adaption factory to make other things. How about a bracer? A leather vest? Or maybe a hud device is what you are looking for?
You can make a Poison Injector Bracer, Leather Vest, and a Range Meter.

~~~~~

Here, I will list the many items you need for the different weapon upgrades and what creatures you can find them on:

Assault Rifle - Fluid Sample
Bat - Reet Beak
Bat to Energy weapon - Power Supply
Blade - Leather Hide
Bow - Rollerrat Intestines
Dagger - Venom Sample
Energy Gun - Fuel Chamber
Grenade Launcher - Compression Chamber
Hammer - Large Skull
Oak Bo - Leather Hide
Pistol - Power Supply
Rifle - Optical Enhancer
Shotgun - Screwdriver
Submachine Gun - Bone Plates
Sword - Spinal Section

Bone Plates -Angry Minibull
Compression Chamber - Waste Collector
Fluid Sample - Garbage Flea, Waste Collector
Fuel Chamber - Waste Collector
Large Skull - Angry Minibull
Leather Hide - Angry Minibull
Optical Enhancer - 32-V Docker
Power Supply - 32-V Docker
Reet Beak - Desert Reet
Rollerrat Intestines - Rollerrat
Screwdriver - Bought from the ICC Tech Terminal by Vernon
Spinal Section - Leet

{/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:20 pm

6. Remi Gallois (SUBSCRIBER ONLY) - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Step 1: Eliminate 3 SANDSTORM Marauders with the Prototype Rocket Launcher.
    Step 2: Return to Remi. Reward: 1200 credits; (up to) 2596 xp; 4 Nano Crystals; Composite Ranged Expertise, Composite Melee Expertise, Physical Special Expertise, and Ranged Special Expertise.
{spoiler}

Now, off we go to Remi Gallois, who is in the stall next to Antonio. NOTE: This is a Subscriber only mission.

Overview
  • Step 1: Eliminate 3 SANDSTORM Marauders with the Prototype Rocket Launcher.
    Step 2: Return to Remi. Reward: 1200 credits; (up to) 2596 xp; 4 Nano Crystals; Composite Ranged Expertise, Composite Melee Expertise, Physical Special Expertise, and Ranged Special Expertise.
Flashing a killer smile as you approach the young man before you spreads his arms at his side, directing attention to his wares.
Remi Gallois: This is a dangerous world, friend - I'd hope you're prepared. That Omni-Tek... yokel over there believes that you can hide from your troubles behind some shiny plasteel. Personally, I prescribe to the idea that the best offense? Is a damn good offense.
Nanashai: Do you have any work for me?
Remi Gallois: I have spent some time in the lab working on new designs...
With a grunt and a loud thud Remi plops a large tube of wicked-looking hardware onto the nearby table.
Remi Gallois: I give you: The Hellfyre Rocket Launcher.
Still needs a few additional field tests before I can call it a day, which is where you come in.
Nanashai: Wait, you want me to do what now?
Remi Gallois: Don't worry, It's easy. There's a group of lowlife gangbangers out there that managed to get ahold of some serious hardware. Someone left some stray mech activation codes laying around somewhere and these a-holes got ahold of it. Been running around acting like little brats ever since.
The Hellfyre Rocket Launcher is designed to remove unwanted bipedal mechanized war machines. So, are you in?

Nanashai: I guess I could do that...
With a sharp nod he reaches down and pushes the launcher toward you across the counter-top.
Remi Gallois: Good to hear. I've uploaded some basic information on the gangbangers you're going to be taking out including where we think they're hiding out at the moment.
Woohoo! We get to play with a rocket launcher! But we should wait til we get to the area before we equip and use it, as we only have so many rockets.

While heading east towards our destination, you may pass by the Arena with a tutorial on PvP.
Player vs. Player (PvP)

Rarity: Normal
Description: There are different levels of suppression gas allowing or preventing fights.

* 100% suppression gas means that no fighting is allowed in this area.
* 75% suppression gas allows for fighting monsters, but players will need a PVP Flag to be able to fight each other.
* 25% suppression gas allows opposing factions to fight each other.
* 5% suppression gas allows players who do not belong to the same organization to fight each other.
* 0% suppression gas will allow anyone to fight anyone.
* It is also possible to engage in a duel with another player. Simply target and type /duel to initiate the duel request. A player can only fight another player if the level difference allows for it.
Let's continue east now, until you come across a compound in the desert. Here is where we'll find the mobs we need.

You'll now need to unequip your weapons, and equip the Experimental Hellfyre Rocket Launcher. Target a SANDSTORM Marauder (they can be killed with regular weaponry, but it just takes a while), and attack it, just like you would any other mob, except this time, you'll be shooting rockets. When done, unequip the rocket launcher and return to Remi.
Remi Gallois: You came back! How did my weapon do?
Nanashai: Your field test is complete!
Remi Gallois: I saw the explosions from here - Good stuff! I think I might have come up with a real winner this time around. Anyway, since the weapon's registered to my ID, the ICC sent over the bounty reward soon as the kills got registered. Thank you for your help!
As a reward, you'll get 4 Nano Crystals; Composite Ranged Expertise, Composite Melee Expertise, Physical Special Expertise, and Ranged Special Expertise, all needing Sensory Improvement and Psychological Modification at 61. A sub can give these Nano Crystals to a Froob as they are usable.

NOTE: It looks like you can keep the Experimental Hellfyre Rocket Launcher after the mission, but alas, after a minute or so it will explode in your Inventory and disappear. {/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:20 pm

7. The Shiny Sword - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Step 1: Right click the Shiny Sword to get the mission.
    Step 2: Find the Greedy Desert Reet (3378, 570) and talk to it.
    Step 3: Give it the Shiny Sword. Reward: 1400 credits; (up to) 2170 xp, Nano Crystal (Composite Nano Expertise).
{spoiler}

While you fight and loot, you might come across an object called Shiny Sword.

Overview
  • Step 1: Right click the Shiny Sword to get the mission.
    Step 2: Find the Greedy Desert Reet (3378, 570) and talk to it.
    Step 3: Give it the Shiny Sword. Reward: 1400 credits; (up to) 2170 xp, Nano Crystal (Composite Nano Expertise).
Greedy Desert Reet: Can I have ur sword?
Nanashai: What?
Greedy Desert Reet: UR SWORD!! GIVE IT!
Nanashai: Here, take my sword.
Greedy Desert Reet: WAT!??! Shiny stuff for me? Z0mg! (Hand over the Shiny Sword)
Greedy Desert Reet: Oh so SHINY!
Nanashai: You are welcome...
Greedy Desert Reet: I HAS UR SWORD!!!
You'll receive Nano Crystal (Composite Nano Expertise) which you will need Sensory Improvement and Psychological Modification at 61. {/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:21 pm

8. Leet King - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to the Leet King (3720, 643)
    Step 2: Kill the Greedy Desert Reet.
    Step 3: Smash the Greedy Desert Reet's treasure.
    Step 4: Return to the Leet King.
    Step 5: Steal chocolates and flowers.
    Step 6: Find the Princess Leet. Reward: Random item.
{spoiler}

As you wander around, you might even run into the Leet King (3720, 643)!

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to the Leet King (3720, 643)
    Step 2: Kill the Greedy Desert Reet.
    Step 3: Smash the Greedy Desert Reet's treasure.
    Step 4: Return to the Leet King.
    Step 5: Steal chocolates and flowers.
    Step 6: Find the Princess Leet. Reward: Random item.
Leet King: Wat?
Nanashai: What are you?
Leet King: I r teh king!
Nanashai: But you look like... A rat..
Leet King: Silence j00! I r teh King, j00 no speek to me liek dat!
Nanashai: Sorry..
Leet King: U maekz mad nao! U needz to deserve forgivenesseses! J00 do teh j0bz and I forgievz. We has understandings?
Nanashai: What do you want me to do.... Your smallness...?
Leet King: Dewd u sux. Now I r so angreh I dun wanna speek wif u againz! Go awayz! Shoo! Leave teh king alonez!
Nanashai: Just tell me what to do to get your forgiveness, my king.
Leet King: U haz makez teh king furiousez! U has to remove teh wrath, only way to do dat is annoyz teh Greedy Desert Reet and smash his treazurez! He stolez them and maed urs king vereh angreh!
Nanashai: I'll do it..
Leet King: U slowz noob. Wai u still standeh thar? Go nao!
Looks like we have to go back and kill the Greedy Desert Reet (Flocks, Level 7). Once you do that, click on the Stolen Treasure and Right Click the Sledgehammer in your Inventory to break it. Now back to the King Leet.

Leet King: Wat?
Nanashai: I did it..
Leet King: Gief mah hammar backz! (Return the Sledgehammer)
Leet King: !U did gewd. Nao u hazs to fiend me a womanthing! Yus!
Nanashai: a woman... thing?
Leet King: Wat isz wrong wif u? U not many smartz. Ofc king needzz a queen. U go fiend oen for me nao.
Nanashai: Where?
Leet King: U hazs eyeseses don'tz u? Hurry I r vereh loneleh! And giev her chocolateseses and fl0warz fr0m teh kiiiing!
So, ugh that speech ... but it looks like we need to steal us some flowers and chocolates, and find the Leet King a lady friend.

First the flowers and chocolates. You'll find them on the table in the stall next to the Food Provider (across from Remy Gallois) in the Market. Just click on them both to pick them up.

Well, one would assume the Leet King wants to marry another Leet, so let's look around. A-ha! There she is, the lovely Princess Leet!

Princess Leet: I r tha princess!
Nanashai: I bring gifts from the king..
Princess Leet: Silleh humin. He iz no king, he juzt pretandz! Besidez he alwayzs bring giftzezes..
Nanashai: So I went through all this trouble for nothing...?
Princess Leet: Maybeh.. Letz me see what he sended u to giefz. (Hand over the flowers and chocolate candy)
Princess Leet: He gotz me all diz stuffz... Kewl he muszt liekz meh! I found diz junkz in teh desart, u canz has it forz urz troublez!
Nanashai: Thank you, I guess.
Princess Leet: Movez along nao u. I haz a daet!
Love is in the air, and you receive a random item dealing with biomesh clothing. {/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:22 pm

9. The Shady Guy - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to a Shady Guy (3542, 748)
    Step 2: Use the Crowbar on the fancy guy's car.
    Step 3: Defeat Maric Carles.
    Step 4: Return to the Shady Guy. Reward: Stolen Yalmaha.
{spoiler}

And now, let's talk to a Shady Guy (3542, 748) near the vehicle dock.

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to a Shady Guy (3542, 748)
    Step 2: Use the Crowbar on the fancy guy's car.
    Step 3: Defeat Maric Carles.
    Step 4: Return to the Shady Guy. Reward: Stolen Yalmaha.
Shady Guy: Rusty piece of junk!
Nanashai: What is wrong?
Shady Guy: I used to have a nice car, but then the fancy guy stole it from me. Now I only have this piece of junk.
Nanashai: Well, at least you have a car...
Shady Guy: I sense we might benefit from collaborating. You look like a girl who knows how to take care of herself...
Nanashai: Where are you going with this?
Shady Guy: If you were to help me steal my car back, I could give you my rusty junk car here. And we would both benefit from the deal, what do you say?
Nanashai: I'm listening.
Shady Guy: Here, take this crowbar. Pretend to smash the car, I'm sure that will get his attention. Knock him out and bring me my car back.
Yeah, totally legit this is .... ah well. Too late to back out now! What we need to do is head into the desert and look for a ritzy, white vehicle floating around.

It moves quite slow, so you are able to Left Click on it, then open your Inventory and Right Click on the crowbar. This will have Mario Carles (Level 10) jump out of the vehicle. Procees to pummel him until defeated, and you'll receive his car (Stolen Yalmaha) ... somehow ... Let's return to the Shady Guy.
Shady Guy: Rusty piece of junk!
Nanashai: I have your vehicle.
Shady Guy: Give it to me, now! And the crowbar too! (hand over the crowbar and the Stolen Yalmaha)
Shady Guy: Nice! I finally have "my" car back. And a beauty she is.
Nanashai: Did you just tell me it wasn't your vehicle to begin with?
Shady Guy: Details... Details... You have a car now, be happy. I don't think we have much more to talk about.
You'll receive a Kodiak Velocity IV, which when used will give you the ability to summon your very own vehicle! {/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:23 pm

10. Emiel Dijkman - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Emiel Dijkman (3488, 454).
    Step 2: Deliver box of Goodies to Logistics Manager.
    Step 3: Ask for tip. Reward: Choose reward.
{spoiler}

If you head south out of Arete Landing and go pretty far into the desert area, you'll come across a man in a tent, Emiel Dijkman (3488, 454).

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Emiel Dijkman (3488, 454).
    Step 2: Deliver box of Goodies to Logistics Manager.
    Step 3: Ask for tip. Reward: Choose reward.
Emiel Dijkman: Hello
Nanashai: I'm looking for some honest work.
Emiel Dijkman: You have come to the right place then. I have some goodies that need delivery to the Logistics manager in the bazaar. He enjoys food as much as I do.
Emiel Smiles.
Nanashai: I'll do it.
Emiel Dijkman: Perfect, here take this box and locate Fausto Cesario in the Bazaar area and hand it to him.
Heading to where we got our profession nanos and lockpicked the merchant strongbox, you'll find Logistics Manager Fausto.

Logistics Manager Fausto: Well well, a newcommer?
Nanashai: Emiel told me to give you this box of foodstuffs.
Logistics Manager Fausto: Hand it over. (hand over Emiel's Box of Foodstuffs)
Logistics Manager Fausto: Perfect, this was just what I needed. Emiel's super tasty food. My day is saved.
Nanashai: What about a little tip for my efforts?
Logistics Manager Fausto: I found some old stuff lying around that you might be interested in. It is called a biomesh and is used for tailoring fancy clothes.
The heavy bio mesh is used for footwear, legwear and chestwear.
The light biomesh is used for backwear, handwear, headwear and armwear.
Which one would you like?
(You can only choose one, so it's a personal choice)
{/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:24 pm

11. The Alien Ship - See spoiler for full details on this area.

{spoiler}

If you head south past the lake in the desert, then go a bit east, you'll run into the Alien Crash Site (3892, 250). Make your way to the largest of the ships and enter it.

You will come across a very strange alien in the form of Karli Cappelleri.

This area is going to teach you about Teams and Team Missions.

If you speak to Karli while you are solo, you can get this quest:
Karli Cappelleri: I'm a little busy here...
Angelterri: What are you doing?
Karli Cappelleri: I'm an alien spy. I find and terminate aliens... Quietly!
Angelterri: I want to fight aliens too!
Karli Cappelleri: I think you should find some friends to help you out for this one.
Angelterri: But, I don't have any friends...
Karli Cappelleri: You know we have a lookup system to find people with similar interests here on Rubi-Ka. Just open your team search interface. Or perhaps just look for someone around you that you can start a team with. Here, take this Friendly Buff Nano can and see if you can find a friend to use it on.
She then gives you a Nano Can : Friendly Buff. What you need to do is find someone to Team with, then target them. Make sure they have at least 5 NCU slots free, and use the Nano Can while your team mate is click (right click on the can in your Inventory). Reward: 2520 credits; (up to) 2080 xp; 3x 8-15 NCU Memory.

Karli also gives a Team Mission. While staying in your Team (and the levels of all members are relatively close), talk to her again.
Karli Cappelleri: I'm a little busy here...
Angelterri: What are you doing?
Karli Cappelleri: I'm an alien spy. I find and terminate aliens... Quietly!
Angelterri: We are ready to help you out.
Karli Cappelleri: Enter the crashed ship and do your killing there. Try not to blow my cover.
The mission always entails finding and killing an Alien Spider - Zix, which is found in the room with the Alien General. The rooms are random, and the aliens in the ship are from Levels 11 - 13 or so. Reward: 1442 credits; (up to) 2080 xp (10 hours)

The Aliens you encounter inside and outside the ship are:

* Alien Spider - Zix (Level 8-13)
* Scout Jaax'Sinuh (Level 11-13)
* Specialist - Cha-Heru (Level 11-13)
* Alien General (Level ?)

NOTE: Sadly, while I was rearranging this guide, I lost the name of the original player who helped me through the Alien Ship. Just know I really really appreciated the help! :notworthy: {/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:25 pm

12. Choosing Clan Faction - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Clan Guard Elina Jones (3379, 833).
    Step 2: Talk to Field Commander Ericson (3372, 935).
    Step 3: Put the Unknown Device on Officer Milne's cruiser (3388, 768).
    Step 4: Return to Field Commander Ericson. Reward: 1400 credits; (up to) 2416 xp; Clan Mission Token; 2x Joint Clans Shoulderpad.
{spoiler}
Clans

Description: Primary goals for the Clans are freedom and spiritual gain. The clans are opposed what Omni-Tek stands for and fight to free Rubi-Ka of its oppressive rule. The Clans are stationed out of the rebel part of Rubi-Ka, on the dry side of the planet.

Main Cities:
* Tir
* Old Athens
* West Athens
* Avalon
* Bliss
With Nanashai, I will have her join the Clan. (I will add the Omni-Tek side in the near future.)

Let's talk to Clan Guard Elina Jones.

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Clan Guard Elina Jones (3379, 833).
    Step 2:
    Talk to Field Commander Ericson (3372, 935).
    Step 3: Put the Unknown Device on Officer Milne's cruiser (3388, 768).
    Step 4: Return to Field Commander Ericson. Reward: 1400 credits; (up to) 2416 xp; Clan Mission Token; 2x Joint Clans Shoulderpad.
Clan Guard Elina Jones: Hello Nanashai. You should join the freedom fighters!
Nanashai: What are you doing here?
Clan Guard Elina Jones: We have to make our stand here. Everyone that arrives on Rubi-ka deserves to know what Omni-Tek really does to this planet!
Nanashai: I agree with you, Omni-Tek needs to pay...
Clan Guard Elina Jones: Join the clans then! We fight for freedom and we certainly make Omni-Tek pay!
Nanashai: You are right, maybe I should join the clans...
Clan Guard Elina Jones: Great! I know a guy you might want to talk to. Ericson is always looking for young recruits.
Field Commander Ericson isn't that far away. Just head north through Omni-Tek building, and Ericson is standing at the tables.

Field Commander Ericson: And yet another able-bodied recruit blows in from the sandy wastes.
Are you here to help the cause?

Nanashai: Yes, Elina Jones sent me.
Field Commander Ericson: She is a fine woman, Elina. Did she tell you anything about the Clans?
Nanashai: Enough for me to know I should be on your side!
Field Commander Ericson: I have a small task for you, if you are interested..
Nanashai: What did you have in mind?
Field Commander Ericson: In this facility, you'll find some Omni-Tek lackies and I would like you to place this...device...on the vehicle that these Omni-Tek vermin crawled out of.
The device's true purpose does not matter, I just need you to locate their vehicle and use the device on it.
It doesn't get much simpler than that, right?

Nanashai: Ok, I'll do it.
Field Commander Ericson: Good, I knew you'd want a piece of the action. Here's the device, now go and tag that Omni-Tek vehicle.
Time to place a ... thing ... on Officer Milne's cruiser. Head straight south and down a small ramp to the desert and turn right. You'll see the cruiser there. Left click on it, then pick up the Unknown Device from your Inventory and click on the cruiser (once again, finiky hitbox heh). An Omni-Tek Patrol will appear, but just ignore it and head back to Ericson.

Field Commander Ericson: So you've come back. I trust the mission was a success?
Nanashai: I did it. Just as you told me to.
Field Commander Ericson: Good job, then there is nothing further that we will need to speak on the subject.
You should become a clanner, here take this application form and a token of my gratitude.
You will receive four items; Clan Mission Token, Joint Clan Shoulderpads x2, and a Low Level Clans Application Form. Right clicking on the Application form will ask if you are sure to 'join' the Clan. Say yes, and it will become a Clan Merits - Basic Board. NOTE: You can Right Click it again to make it a Clan Advancement - Basic Board, but outside of stat change between the two, I'm not sure what else is a difference, or if Froobs can make it that item. Also, you'll want to Right Click on the Clan Mission Token to add it to your total.

Now as part of the Clan, you can get upgrades for your Newcomer Armor (bought at Sarah Greene's Armor stall).
Clan Equipment Vendor: Hello my friend!
I see you're one of us now... the noble freedom fighters of Rubi-Ka... the Clans!
Being a member of the Clans is something to be proud of--knowing you are fighting every day for justice and freedom on this beautiful dusty-red planet, Rubi-Ka.
And I even have armor upgrades and new equipment which can help you in your cause!

Nanashai: Armor upgrades?
Clan Equipment Vendor: It's great armor, only wearable by freedom fighting Clans!
All you need is some Newcomer's Armor to upgrade.
Nanashai: I've got some Newcomer's Armor. How do I upgrade it?
Clan Equipment Vendor: Check out my shop inventory.
Click on the shopping basket to open the shop window.
Clan Equipment Vendor: Look for the Joint Clans Badge in the shop inventory.
You'll want to buy one Joint Clans Badge for each piece of Newcomer's Armor you want to upgrade.
To upgrade, first make sure you're not wearing your armor, then attach a Joint Clans Badge to an armor piece.
This will start a chemical reaction which will change the molecular structure of the armor - it will become Joint Clans Newcomer's Armor.

Nanashai: Appreciate the help, thanks a lot.
Clan Equipment Vendor: Absolutely! I'm always happy to help a fellow Clansperson!
So, get yourself a set of Newcomer's Armor (Chest, Hands, Boots, Legs, and 2 Sleeves - there is no Head piece, though you can buy the Shades off your respective Equipment Vendor). NOTE: The Badges do not work on Sundance armor, the armor from the Shadowlands, so can't upgrade that. You'll want to put the Badge in the Source, and the Newcomer Armor piece (unequipped) in the Target, so get the upgraded armor.

NOTE: You can upgrade your Faction Newcomer Armor by Right Clicking on it after you take it off. Each click give 1 QL point. So it will level with you up to QL 50 (maybe even 200?)(?). Just make sure not to accidentally have your armor outlevel you!

Here is Nanashai is full Clan armor with the shades.

Image {/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:26 pm

13. Choosing Omni-Tek Faction - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Omni AF Officer Milne (3390, 854).
    Step 2: Use the OTAF Official Notice on an Omni-AF Private.
    Step 3: Arrest Henri Zure (3374, 923).
    Step 4: Return to Officer Milne. Reward: 1320 credits; (up to) 2416 xp; Omni-Tek Mission Token; x2 Omni-Tek Shoulderpad.
{spoiler}
Omni-Tek

Description: Omni-Tek is a hyper-corporation with affiliates all over the galaxy. It has a large presence on Rubi-Ka to mine for the rare mineral commonly known as Notum.
Omni-Tek strives for profit and will let nothing stand in its way. As a new citizen of Rubi-Ka you are expected to become an Omni-Tek employee. In the Omni-Tek family you gain material benefits and power.
The primary goal for Omni-Tek is material gain.

Main Cities:
* Omni-1 (HQ, Trade, Entertainment Districts)
* Rome (Red, Blue, Green Districts)
* Galway Castle
* Lush Fields
Omni-AF Officer Milne: Stand up straight and look me in the eye. You are addressing a superior officer.
Omni-Tek is recruiting. You, a new citizen on this planet, must embrace the Omni-Tek mantle and guard it with your life, as there are those who wish to see it destroyed.
Angelterri: Is Omni-Tek recruiting?
Omni-AF Officer Milne: That is correct, but we won't take just anyone. You need to have the strength to execute your corporate duties, no matter how big or small.
If you are interested, I may have a chore for you.

Angelterri: What is it you want done?
Omni-AF Officer Milne: It's quite simple, really. The biggest bonehead around here, Henri, has crossed the line for the last time. He needs to be taken care of, and by that I mean prison time.
Angelterri: I will do it.
Omni-AF Officer Milne: Good to hear. Tell one of my privates to help you before you arrest Henri. No private will ask questions if you show him the OTAF Official Notice I gave you. However, they are not very patient..
That is all. You are dismissed.
You will be given the OTAF Official Notice which you need to 'give' to one of the Privates near you. Target a Private and right click the Notice in your Inventory. He will then follow you to find Vanguard Henri Zure (he hang out between the tent and the small bar to the north. The Private is impatient, so don't dally!

All you need to do is bring the Omni Private close enough to Henri for a scripted event to occur when Henri gets arrested. Once done, return to Milne.
Omni-AF Officer Milne: Welcome back.
Angelterri: I did what you asked.
Omni-AF Officer Milne: That is good to hear. You should send in your Omni-Tek application form, no need to sit on the fence.
As payment, here is a token of my gratitude, but it won't do you any good unless you make it official.
Just like if you joined the Clan, you will receive a Low Lever Omni-Tek Application Form (right click to sign it and select Yes), an Omni-Tek Mission Token, and 2x Omni-Tek Shoulder Pads. You'll also find the Omni Trans Equipment Vendor that sells the Omni Badges to upgrade your Newbie Armor just north of Milne.

Here's my character, Angelterri in the full Omni-Tek Newcomer's Armor.

Now as part of Omni-Tek you can get upgrades for your Newcomer Armor (bought at Sarah Greene's Armor stall).

So, get yourself a set of Newcomer's Armor (Chest, Hands, Boots, Legs, and 2 Sleeves - there is no Head piece, though you can buy the Shades off your respective Equipment Vendor). NOTE: The Badges do not work on Sundance armor, the armor from the Shadowlands, so can't upgrade that. You'll want to put the Badge in the Source, and the Newcomer Armor piece (unequipped) in the Target, so get the upgraded armor.

NOTE: You can upgrade your Faction Newcomer Armor by Right Clicking on it after you take it off. Each click give 1 QL point. So it will level with you up to QL 50 (maybe even 200?)(?). Just make sure not to accidentally have your armor outlevel you! {/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:30 am

So I don't flood the feedback section on my guide, there is an update needed to fix an error to a part of it.

Under Stan Goodman the quote should be this, as the first list is actually in error:
Stanley Goodman: Hello there, stranger.
The name is Stan, and I am a man who likes to deal in previously-owned merchandise.
Nanashai: I heard you could help me out... So, do you have any work for me?
Stanley Goodman: My my... Aren't we eager? Ambition is something that is dreadfully lacking from new colonists, but... Oh dear. You have a problem don't you?
Nanashai: I arrived here without an ID and Alex said you could help me...
Stanley Goodman: You aren't the first one to wander through here with that particular issue as of late. As it so happens, you're in the right place and speaking to the right man... and if you can scratch my back, we'll see about relieving that itch on yours too.
There's a... particular strongbox being kept in a small shack nearby. I would get it myself, but I only facilitate procurement, not enact. Get me whats in that box and I will help you out.
Nanashai: I suppose I don't have much choice...
Stanley Goodman: No, no you don't. Now, I'll be uploading the target's location to your NCU. The work itself is relatively simple:; Buy a lockpick, sneak into the small building undetected. Locate the strongbox your NCU directs you toward and clean it out. Inside you'll find an Adaptation Factory. Once you've procured this item, return to me and we'll see about creating your unique ID chip.

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 am

Thanks, I updated the part of the guide with your new text :)

Chopz

Post by Chopz » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:59 am

NOTE: You can upgrade your Faction Newcomer Armor by Right Clicking on it after you take it off. Each click give 1 QL point. So it will level with you up to QL 50 (maybe even 200?)(?). Just make sure not to accidentally have your armor out-level you! {/spoiler}
I disagree.
I have tested this with Froob and Paid- in neither case will the armor out level. I have a set @ 199 Paid and 161 Froob

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:16 pm

Chopz wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:59 am
NOTE: You can upgrade your Faction Newcomer Armor by Right Clicking on it after you take it off. Each click give 1 QL point. So it will level with you up to QL 50 (maybe even 200?)(?). Just make sure not to accidentally have your armor out-level you! {/spoiler}
I disagree.
I have tested this with Froob and Paid- in neither case will the armor out level. I have a set @ 199 Paid and 161 Froob
Seems like you are right! I will make sure to update this info!
Last edited by AngelTee on Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.