Posts to Update my Guide on AOUniverse

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
AngelTee

Posts to Update my Guide on AOUniverse

Post by AngelTee » Sun May 17, 2015 8:30 am

Hey. I am making this topic here, mainly for Llie to use in updating my guide with Spoilers and Spoiler free sections. Since I can't do the code right here, I am using {spoiler}TEXT{/spoiler} for the sections. Just put what's between the spoiler code in a spoiler.

I ask that no one else play with this except Llie. Thanks for your understanding!

I'll be out of state from 5/19 - 5/26 so I'll be doing the rest after that
Last edited by AngelTee on Sun May 17, 2015 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

AngelTee

Re: Posts to Update my Guide on AOUniverse

Post by AngelTee » Sun May 17, 2015 8:33 am

MAIN STORY MISSIONS

1. Rex Larsson

Overview

Step 1: Terminate 5 Malfunctioning Cleaning Robots.
Step 2: Open the Cargo Box.
Step 3: Return to Rex Larsson. Reward: 1040 credits; (up to) 1281 xp.

Walkthrough

{spoiler}Once you get your inventory situated, you'll notice two things right away in the area around you: A blue question mark (?) and a man with the name Rex Larsson (in blue), NOTE: Any NPC you see with a blue name is related to a mission in some way, by either giving them or being a step in one.

Holding Shift and Left clicking on the question mark will give you a small tutorial about Missions:
Missions

Rarity: Normal
Description: [Ctrl]+[4] (By default) will open the Mission Window. From here, it is possible to right-click an accepted mission and perform an action on it: Look at Mission, Delete Mission, Upload to Map, and Update Team Members. Not all missions will have all of these actions.

* Look at Mission opens a window to provide the mission description.
* Upload to Map will place a waypoint on the planet map ([P] by default), local map ([Ctrl]+[6] by default), and the compass. Only one mission can be uploaded at a time.
* Update Team Members will provide team members with details on the mission (NOTE: This is only for team-missions).
* Delete Mission will delete the mission, if possible.
{/spoiler}

~~~~~

Overview
  • Step 1: Terminate 5 Malfunctioning Cleaning Robots.
    Step 2: Open the Cargo Box.
    Step 3: Return to Rex Larsson. Reward: 1040 credits; (up to) 1281 xp.
{spoiler}Speaking to Rex by Right clicking on him will give you your first mission:
Rex Larsson: Hi, I'm Rex.
Nice moves, I'm impressed. It is not easy hiding in a cargo ship. Say, how did you do it?
Nanashai: I don't really feel like telling you any of my secrets. If you'll excuse me, I need to go now.
Rex Larsson: You have it all figured out, don't you? I bet you forgot that you need an ID card to enter ICC. I don't even need glasses to notice that you don't have anything of value...
Rex lowers his voice.
Rex Larsson: You know, I arrived here the same way as you just did. I might know a guy that can help you out... I got a fake ID myself.
Nanashai: Who said I don't have any ID?
Rex Larsson: Alright there, boss, say what you want. Just know that if you don't have any form of identification, your options are limited. You can either take a quick stroll
Or.. you could get my help getting an ID, if you start helping me out here instead of denying facts...
Nanashai: Get to the point, Rex.
Rex Larsson: Ya see these Cleaning Robots? They are old, stupid and broken now. I need you to terminate them and open the cargo box with the new ones so they can start cleaning up this place... It looks messy here, don't you agree?
Nanashai: I'll do it if you promise to tell me who your contact is.
Rex Larsson: Excellent choice, I will tell you what you need to know when you have completed the task.
We got our first task! If you look in your Mission window (you can press the Missions bar on the right side tabs or Ctrl+4) it says we need to Terminate 5 Malfunctioning Cleaning Robots (Level 1). You can also click on the mission itself in the Mission window for a pop out that will give you even more detail about the mission (I highly suggest doing that).

If you look around, you will see the Malfunctioning Cleaning Bots. By Left Clicking on the creature (also known as a mob) you will see their name in a bar at the top of your UI (might have to move things around to see it) as well as in a window by your right UI bars.

You will notice two things about the bar at the top of your UI, or where you moved it:

* Either blue (neutral) or red (hostile) dots on the sides of the bar.
* A color inside the bar. This notes the difficulty level of the mob or NPC you have targeted. The colors go from: Easy - Grey > Green > Yellow > Red - Difficult (with some possible shades in between the colors)

You're now ready to attack! Hit the Q (default) or you can hit your Start Attack button. You'll get bars at the top right of your UI (you can't seem to move these) that show the speed of your attacks and nano (if used). Continue to fight the Malfunctioning Cleaning Bot until it is defeated.

When defeating a creature, after a few moments, you will be able to loot it. Hover your mouse over the dead mob and when a gear appears, Right Click on it. This will open a new window where loot might be found. If there is anything, Left Click on the items to put it in your inventory. The Loot window will close when it is empty.

Now, defeat four more Malfunctioning Cleaning Bots. The game will make a sound when that step is done, and a new one will appear in your Mission window. This time, we need to Open a Cargo Box. If you look at your Compass, you will see an orange dot, pointing to where the Cargo Box is. Left Click on the Cargo Box to select it, then Right Click on it to open it, finishing that part of the mission. With that done, return to Rex.
Rex Larsson: How did it go?
Nanashai: I've done what you asked. Can you tell me who your contact is?
Rex Larsson: I've had my fun watching you do my job. You didn't actually believe that I got a fake ID from someone here, did you? The only person I know around here is Marcus Stone, you could try asking him.
Nanashai: I can see why you don't have too many friends.
Rex Larsson: Off you go, I need to relax now. It has been a long day at work.
{/spoiler}

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun May 17, 2015 11:34 am

:top:

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm back from my vacation! I'll put the parts up one at a time so I don't over load you all.

~~~~~

2. Marcus Stone

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Marcus Stone.
    Step 2: Extinguish the Gas Fire.
    Step 3: Return to Marcus. Reward: 1080 credits; (up to) 1281 xp; Generic Nano Transmitter.

2a. Marcus Stone

Overview
  • Step 1: Ask Marcus about "Are those wounded workers your guys?"
    Step 2: Use the Stim on a Wounded Dockworker. Time: 8 hours.
    Step 3: Return to Marcus Stone. Reward: 1040 credits; (up to) 1281 xp; Health and Nano Recharger x50; Health and Nano Stim x25.
{spoiler}
Well, wasn't Rex a charming batch of sunshine. Meh. Well, time to move on. We need to find our next NPC, Marcus Stone. Head east then north down the ramp, where you will come across another tutorial. This one is about First Aid.
First Aid

Description: In a world fueled by conflict and war, it is common that you or an ally is badly injured. There are a few methods that can be used to heal yourself and allies.

* The Health and Nano Recharger can be used when you are sitting on the ground [X] and not engaged in combat. Simply select yourself or an ally and right-click the recharger.
* The Health and Nano Stim can be used in combat, but it has a smaller effect and a longer cool-down than the recharger.
~~~~~

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Marcus Stone.
    Step 2: Extinguish the Gas Fire.
    Step 3: Return to Marcus. Reward: 1080 credits; (up to) 1281 xp; Generic Nano Transmitter.
So, let's talk to Marcus for our next task (if for some reason Marcus won't talk to you, help him kill the Burning Cleaning Robot he is attacking first):

Marcus Stone: As you might have noticed, I'm a little busy at the moment.
Nanashai: Who are you?
Marcus Stone: Marcus Stone. I mostly oversee the unloading of cargo that finds its way up here on this little orange rock we all call "home". I don't know where all of you are coming from, but there's sure been a lot of folks walking out of these freighters.
Nanashai: Where am I?
Marcus Stone: Where are you? Are you being serious? You're on the planet Rubi-Ka. She may not look like much, but deep down, she's full of some precious materials that people are killing to get. Literally.
Right now we're in the primary ICC Shuttleport on the planet, right next to their main establishment. Assuming you have a valid ID card, that's where you're going to want to head - After you're in there and done with all the processing, you'll be able to go... where-ever you'd like to go, I guess.

Nanashai: Actually, Rex said you could help me... I seem to have misplaced my Identity Card.
Marcus Stone: Well now. Sounds like you got a problem. I'm not going to say I can't help you but, well, as you'll find out soon enough, everyone on Rubi-Ka needs something..
Nanashai: So, let me guess... You need some help with the fire?
A little smirk crosses his lips as he nods his approval.
Marcus Stone: Yeah, now you're catching on. As you have already noticed, a few, small fires have erupted up on this landing platform. The appropriate authorities are on their way to deal with the wounded and property damage, but if you wouldn't mind helping me with a few of these fires, it would be appreciated. You do that, I'll see if I can't help you out with your little... identity issue.
Time to fulfill your dreams of being a firefighter! Find one of the fires on the boxes nearby and Left Click on it. Then, open your Inventory, Left Click the Compact Fire Suppressant Container so it is on your cursor, then Left Click on the Gas Fire to put it out (it might take a few tries to get it right in the hitbox). Once that's done, return to Marcus.

Marcus Stone: You did a pretty good job there!
Nanashai: Thanks.
Marcus Stone: Hand me the Compact Fire Suppressant Container, please.
You'll notice a small window pop up to the side of the NPC chat window. This is where you will open your Inventory, pick up the Compact Fire Suppressant Container by Left Clicking on it so it's on your cursor, then click it into the Give Item box. After that, press the check mark.
Marcus Stone: And, good to my word....
Reaching into a small pouch by his side he produces a thin, flat, metallic disc, barely larger than a fingernail.
Marcus Stone: There. That's a generic nano transmitter, pretty standard equipment for... well, most everything. Same gizmo that lets you see things like data and information via your NCU's heads-up-display. Most of 'em are already programmed with something or another - Manufacturer's information, warning notes, care & use & feeding or whatever of whatever it is you're looking at. Typically blank ones aren't issued to the public - Supposed to make 'em hard to fake... Now, you go talk to Flint Novak. He runs the junkyard. Just head on down for the bottom of the ramp and look for a little shack. Can't miss it.
Nanashai: Thanks again.
Marcus Stone: Was there anything else?
Marcus will give you a Generic Nano Transmitter, needed to make your ID card.

Overview
  • Step 1: Ask Marcus about "Are those wounded workers your guys?"
    Step 2: Use the Stim on a Wounded Dockworker. Time: 8 hours.
    Step 3: Return to Marcus Stone. Reward: 1040 credits; (up to) 1281 xp; Health and Nano Recharger x50; Health and Nano Stim x25.
Nanashai: Are those wounded workers your guys?
Marcus Stone: They are.. Say, if you are not in a hurry would you mind saving at least one of them? I'll reward you with some equipment to patch yourself up when you get hurt.
Nanashai: I'll do it, just tell me how.
Marcus Stone: Take this Health Regeneration Stim and use it on one of my wounded workers.

This time you want to head to the west, where you'll find the Wounded Workers laying on the ground.

Left Click on one of them, then open your Inventory and Right Click on the Health Regeneration Stim. If you look at the upper left of your UI, where the bars for attacking and nano are, you'll see a new one for Item. Once that bar fills up, the stim will be 'used' on the Wounded Worker. Return to Marcus.
Marcus Stone: What?
Nanashai: I healed one of your workers with the Health Regeneration Stim.
Marcus Stone: Great, hand me the stim. (give the Health Regeneration Stim to him in the window)
Marcus Stone: Thank you for saving one of my workers. Here, take this first aid equipment to heal yourself when you need it.
Nanashai: You are welcome.
Marcus Stone: Good luck out there, kid.
Marcus will give you 50 Health and Nano Recharger and 25 Health and Nano Stim. Also, you should have enough Experience (XP or EXP) Points to reach the next level!{/spoiler}
Last edited by AngelTee on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:03 pm

3. Flink Novak

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Flint Novak.
    Step 2: Find a Bio Analyzing Computer (kill 7 robots). Reward: Bio Analyzing Computer.
    Step 3: Deliver the Bio Analyzing Computer to Alex Gibbs. Reward: 1120 credits; (up to) 2076 xp; Blank Info Chip.
{spoiler}
Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Flint Novak.
    Step 2: Find a Bio Analyzing Computer (kill 7 robots). Reward: Bio Analyzing Computer.
    Step 3: Deliver the Bio Analyzing Computer to Alex Gibbs. Reward: 1120 credits; (up to) 2076 xp; Blank Info Chip.
We have our first item needed to leave Arete Landing. Now it's time to find Flint Novak.

Head a little west, then on your right you'll see a ramp. Follow that ramp all the way down. You'll find Flint by the building up ahead.

Flint Novak: It's amazing how much trash finds itself on this planet. Hey, don't look at me like that, I was talking about the filth behind me.
My name is Flint. I look after the junkyard.
Nanashai: Hi Flint, I'm Nanashai. I was told you had work for me.
Flint Novak: Nobody talks to me, the junkyard guy, unless they need something very specific, and usually something done off of the record. Funny how often these requests have been made recently...
Flint takes a deep breath before continuing, shaking his head as though to clear the thoughts.
Flint Novak: Anyway, yes, first things first. I have a friend, yes, I'll call her a friend and she needs a small piece of hardware and... well, I could go do it myself, but...
Nanashai: What hardware does she need and where could I find it?
Flint Novak: You are a quick one, aren't you. Go out back to the 'yard and take out some of the old rickety robots back there. The device Alex needs is called a Bio Analyzing Computer. Destroy a few robots and you will find it. Don't bother coming back to me with it, give it to Alex directly.
Nanashai: What is a "Bio Analyzing Computer?"
Flint Novak: Always with the questions...good workers used to just do what they were told.
Flint sighs.
Flint Novak: These gizmos works like brains for my robots. Originally, they were programmed to seek out and chase away any living creatures that wandered in, but now they all just move around aimlessly. That said they're a fairly generic part, good for all sorts of things. Alex gets me to procure one for her once in a while, for.... various reasons. Seems these little toys can be used for the construction of other things too.
So... be a pal and get this handled for me, won't you?

Nanashai: What does this Alex person want with a piece of robot scrap?
Flint Novak: Hey, be careful what you call "scrap" around here. That's MY scrap you're talkin' about.
Anyway, you'll just have to ask her. That's knowledge that I don't need to know or want to know. The less I know about her and her personal projects, the better.
Anyway, it doesn't matter to you why she wants one - All that matters to you is that she does. Whatever you came here for, she should be able to help; Alex's a bit of a whiz. If you want more information on what she's going to do with it, ask her yourself. I'm staying out of it.
Looks like it's time to kill more robots. You can find the robots to the west, behind the shack Flint was at.

In this area there are many types of monsters. The below three will count towards Flint's quest.

* Cleaning Robot
* Waste Collector
* 32-V Docker

Once you defeat the number of robots, you will automatically have in your Inventory a Bio Analyzing Computer. We need to take this right to Alex Gibbs (no going back to Flint).
{/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:05 pm

4. Alex Gibbs

Overview
  • Step 1: Target the Surveillance Droid and use the SecTec Monitor.
    Step 2: Find a suitable place in Desmond Calitri's office to plant a bug.
    Step 3: Deliver the SecTec Monitor to ICC Immigration Officer Bill. Reward: 1160 credits; (up to) 2076 xp.
    Step 4: Defeat "The Kneebreaker".
    Step 5: Report to Alex. Reward: 1200 credit; (up to) 2229 xp; 2560-Bit Encryption Complier; Nano Crystal (Composite Tradeskill Expertise).
{spoiler}
I hope you didn't get too much robot oil and grease on you. It's time to find Alex Gibbs.

From where Flint is standing:

* Go west behind his building
* Take the first right out onto a a roadway (it's not far)
* Go immediately left onto the road
* Take the first left you see as an opening.

Alex Gibbs will be right there along with a tutorial on Tradeskilling.

Overview
  • Step 1: Target the Surveillance Droid and use the SecTec Monitor.
    Step 2: Find a suitable place in Desmond Calitri's office to plant a bug.
    Step 3: Deliver the SecTec Monitor to ICC Immigration Officer Bill. Reward: 1160 credits; (up to) 2076 xp.
    Step 4: Defeat "The Kneebreaker".
    Step 5: Report to Alex. Reward: 1200 credit; (up to) 2229 xp; 2560-Bit Encryption Complier; Nano Crystal (Composite Tradeskill Expertise).
Alex Gibbs: Hello there, what do you want?
Nanashai: I was told to bring you this device so you could help me get an ID.
Alex Gibbs: Wait.. You came onto Rubi-Ka without sufficient identification? What? I don't even... I need a moment to think... I am only experienced with providing identification to newly created automations. While the process is similar in nature, I can only provide you with the most basic identification board.
To imprint that with an actual identification that would be recognized by ICC, you would need to go elsewhere. I can help you with part of the process though... if you're willing to potentially give me a hand..
Let me see what you have for me...
(hand over the Bio Analyzing Computer)
Alex Gibbs: It's only part of a broken robot and I already have this one.. Ah well, you have to do me a favour if I'm going to help you further with your ID problem. Have you heard of Desmond Calitri? He is the administrator who operates and oversees all the operations around this industrial area of Arete Landing and has been starting to cut budgets for my engineering work. I want you to find out why, simply remotely hack into one of his patrolling security droids, and then plant an audio recording device in his office.
Once you're done, talk to old Bill. He's the closest contact I have with the ICC officials. He is usually down at the Bronto Dog Kiosk this time of the day.

Nanashai: I will get it done.
Alex Gibbs: Thank you, Nanashai.
Alex will give you a Blank Info Chip.

This quest has a few different steps to it, so let's start with the first, finding the Surveillance Droid. You want to get back on the road and head right, then take the immediate left. Go straight a little, then head left at the NPC ICC Immigration Officer Bill. Now head down the road until you see the Surveillance Droid.

Left Click on the Surveillance Droid, then Right Click on the Rebuilt HC-12 SecTec Monitor in your Inventory. Once done, your mission will turn into Plant a Bug.

Continue down the road past the Surveillance Droid to the house at the end, where Bodyguard Logan Fixx is. Enter the house, and find the Prized House Plant. Pick up the RC-P Audio Recording Device from your Inventory, and Left Click it on the Prized House Plant (once again, might take a few tries to get it in the hitbox).

Now to find ICC Immigration Officer Bill. Remember the NPC we saw at the corner not long ago? Just exit the house and go all the way to the end of the road. He'll be on your right.

ICC Immigration Officer Bill: There have been a number of accidents in my shuttleport recently. I am told they are just that, accidents. I have lived here long enough to know that there are no accidents on this planet. These are actions of terrorists...some probably aren't even documented citizens.
Speaking of which, who are you?

Nanashai: My name is Nanashai. I am new to the planet.
ICC Immigration Officer Bill: Hello Nanashai, if that is your real name. I have my eye on you. I will blow this string of crimes wide-open and finally make a name for myself. No longer will I just be an ICC Immigration Officer. It'll be Bill's time to shine.
The ICC Officer rambles on for a few minutes. You can sneak away now or ask another question.
Nanashai: What do you do around here?
ICC Immigration Officer Bill: Me? I am an Immigration Officer. I...don't have any actual power over who actually can become a citizen of Rubi-Ka, I just point people towards various locations. If you want to exit the gateway into ICC HQ, you'll have to talk to Vaughn Hammond.
Nanashai: What locations are nearby?
ICC Immigration Officer Bill: Down this main path, you'll find the market area. A few interesting characters are Remi Gallois, a weapons vendor, Sarah Greene, a trader of various armors, and of course, Antonio Stacklund, the owner of the General Store that is at the end of the strip.
Past the end of the road, on top of the bridge, you'll find Dr. Mason's medical clinic...though he is more interested in selling his bodily augmentations than actually caring for patients.
Beyond the clinic, you'll find an area where you may relax after your long voyage. Also, if you're still waiting for some final paperwork to finalize your citizenship on Rubi-Ka, that would be a good place to wait. Be careful though, I have heard that both Omni-Tek and the Clans have unofficially established themselves over there.
After that, all that is left is the ICC Headquarters here on Rubi-Ka. Vaughn will be waiting at the gate.

Nanashai: Alex Gibbs thought you may be interested in seeing this?
ICC Immigration Officer Bill: Oh, please, the SecTec Monitor! Give it here at once! I have been waiting for this to arrive. (hand over the Rebuilt HC-12 SecTec Monitor)
ICC Immigration Officer Bill: This is just what she promised...oh wait...I am hearing something from Calitri's office.
It seems he wants to arrange an "accident" to befall one of the head workers, Cedric Harding. This is awful! I...I don't know what to do! I can't move forces, and by the time I find a superior officer, it could be all over.

Nanashai: I will take care of it.
ICC Immigration Officer Bill: By yourself? That sounds dangerous.. Well, In that case you should take care of that guy he was talking to, "Alfonzo Rizzolo."
Oh and by the way, I don't know you and I have not heard anything about these plans. Don't talk to me again, got it?
Time to save a life! We need to find a mob named The Kneebreaker.

Go back down the road as if you were heading to plant the bug, but take the third ramp on your left. Go around the back then into the doorway on your left. Inside you'll find Kneebreaker Alfonzo Rizzolo (Level 4).

You'll need to talk to him until he attacks you. Defeat him and the Bruiser that appears. Once done, it's time to return to Alex (remember, you can see where to go by the orange dot that appears in your compass).
Alex Gibbs: Whats up?
Nanashai: I don't think you will need to worry about Calitri any longer.
Smiling brightly Alex squeals a bit, perhaps a little bit too happy to hear the tales of your sabotage and murder.
Alex Gibbs: Fantastic! Here, take this encryption compiler - Without (A) something to encrypt, and (B) some encryption codes it's fairly worthless... but if you can get your hands on a proper ID chip and some authentic ICC security codes... Talk to Stan Goodman, a local merchant, he might be able to help you out with the next step in the process.
Oh, if you need any help crafting items, I'm here to help you!
Alex will give you a 2560-Bit Encryption Compiler (for your ID card) as well as a Nano Crystal (Composite Tradeskill Expertise). You'll need Psychological Modifications at 20 to use this.
{/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:06 pm

5. Stan Goodman

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Stan Goodman.
    Step 2: Buy a Lockpick.
    Step 3: Take the Contents of the Strongbox.
    Step 4: Deliver Adaptation Factory to Stan Goodman. Reward: 1240 credits; (up to) 2229 xp; Unprogrammed Identification Chip.

5a. Marco Spida

Overview
  • Step 1: Buy some Nano Programs from Marco Spida (of your profession).
    Step 2: Open the Nanoprogram Container. Reward: 1120 credits; (up to) 2229 xp; Nano Crystal (Composite Attribute Boost).
{spoiler}
Now to our next NPC, Stan Goodman.

From where Alex is, here's how you get to him (if you lost the orange dot, Right Click on the mission and choose Upload to Map).

* Go to the road
* Turn Right
* Go straight til you turn right again
* Go straight for a bit til you turn left up a small ramp
* Turn left into the Market area

You'll then run into a tutorial on Vendors:
Vendors

Description: After initiating a conversation with the desired vendor, simply press right-most button on the bottom, a Shopping Cart.

* Vending machines will initialize the trade instantly when you right-click them.
* Many vendors and vending machines will do business with anyone who approaches them, but others will only deal with people of the same faction.
Stan will be slightly south and to the left at the first stall there.

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Stan Goodman.
    Step 2: Buy a Lockpick.
    Step 3: Take the Contents of the Strongbox.
    Step 4: Deliver Adaptation Factory to Stan Goodman. Reward: 1240 credits; (up to) 2229 xp; Unprogrammed Identification Chip.
Stanley Goodman: Hello there, stranger.
The name is Stan, and I am a man who likes to deal in previously-owned merchandise.

Nanashai: I heard you could help me out... So, do you have any work for me?
Stanley Goodman: My my... Aren't we eager? Ambition is something that is dreadfully lacking from new colonists, but... Oh dear. You have a problem don't you?
Nanashai: I arrived here without an ID and Alex said you could help me...
Stanley Goodman: You aren't the first one to wander through here with that particular issue as of late. As it so happens, you're in the right place and speaking to the right man... and if you can scratch my back, we'll see about relieving that itch on yours too.
There's a... particular strongbox being kept in a small shack nearby. I would get it myself, but I only facilitate procurement, not enact. Get me whats in that box and I will help you out.

Nanashai: I suppose I don't have much choice...
Stanley Goodman: No, no you don't. Now, I'll be uploading the target's location to your NCU.

The work itself is relatively simple:
1: Buy a lockpick.
2: Sneak into the small building undetected. Locate the strongbox your NCU directs you toward and clean it out. Inside you'll find an Adaptation Factory.
3: Once you've procured this item, return to me and we'll see about creating your unique ID chip.
I hope you don't mind being a little bit sneaky and breaking and entering, cause we're going to be doing just that. But first, we need to go get our self a Lockpick.

* Head south down the path
* At the first ramp you see on your right, go up it and into the building
* Click on the ICC Tech Supplies terminal.

You will want to buy a Vacuum Packed Lock Pick. Right Click the item in your Inventory to get your Lock Pick.

Now to find where the container is.

* Go out of the building and turn left.
* Go down the ramp and turn left again
* Go straight and turn left at the end before you reach the road
* Go straight until you run into a tutorial for Concealment
Concealment

Description: For those skilled in stealth and subterfuge, it is possible to move past hostile targets. To enter Concealment, press [H] (by default).

* The Concealment skill of the user versus the Perception of the target determines if it is possible to successfully hide.
* Movement in Concealment is slowed.
* Using many types of actions, or receiving a hostile action, will cause Concealment to end.
Here things can get a little tricky as you have an NPC and a Security Dog in the area. What you want to do is move into the building then press H to sneak. If done right, it will say you start Sneaking. You want to go into the back room and Left Click on the container you see there. Once done, you need to open your Inventory and pick up the Lockpick and Left Click on the Merchant's Strongbox.

This can be a pain if the Security Dog walks in (you cannot kill the dog) to get you as you drop stealth when you pick the lock. But when done correctly, you'll get Antonio's Adaptation Factory into your Inventory.

Time to go back to Stan.
Stanley Goodman: Good to see you again... Did you find Antonio's Adaption Factory?
Nanashai: I think I have what you were looking for.
Stanley Goodman: Excellent, I was starting to get worried. I didn't want to deal with ICC and their incessant questioning again.
Lets go ahead and get at least part of your identification issue settled! I'll need the Nano Transmitter, the Blank Info Chip, and the Encryption Compiler and ofcourse the Adaptation Factory if you please.
(You want to hand over the items he asks for, along with the Antonio's Adaptation Factory you got from the Merchant Strongbox)
He pockets the adaptation factory before turning his attention to the three pieces of your future ID chip, plugging them all together.
Stanley Goodman: It would seem my instincts were correct about you. You're a natural. All it needs now is some additional information and security clearance codes and you should be ready to go. Visit Sarah Greene an 'associate' of mine, and if you're smart you'd do well to leave out my name.
Also if you haven't done so already you should see my good friend Marco Spida and buy a Nanoprogram Container.

Nanashai: Thanks, it was fun.
Stanley Goodman: I am glad to hear it. As I said, should you ever decide you want slightly more... stable, if not entirely *legal* employment, you know where to find me.
~~~~~

Let's go get some nanos for your specific profession. Just head directly southwest from Stan and you will see a building with NANO signs. When you enter, you'll find a tutorial on nanos.
Nano Programs

Description: Nanobots are an essential element of life on Rubi-Ka. Manipulating them through nano programs is a common practice exercised by everyone. In order to upload a new nano program, a Nano Crystal is needed. There are specific nano programs designated for your profession, and the requirements to use the nano must be met every time it is executed.

* Once a nano program has been uploaded, it will be available in your nano program library: [Ctrl]+[8] (By default).
* A shortcut to a specific nano can be placed in your hotbar by simply dragging the nano program to the desired location.
Marco is on the other side of the desk.

Overview
  • Step 1: Buy some Nano Programs from Marco Spida (of your profession).
    Step 2: Open the Nanoprogram Container. Reward: 1120 credits; (up to) 2229 xp; Nano Crystal (Composite Attribute Boost).
Marco Spida: Do you need any Nano Programs? I'm the guy.
Nanashai: What can you tell me about Nano Programs?
Marco Spida: Ask me anything you like.
Nanashai: What is a Nano Program?
Marco Spida: You are new here, aren't you? Rubi-Ka is filled with Notum which allows nanobots to work at peak efficiency. Nano programs are nanobots programmed to execute a specific task for you. In the old days they would have called nano programs magic, but today we call it science. Which nano programs you are able to control is determined by your profession.
Nanashai: What is Notum?
Marco Spida: Some think it is the very essence of life, but that is too deep for me. It is probably just a combination of chemicals or something. You know Omni-Tek knows their science stuff.
Nanashai: Where can I get new Nano Programs?
Marco Spida: I'm your guy! Look at my inventory, I'm sure I have the right package of nano programs to suit your needs.
What you now want to do is look at the far bottom of the NPC chat window and click on the icon that is a shopping cart (far right one). That will bring up the NPC's shop. Look for the one of your profession and buy it. Right click it in your Inventory (which will complete the mission as well as give you a Nano Crystal (Composite Attribute Boots which needs Psychological Modification and Sensory Improvement and Modification both at 30).

Some nanos might not be able to be used right away, but you should be able to use them all by level 10 when your IP are put in the right skills (make sure you Shift+Left Click on the nano so you can see what requirements you need).
{/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:07 pm

6. Sarah Greene

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Sarah Greene.
    Step 2: Find the Thief in the underground.
    Step 3: Deliver DNA-Locked Armor to Sarah Greene. Reward: 1280 credits; (up to) 2581 xp; Biological Survey Nanobots.
{spoiler}
Now to our next NPC, Sarah Greene. Just go south from Stan and turn left when you see the ARMOR stall.

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Sarah Greene.
    Step 2: Find the Thief in the underground.
    Step 3: Deliver DNA-Locked Armor to Sarah Greene. Reward: 1280 credits; (up to) 2581 xp; Biological Survey Nanobots.
Sarah Greene: Well howdy, y'all. Welcome and step on up to Sarah Greene's Armor Imporium. As a new arrival you may not know that it's dangerous to go alone through the wilds of Rubi-Ka, without proper protection. Lucky for you, I've got the best custom-made protection available in the shuttleport!
Nanashai: I heard that we might be able to help each other out...
You spend a few moments explaining your basic plight, making sure to avoid mentioning Stan's name.
Sarah Greene: I can help ya out. You got good timin' too, just came up on my own little crisis. Somebody done made off with one of my prototype suits I was workin' on. Ain't much they can do with it, bein' DNA-locked to me and all, but it's still a pretty significant amount of effort and time from my end that went into it so I ain't quite ready to just let it go that easy. You get this back for me and I'll see what I can do about helping with your own issues.
Nanashai: Have you tried to contact ICC?
Sarah's eyes roll as she scoffs, head shaking side to side with unhidden disdain.
Sarah Greene: That ain't gonna do me no good. Local patrols don't exactly have the best record of catchin' thieves; tell the truth I can't think of a single time that one of us vendors got ripped off and we got our stuff back, regardless of affiliation or standin'. Guess it just all comes with the territory.
Let's go catch a thief!

Head south to the end of the platform and drop off. Turning around, you'll see there is another area full of trash and other items. Our thief is said to be in here somewhere. Go left down the path and the right, all the way to the end. Be careful as some Garbage Fleas can be orange and there is a named one at the end of the path.

Doesn't look like the thief got to far. Don't feel bad about looting his body to get the armor back (a Garbage Flea will spawn as well).

Let's head back to Sarah.
Sarah Greene: Well howdy, y'all. Welcome and step on up to Sarah Greene's Armor Imporium. As a new arrival you may not know that it's dangerous to go alone through the wilds of Rubi-Ka, without proper protection. Lucky for you, I've got the best custom-made protection available in the shuttleport!
Nanashai: I found the stolen armor.
Sarah claps her hands happily, beaming as you produce the stolen suit.
Sarah Greene: And you actually even brought it back! Well hot damn. If you don't mind passin' it over...? (Give over the DNA-Locked Prototype Raven Combat Armor)
Sarah Greene: Yeeehaw, y' found it! I was startin' to think it was lost an' gone forever. I'm so happy I could kiss ya! But I won't, 'cause that's a little creepy.
With a small 'thud' she tosses a package onto the counter in front of you, heavy and thick.
Sarah Greene: There ya go, a deal is a deal.
I'm sure Vernon Godfray should be able to help with aquiring more parts needed for your ID card.

Nanashai: Thanks.
Sarah Greene: Good luck out there.
Sarah will give you a Biological Survey Nanobot (used for ID card).
{/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:08 pm

7. Vernon Godfray

Overview
  • Step 1: Speak to Vernon Godfray.
    Step 2: Hack the Omni-Tek Technical Library.
    Step 3: Give the Hacked Technical Library to Vernon Godfray. Reward: 1320 credits; (up to) 2581 xp; Hacked Technical Library.
{spoiler}
Onward to the next NPC, Vernon Godfray. From Susan, head left, then right up the ramp you see. Go into the building (the same building you bought the Lockpick in). Vernon is behind the desk.

Overview
  • Step 1: Speak to Vernon Godfray.
    Step 2: Hack the Omni-Tek Technical Library.
    Step 3: Give the Hacked Technical Library to Vernon Godfray. Reward: 1320 credits; (up to) 2581 xp; Hacked Technical Library.
Vernon Godfray: You. Take these.
His outstretched hand offers you the two objects: One a small pill-sized object with electrical connectors poking from the sides, and the other some fashion of scan and input device. He pulls another object from his pocket with his free hand, a strangely green metallic tube. He waits for you to follow his instructions.
Nanashai: Fine, I will hold the items for you.
As you take the two objects in-hand the man begins running his fingers along the tube, pressing at various points on its featureless, smooth surface. As he works a glow begins eminating from within, steadily growing brighter and brighter. After a moment he pauses and looks up to you for the first time, an expectant expression on his face.
Vernon Godfray: ... Well?
Nanashai: ... well what?
Vernon Godfray: Well get to it!
He seems less than pleased that you haven't done... whatever it is he wanted you to do by now.
Vernon Godfray: The little thing is an Omni-Tek Technical Library. The scope thing is a Hacker Tool. I want the Library hacked because that will remove that absolutely moronic "Omni-Tek Employee Lock" on the damnable thing. Just use the tool on the library and get back to me when you're done.
With that he returns his attention to the glowing tube.
Ah, another ray of sunshine. But Vernon wants us to do a bit of hacking for him. First, open the Tradeskill Kit (Shift+T) and put the Hacker Tool (Source) and Omni-Tek Technical Library (Target) to make the Hacked Technical Library. Now talk to Vernon again.
The man's head barely even tilts upward as you approach, keeping his focus on the odd objects in his hands.
Vernon Godfray: Well?
Nanashai: I was able to hack the device.
Without even blinking an eye the man continues to poke at the tube in his hands, nodding impassively.
Vernon Godfray: Very well, leave it here if you would. (Hand over the Hacked Technical Library)
Vernon Godfray: Well then, you seem like you are the useful kind of stray dog. Don't tell me, you are here to get my help with an ID card, but I won't do it for free. I have a simple task, and you'll need that Hacker Tool again. In the dock area, there's a Shipping Manifest Terminal. I need that terminal... altered. You can either go in via the freight entrance or the personnel entrance. Either way is up to you. Once you're in, find the terminal and use your Hacker Tool on it to reroute some of the data over to one of my... organization's own databases. Fairly simple, and once you're done I should be able to give you a hand.
Do you have any questions?

Nanashai: Is this... legal?
Vernon Godfray: Technically speaking, no. But neither is getting a fake ID.
With that the man nods and returns his attention to the glowing green tube nearby, seemingly forgetting about your presence once more. You suppose question and answer time is over...
You receive a Hacked Technical Library which you can wear (need Computer Literacy at 50).

Overview
  • Step 1: Hack the Shipping Manifest Terminal.
    Step 2: Return to Vernon Godfray. Reward: 1360 credits; (up to) 2581 xp; Blank ICC ID Chip.
Now to find that Terminal.

* Exit and turn left
* Go down the ramp and turn right
* Go straight and head south until you see some ramps
* Go left and across the ramp. Continue until you reach a building
* Turn left and head north until you run into ICC Immigration Officer Bill
* Turn right and go down the road
* Turn left at the second ramp.
* Go up the ramp and turn left. Follow the platform and enter the building

Here you will find the Shipping Manifest Terminal. Right Click on the terminal.
Shipping Manifest Terminal: Please choose an operation:
* Register a new/completed shipment
* Cancel an existing shipment
* Access Shipping Manifest Logging

Nanashai: (Access Shipping Manifest Logging)
Shipping Manifest Terminal: Access Denied.
Nanashai: (Apply Hacker Tool) (Put your Hacker Tool in the Give window)
Shipping Manifest Terminal: Please Enter Password.
Shipping Manifest Terminal: Password Correct. Access Granted.
Shipping Manifest Logs are maintained within ICC Headquarters. To view Log History, please schedule an appointment with Roy K. of Shuttleport Administration.

Nanashai: (Re-route shipping report data.)
Shipping Manifest Terminal: Updating
New data delay point has been specified. No notification messages have been sent.
With that done, it's time to return to Vernon.
Vernon Godfray: And you finally return. I was starting to think I'd have to head on over to the docks and fish you out of some trouble.
Nanashai: I've returned. The terminal was hacked.
Vernon Godfray: Good. You should have an ID chip of some fashion. Give it here. (Give your Unprogrammed Identification Chip)
You procure the chip from your pocket, the man quickly snatching it from your grip. He produces his own hacker tool and sets to work, holding the scope end over the small chip as he taps against the interface display. After only a few seconds he nods again and hands it to you once more.
Vernon Godfray: There. I've programmed your chip with official ICC clearance codes. Same as if you'd gotten them from a bureaucrat yourself. You'll need that for authentication purposes. Doctor Mason over at the hospital can help you out with imprinting your DNA in to the chip.
Nanashai: Great! Anything else?
Hunching over again the man peers once more at the floating green tube, seemingly lost in its sparkling shine. As he doesn't respond to your question you assume that the answer would be 'no'; with your newly programmed chip in hand, you decide to leave him to his own devices.
Vernon will hand you a Blank ICC ID Chip (for your ID card).
{/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:09 pm

8. Lady Sheila Black (SHADES ONLY)

Overview
  • Step 1: Upload Nano Crystal (Spirit Siphon).
    Step 2: Use Spirit Siphon on a monster with < 21% health.
    Step 3: Loot the Soul Capsule and return to Lady Sheila. Reward: Comfortless Spirit of Defense.
    Step 4: Equip the Comfortless Spirit of Defense.
    Step 5: Talk to Lady Sheila. Reward: 1400 credits; (up to) 2416 xp; Personalized ICC ID Chip.

8a. Doctor Mason

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Doctor Mason.
    Follow these steps below exactly.
    Step 2: Buy a Basic Leg Implant. Buy an Agility Cluster - Shiny (Leg). Insert the Agility Cluster - Shiny (Leg) into the Leg Implant.
    Step 3: Buy a Stamina Cluster - Bright (Leg). Insert the Stamina Cluster - Bright (Leg) into the Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny.
    Step 4: Buy a Max Health Cluster - Faded (Leg). Insert the Max Health Cluster - Faded (Leg) into the Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny.
    Step 5: Show Doctor Mason the Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny. Reward: Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny.
    Step 6: Install the Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny.
    Step 7: Talk to Doctor Mason. Reward: 1400 credits; (up to) 2581 xp; Personalized ICC ID Chip.
{spoiler}
Since Shades do not use Implants, we need to speak to a specific person to learn about Spirits. That person is Lady Sheila.

Overview
  • Step 1: Upload Nano Crystal (Spirit Siphon).
    Step 2: Use Spirit Siphon on a monster with < 21% health.
    Step 3: Loot the Soul Capsule and return to Lady Sheila. Reward: Comfortless Spirit of Defense.
    Step 4: Equip the Comfortless Spirit of Defense.
    Step 5: Talk to Lady Sheila. Reward: 1400 credits; (up to) 2416 xp; Personalized ICC ID Chip.
Lady Sheila Black: I like your style.
Angelterri: I was told you could help me out...
Lady Sheila Black: Another shade, could it be? What do you need help with, my dear?
Angelterri: I need my DNA imprented in this Blank ICC ID Chip..
Lady Sheila Black: I could do that in a heartbeat, but there is something that is not quite right about you. I will help you with your ID chip, if you prove to me that you are a true Shade.
Take this Spirit Siphon and use it on a dying monster to capture its spirit. Return to me with the spirit you found.
She hands you a Nano Crystal (Spirit Siphon), something you may have gotten beforehand if you bought your nano pack. You are to head out and fight a mob, then when their health is under 20%, use the Spirit Siphon skill. This will net you a Soul Capsule.

Let's go back to Lady Sheila with the Soul Capsule.
Lady Sheila Black: Come closer my friend.
Angelterri: I found a Soul Capsule!
Lady Sheila Black: Let me have a look. (Hand over the Soul Capsule)
Lady Sheila Black: Impressive. You can open the Soul Capsule to see what it contains.
I gave you a spirit as a reward, why don't you become its vessel?

Angelterri: I will.
Lady Sheila Black: Talk to me when you are done.
She will hand back the Soul Capsule and also give you a Comfortless Spirit of Defense. Since you don't need the Surgical Clinic to put on Spirits, just right click it to 'wear' it in your Legs slot in Implants. Talk to Lady Sheila when you have done that.
Lady Sheila Black: I like your style.
Angelterri: Now, will you help me?
Lady Sheila Black: Yes. Hand me the following items:
A Blank ICC ID Chip and some Biological Survey Nanobots.
(Hand over the items)
She touches you and it feels like she ripped out part of your spirit.. A little droplet of blood runs down your cheek. Did you just cry blood?
Lady Sheila Black: There we have it, one personalized ID chip, ready to be used in a card.
Angelterri: Eh.. thank you..
Lady Sheila Black: Don't mention it. Perhaps you should talk to Lorelei, I heard she might be involved in some... Illegal things in her spare time.
~~~~~

WARNING: Doc Mason will refuse to talk you if you dare to make an implant with clusters other then what's specified & give it to him. Can't get the final mission ( Lolly bird) then. At that point you can either petition or do the 15k bribe or reroll.

Time to see the Doctor! Well ... not that doctor, but Doctor Mason. He is found across from the building where Vernon is, in the Implants/Pharmacy building.

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Doctor Mason.
    Follow these steps below exactly.
    Step 2: Buy a Basic Leg Implant. Buy an Agility Cluster - Shiny (Leg). Insert the Agility Cluster - Shiny (Leg) into the Leg Implant.
    Step 3: Buy a Stamina Cluster - Bright (Leg). Insert the Stamina Cluster - Bright (Leg) into the Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny.
    Step 4: Buy a Max Health Cluster - Faded (Leg). Insert the Max Health Cluster - Faded (Leg) into the Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny.
    Step 5: Show Doctor Mason the Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny. Reward: Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny.
    Step 6: Install the Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny.
    Step 7: Talk to Doctor Mason. Reward: 1400 credits; (up to) 2581 xp; Personalized ICC ID Chip.
Dr. Mason: Good day to you! If you've come looking to improve your quality of life through the power of bodily augmentation, you have come to the right place.
Nanashai: I heard you might be able to help me...
You spend a few moments explaining your situation to the patient doctor.
Dr. Mason: Ah, yes, another one. I should say that forging an ID chip is rather illegal and somewhat risky... but truthfully I'd rather lend a hand against the bureaucratic red-tape-nonsense than be a stickler for the law.
However, I won't help you without a little hand in return. Trust me, the task I have for you is mutually beneficial.. See my fine selection of vending machines? ICC wants me to make more money, and that is where you come in. Assemble a Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny, I will upload the recipe to your ncu. Show it to me when you are done.

Nanashai: I'll come back when I'm done.
Dr. Mason: Sounds good. I'll be here.
Time to do a bit more crafting!

If you turn to your right, you'll see four terminals, each labeled differently. Three hold Clusters; Shiny, Bright, Faded respectively, and the last holds blank Implants. Doctor Mason gave us a recipe we need to follow in our Mission.

First, we need a Basic Leg Implant. So go to the Implant terminal and scroll down to the 9th row. There are three levels of it (1, 5, or 10) so buy the level 1 implant. NOTE: You can do a higher level relative to your own, but you need more Nano Programming in order to do the combine; 22 for the level 5. I am unsure about the level 10 implant.

Now we need an Agility Cluster (Shiny).

Time to craft! Open your Tradeskill Kit window and put the Agility Cluster (Shiny) into the Source, and the Basic Leg Implant (Target) to get a Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny.

Now we need a Stamina Cluster - Bright (Leg). Combine that as your source and the Leg Implant you already made to add the Stamina cluster.

Lastly, we'll need a Max Health Cluster - Faded (Leg). Combine that as your Source to the Leg Implant you already have to add the Max Health cluster.

Let's return to Doctor Mason to show him what we've made.
Dr. Mason: Welcome back, I hope you were successful.
Nanashai: I finished that implant.
Dr. Mason: Good, let's see how you did. Please give it to me. (Hand over the implant you made)
Dr. Mason: Not bad for a beginner. Now, I think you should install it. Use the Surgery Clinic in the corner.
Nanashai: How do I install an Implant?
Dr. Mason: To install an implant, you will need to utilize a Surgery Clinic. I recommend the stationary devices, such as the one located here.
In addition to needing access to a Surgery Clinic, you will also need some medical proficiency in treating wounds and injuries. With appropriate Treatment, and a strong enough body to withstand the implants, you will be able to insert implants into vacant places within your body. As a reminder, only 1 implant can be in a single location.
With the right skills, all you need to do is use a Clinic and then begin inserting your augmentations.
He'll hand back your implant, and wants you to go install it on the Surgery Clinic. Turn around and you'll see the device in the corner next to a tutorial on Implants.
Implants

Description: Implants are available for 13 different parts of the body. They are composed of 3 Clusters, each of a different type: shining, bright, and faded. Every skill has a shining, bright, and faded cluster, and each cluster may only be placed in an pre-defined location (e.g. a shining Matter Creation cluster can only be placed in a Brain implant).

What you want to do is Click on the Surgery Clinic. This will give you a buff for about 5 minutes (or until you leave the building) allowing you to put in and change around your implants. So let's put in the Leg Implant we made. Open up the Wear window (CTRL+1) and click on the Implant tab at the top of it. Pick up your Leg Implant from your Inventory, and drop it into the Leg slot. There you go! You just shoved some weird, mechanical stuff into your body, and you don't even have a medical degree!

Return to the good doctor.
Dr. Mason: Welcome back, I hope you were successful.
Nanashai: I have installed the implant and I have all the items we need for the chip.
The good doctor clasps his hands together with a big smile, nodding to himself.
Dr. Mason: Excellent, then let's get started. I'll need the Blank ICC ID Chip and the Biological Survey Nanobots, if you please. (Hand over the items he asks for)
Without any warning he pokes the side of your neck with the DNA-Unlocking device. A little droplet of blood runs down the outside of your throat.
Dr. Mason: And... there we have it, one personalized ID chip, ready to be used in a card.
Lorelei down at the bar has a... slight side business. Speak with her, and she should be able to help out with the final step.

Nanashai: Thank you for all the help.
Dr. Mason: More than happy to. Like I said, if I have to bend the rules a little to help out those who've been passed over by the bureacracy, I'm more than happy to do so. At any rate, Lorelei should be able to help you from here - Best of luck, sincerely.
Ow ... he could have given us a warning! But anyway, feel free to make more implants for yourself before you head off to the next NPC.

Here is a great page with info about making Implants, and what clusters go in what Implant. Hopefully it will help you decide!
{/spoiler}
Last edited by AngelTee on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:10 pm

9. Lorelei

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Lorelei.
    Step 2: Buy a Tasty Peanut Butter Cookie.
    Step 3: Capture Lolly.
    Step 4: Deliver Lolly to Lorelei. Reward: 1440 credits; (up to) 2596 xp; Identification Card.
{spoiler}
And now, off to get a drink at the bar and see Lorelei the Bartender! Just go out of the building you're in with the doctor, turn left, then head straight west to the building you see in front of you.

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Lorelei.
    Step 2: Buy a Tasty Peanut Butter Cookie.
    Step 3: Capture Lolly.
    Step 4: Deliver Lolly to Lorelei. Reward: 1440 credits; (up to) 2596 xp; Identification Card.
The young woman before you smiles brightly as you approach, her hands busy polishing a tumbler with a rather less-than-sanitary looking rag.
Lorelei the Bartender: Hey there, cutie. What can I get ya?
Nanashai: I was told you might be able to give me a hand...
You yet again start the process of explaining your situation when, barely five words in, Lorelei raises her hand to stop you with a soft, friendly chuckle.
Lorelei the Bartender: No, no, it's ok I can help you! You don't have to go through the whole story. Probably better I don't know. However, I will need you to do me a favor before I help you out.
Nanashai: I will help you, what do you need?
Lorelei the Bartender: You need to find my stupid Reet, Lolly. He escaped again... I believe he might have found a girlfriend or something... Try looking for him near the other Reets in the desert oasis.
Nanashai: Is there anything in particular I should know about Lolly?
Lorelei the Bartender: He is blue and talks a lot...
And he really loves peanut butter cookies. If you plan to lure him in to the cage, it would probably be a good idea to buy a cookie before you leave.
This quest really caught a lot of people in that they didn't pay attention to what Lorelei said.

First, click on the Shopping Cart for her, and buy the Peanut Butter Cookie from her shop. Now we need to do a bit of trekking into the desert and grassy area outside. Head south into the desert, then cross into the grass area. Along the way you'll pass Roller Rats and Desert Reets. The mission will give you a general area of where Lolly is, as the reet flies around.

Right click on Lolly (Flocks, Level 10) when you get close enough to talk to it.
Lolly the Reet: Lolly wants a cracker! (Here, press the Give icon at the bottom of the NPC chat. Looks like a hand with a box in it) and give Lolli the Peanut Butter Cookie)
The bird starts eating the tasty cookie. It is distracted, now is the time to catch it!
Nanashai: (Quietly pick up the bird)
Lolly doesn't notice that you get closer and by the time he does, he is already in your hands!
Now you have Lolly and the cage in your Inventory. Open up your Tradeskill Kit, put Lolly in the Source and the Cage in the Target, and voila! Lolly in the cage. Now back to Lorelei.
The young woman before you smiles brightly as you approach, her hands busy polishing a tumbler with a rather less-than-sanitary looking rag.
Lorelei the Bartender: Hey there, cutie. What can I get ya?
Nanashai: I have the bird...
With a sharp smile and nod the bartender extends her hand.
Lorelei the Bartender: Alright then, sounds like we're ready to do this. I'll need the ID chip too. (hand over Lolly in the cage and the ID chip)
She places the bird cage on the ground and you can see Lolly breaking out of his cage as she crouches down behind the counter.
Lorelei the Bartender: This'll take just a sec.
You hear a few miscellaneous beeps and dings from... something... underneath the bar top.
Lorelei the Bartender: And here you go. Congratulations, you are now a fully-fledged colonist of Rubi-Ka!
You should talk to Vaughn Hammond about entering ICC HQ.
Nanashai: Thank you.
Lorelei the Bartender: No, thank you. I'm glad to have Lolly back!
She looks down at the cage...
Lorelei the Bartender: Excuse me... I have some feathers to pick with my little friend...
You now have the last item you need to leave Arete Landing!
{/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:12 pm

10. Vaughn Hammond (LEAVING NPE)

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Vaughn Hammond. Reward: 1040 credits; (up to) 2596 xp.
{spoiler}
This is it folks, the end of our journey on Arete Landing. You'll want to find and speak to Vaughn Hammond by the ICC HQ door.

WARNING: You cannot go back to Arete Landing once you leave. So make sure you do all the missions you want to, buy what you need, and are ready to leave.

You have two ways to leave Arete Landing; the quick way or the story way.

~~~~~

The Quick Way

Go to this post to get the Credit Card and steal the money, then head directly to Vaugh Hammond and talk to him.
A low sigh comes from inside the Peackeeper's helmet.
Vaughn Hammond: Hello citizen, on behalf of the ICC, I welcome you to Rubi-Ka.
Please present your identification to proceed to the elevator.

Mauncark: I am ready to leave.
Vaughn Hammond: Do you have an ID card?
Mauncark: No... I don't.
Vaughn Hammond: Well then, I guess you are stuck here. You have my condolences. Good luck.
Mauncark: Wait a minute! I'm sure we could arrange a little something for your troubles if you help me..
Vaughn Hammond: I'm a peacekeeper, kid. You won't get anywhere without a proper identification.
Mauncark: But, I'm rich. I will pay you to help me!
Vaughn Hammond: You don't have the kind of cash to bribe me, kid.
Mauncark: Name your price.
Vaughn starts laughing, obviously amused by your persistence.
Vaughn Hammond: 15.000 credits and we have an understanding.
Mauncark: I have the money.
Vaughn Hammond: Interesting.. Hand them over. (Click into the Give box and type in 15000)
Vaughn Hammond: Impressive, kid. I'll file in a false ID for you and upload it to your NCU.
Once done, go straight to the ICC HQ Access Terminal, right click on it and say Yes. You'll then find yourself in ICC HQs, Andromeda.

The Story Way

Follow all the main quests to get your Identification Card, then go to Vaugh Hammond when you're ready to leave.

Overview
  • Step 1: Talk to Vaughn Hammond. Reward: 1040 credits; (up to) 2596 xp.
A low sigh comes from inside the Peackeeper's helmet.
Vaughn Hammond: Hello citizen, on behalf of the ICC, I welcome you to Rubi-Ka.
Please present your identification to proceed to the elevator.

Nanashai: Here's my identification.
Vaughn Hammond: Very well then, let's see it. (Hand over your Identification Card)
Vaughn Hammond: Everything...seems to be in order. I have uploaded your identity details to your NCU. You may leave Arete Landing whenever you are ready.
Nanashai: How do I leave?
Vaughn Hammond: Simply use the elevator.
Nanashai: What will I find in when I leave Arete Landing?
Vaughn Hammond: ICC HQ is a city. You will find everything from vendors to citizens there.
Head to the ICC HQ Access Terminal to the right of the large door. Right Click on it and you'll be prompted one more time to make sure you want to leave. Hit Yes when you are sure and ready.

You'll now find yourself in ICC HQ, Andromeda. New adventures await you!

Go this this post in the guide to learn about Andromeda.
{/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:13 pm

Okay! Below you will find the set of Side Quests I have documented with Spoilers. Some quests are linked in my main walkthrough (mainly with the credit chip part) so if you can link that in your walkthrough, that'd be great!

Sadly, I don't play AO anymore, so after you get this info up, feel free to allow others to update the info as they see fit.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:14 pm

1. The Credit Card - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Steal the credits. Reward: 15000 credits.
    OR
    Find the owner of the credit card. Reward: (up to) 2080 xp; Vacuum Packed Omni-Med Suit.
{spoiler}

While you are down in the Underground, take the straight path to the end, and look behind some barrels. You'll find what looks to be a lost Credit Card (3448, 889) there.

When you pick it up, you are given two quests. You have to make a choice.

1) Steal the credits. If you are looking to bypass Arete Landing and get right into ICC HQ, right click on the Credit Card in your Inventory, and say Yes at the pop up. You will be given 15k Credits. You can then go straight to Vaughn Hammond and bribe him to let you leave. Or of course, you can pocket the credits. Reward: 15000 credits.

OR

2) Find the owner of the Credit Card, Leonora Marty, pacing around in the Marketplace. Reward: (up to) 2080 xp; Vacuum Packed Omni-Med Suit.

Leonora Marty: How could I be so stupid...
Oh hello there, I'm having a really bad day... What do you want?

Angelterri: I am here to make your day brighter. I have found your credit card!
Leonora Marty: Really? Hand it over! (Hand over the Credit Card)
Leonora Marty: Thank you so much. I really hope that the vendor still have the t-shirt I wanted!
Angelterri: You are welcome.
Leonora Marty: Finally I can go shopping again!
She then gives you a Vacuum Packed Omni-Med Suit. {/spoiler}

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:15 pm

2. Personalized Basic Robot Brain - Walkthrough

Overview
  • Step 1: Buy a Screwdriver. Find Robot Junk (higher QL the better). Modify the Robot Junk with the Screwdriver.
    Step 2: Buy a Bio Analyzing Computer. Apply the Bio Analyzing Computer to the Basic Robot Brain.
    Step 3: Buy a MasterComm - Personalization Device. Apply the MasterComm - Personalization Device to the Basic Robot Brain.
    Step 4: Show the Personalized Basic Robot Brain to Alex Gibbs. Reward: Personalized Basic Robot Brain.
{spoiler}

If you want to learn a bit of basic Tradeskilling, here is where you can. Normally only Traders and Engineers have the right tools to master tradeskills. But this will show you how to do it as you'll need to know for a few of the future quests on Arete Landing.
Tradeskilling

Description: The only way to obtain certain items or devices is to assemble them. [Shift]+[T] (By default) opens up the trade-skill interface. Simply place the objects you wish to combine in the Source & Target windows. If the Resulting item is what you intended to build, use the Build button to complete the process.
Hot keys for tradeskilling items can be done within your inventory, pick up the Source item, and [Shift]+(Right-Click) onto the Target item.
Overview
  • Step 1: Buy a Screwdriver. Find Robot Junk (higher QL the better). Modify the Robot Junk with the Screwdriver.
    Step 2: Buy a Bio Analyzing Computer. Apply the Bio Analyzing Computer to the Basic Robot Brain.
    Step 3: Buy a MasterComm - Personalization Device. Apply the MasterComm - Personalization Device to the Basic Robot Brain.
    Step 4: Show the Personalized Basic Robot Brain to Alex Gibbs. Reward: Personalized Basic Robot Brain.
Alex Gibbs: Whats up?
Angelterri: Can you teach me how to tradeskill items?
Alex Gibbs: Sure, what do you want to learn?
Angelterri: Can you tell me how to make a Personalized Robot Brain?
Alex Gibbs: It is quite simple, really. All you need to find is some 'Robot Junk' the rest can be bought from my Junk Shop. You can loot 'Robot Junk' from robot remains. Just kill a robot and you might have a chance of salvaging its parts. The higher quality 'Robot Junk', the better 'Personalized Robot Brain' you will make. I will upload the recipe for making a 'Personalized Robot Brain' to your ncu.
We are going to make a Personalized Basic Robot Brain. There are a few steps to this, so let's start!

First, we need to get a Screwdriver and some Robot Junk. If you look behind Alex, you will see two machines/terminals. There are many like this which are used as shops. The left one is for Ammunition for weapons, while the one on the right is the Junk Shop.

Right Click on the Junk Shop, which will open up the Shop menu on the right side of your UI. Here, you can sell some of the items you have in your Inventory, by picking them up and putting them in the Sold Items boxes (you can keep clicking items on top of each other there as it will keep adding the credits up). For now, we want to buy (right click) on the Screwdriver (second row, far right).

Now for the Robot Junk, we'll need to kill robots in the area. The Junk comes in different Quality Levels, which will affect the Quality Level (or QL) of the item you make. So try to find a high level one (unsure how high the QL goes).

Now that we have both items, you will want to hit Shift+T to bring up your Tradeskill Kit window. Here, you need to add an item for a Source and one for the Target. So, for this combine, we want to put the Screwdriver (Source) and Robot Junk (Target). When you have it correct, you will see the icon of a Nano Sensor in Result. Click Build to make the Nano Sensor which will go in your Inventory.

Next, we need to buy a Bio Analyzing Computer from the Junk Shop (first slot). We need to combine the Bio Analyzing Computer (Source) and Nano Sensor (Target) to make a Basic Robot Brain.

After that, we need a MasterComm Personalization Device from the Junk Shop (second row, far left). We need to combine the MasterComm Personalization Device (Source) with the Basic Robot Brain (Target) to make a Personalized Basic Robot Brain.

Whew! All done. Now let's show this to Alex.
Alex Gibbs: I hope you were successful with building that little brain. In the time you were gone, I built a robot to assemble other robot brains. It has completed 3 so far. Sorry, I hope that didn't come off as sounding rude.
Anyway, did you have something to show me?

Nanashai: I built a Personalized Robot Brain!
Alex Gibbs: You don't say? Please show me. (Give the Personalized Basic Robot Brain)
Alex Gibbs: Looks pretty good, for an amateur. You should hold onto that trinket, it may come in handy.
To assemble more advanced creations, you may need to find a skilled specialist. Not everyone is a natural tinkerer, after all. Don't force it on yourself if it doesn't feel natural.

Alex grins.
Alex Gibbs: Anyway, that is all I have for the moment. Good luck, wherever you end up.
She will hand it back to you so you can wear it (you'll need Computer Literacy of 30 to do so). {/spoiler}