New start area

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

New start area

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:11 pm

oh boy .. I really like the new start area
brings back some old, not quite the same as back yards, but the ability to use vendors and get a real start feeling what it's like outside of the starting areas. Great tutorials, and love that they give you the recipes ,
a lot of access to crafting.

I did find one thing, a typo, unfortunately I cannot recall where, I was enjoying my time there and didn't take a moment to note it down.
leveling and earning currency was easy, and fast.
I had issues getting out of the kodiak , luckily there are good ppl in the newbie chat to help.

would like to know where to acquire all missions, some you just have to hunt down and find . . I have plenty of characters so I don't need to rush out, I can stay for a while and keep exploring.
it was cool to go into a alien ship again, been close to a decade since I last was in one.

though I may sound blah and boring, I really was excited running around in there, also I can't sleep at the moment, so kinda out of my environment

xaatxuun

Re: New start area

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:48 pm

just wanted to add,
it wasn't long after I made level 10, I paused my EXP, just banking it, I had forgotten that after lvl 10 you loose newbie chat, and I had turn my exp back on. I'm really feel lonely now, but I believe I have found all the missions now, not counting any with Clan or Omni.
didn't think I would had missed chat, never paid much attention to it, maybe missed 60% of what's asked or being discussed, it wasn't till I had it no more I realized how much I actual did read it.

just wish I could get another pack, would like to stay there a lil longer , I'm sure I had checked all vendors, but that is something I miss getting my hands on.
one thing I had not tried there is the PvP, but I really don't care for the PvP in AO, so for me that's not a bad thing.

I think I need to start another in there, see how much quicker I can run through, now knowing what's where :top:

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:14 am

is there way to delete or remove noDrop items ?

I still have more exploring in the new starter area, and I'm finding I'm picking up too many things in a rush and not thoroughly reading before picking up, and now my Pack and inventory is full of items I cannot get rid of, that or I don't remember how to get rid of no drop items

I still want to collect items to sell for more creds, without having to run back every time to a vendor after a few kills

one thing I learned, is if you were to just stay on the main missions to get out of starter area, you will be leaving with still access to the newbie channel, but if you did the side missions, and main missions, you're level 10,and after level 10 (11+) locked out of Newbie channel before or about the time you reach Vernon, or the Dr. . good thing I'm aware about the disabling EXP gains. Which I did on the second character I created just so I can keep exploring and still communicate outside of Vicinity

Even though I still have some more exploring to do, I have done enough exploring to see that, it is best to just do the main id card mission and leave, nothing much there after that
The side missions are worth doing but not that important, one will be able to acquire just as good items if not better after leaving starting area fairly quickly.
probably only side mission(s) I see worth doing and not skipping is the ones to get the 3 NCU memory, and the 3 slot belt.
I mean they're all worth doing, but I wouldn't skip those two, before going to main play area

I do miss having that thingy to convert monster parts to blood

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:14 am

Right click on an item and hold, you'll get a dropbox opening, delete item is on that...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Snakebite wrote:Right click on an item and hold, you'll get a dropbox opening, delete item is on that...
ahh thank you a ton . . yup that did the job for me, thank you thank you

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:19 am

I have a silly request, but really it's for real
I enjoy playing low level characters , maybe because the simplistically at those levels or not
I like to also play unorthodox characters

I need suggestions for a Atrox ~ profession- Doctor, Weapon-Martial Artist
I'll find some answers for starting one soon, and yes I know (recall really) that the MA has healing moves, but it's not what I'm going for here.
One thing I noticed in my short time in Arete, I have yet to find (or seen) the MA attacks you can purchase, anywhere in Arete, if I missed seeing them, and you know where, could you mention here, thanks

looking for topics or links that would be related, and I Apologize in advance for not placing any real effort then asking, Kinda anxious getting this started .. which is right after I click Submit :mrgreen:

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:49 am

I did find this https://forums.anarchy-online.com/showt ... rtial-Arts which was created 12 years ago, guess it's still good

also found the MA terminal in Arete's Landing, only bad thing, you cannot use the MA attacks till lvl 10, kinda pointless to even have it there, maybe they're just cheaper in Arete Landing. What I mean by pointless, is one is pretty much leaving at lvl 10.
by the looks of it, the MA attacks have always been that way.

I don't recall fist attacks were so weak, even Dimach did a whooping 3 points of Damage, it's totally useless now,
Brawling has been hitting at 5 points of damage since the git-go, I did get one hit of 6 damage. but it's just the same as normal attacks 3-5 damage
Been keeping MA and Physical Int maxed, and nothing gained.
is the road of MA outside of MA profession over or is this a possible bug ?

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:10 pm

yeah . . something is not right with the Doc MA way, I still have a Doc MA in ICC Shuttleport, and took him out for a ride, and doing 4 times the damage, basically normal
only difference between the 2 is race, and that shouldn't be causing that much of a difference.
too bad you don't get the same starter nano's you purchase. between the 2 locations,

I would had thought that Antonio in ICC Shuttleport would had the new crafting missions, but nope, nothing has changed

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun May 03, 2015 11:59 pm

Keep your Strength maxed for hand to hand attacks too...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon May 04, 2015 1:11 am

thanks . . yes I have been doing that . . when I logged the new doc in he was hitting normally .. seemed to been just a glitch to be stuck as a level one, even though he has advance in levels.
Out of Arete, and been running around in RK.

another question comes to mind, and through my searches I may have found my answer to the query. This more of a asking for confirmation my search
first a short Addendum to make it easier to understand
my Paid accounts I have left Paid accounts frozen, and been playing FROOB , I have a NT cannot recall the level, but do remember I was on the verge to soloing Hecks at the Beach (that was back in the days you actually got Ingots )
Since then I have tried a FROOB NT . . but it was tough, and wasn't really gaining like I had before. I thought I would try again with a new one. start fresh.
I think I found why a FROOB NT was having more issues with, they do not get a Cyber Deck like a player would that has the SL package (Other words a SLOOB account or full paid account)
Which sux , this means I have to actually spend points into something else, if I want a weapon, Only weapon I found that came close the the Cyber deck are Peeper Pistols, basically same except you need to add points into Pistol.

So was my search true .. Nano Tech. FROOB's if they want a weapon, they have to add points for a weapon ? there are no such Cyber deck for FROOB's ?

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon May 04, 2015 2:19 pm

I had posted the question at AO Froobs , but since it was my first post, I'm waiting for approval :cry:
so I didn't wait .. I happen to have a QL31 and 35 Fazekas Crystal I https://aoitems.com/item/161609/35/ so I dual logged my Trader and wrangled the 35 on. Kinda goes against what I wanted, but doubt I'll ever get higher QL, so figured the points sacrificed to use them at 100% is acceptable

only troubles I'm having with the NT .. is finding mobs to AoE Nuke , I'm spending more time searching then scoring EXP. The old guides for mobs and their locations are badly out dated,(at least all the one's I have found to read), but I had known this since AI went live, where all the mobs were mish-mashed together to make room for the Org cities, (that are now no longer in use), but still there.
It's not easy and a bit hard to AoE kite, and not hit the mobs that are red bar, and the added grey bars, just makes it worse

though I am doing better with this NT, then I have tried with FROOB NT's in the past, I do miss kiting in SL, much easier (if no one else is around) and Mobs are not mixed like they are in RK

Chopz

Post by Chopz » Mon May 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Bravo on the 'write-ups.' Enjoyed reading them. :top:
I also like the new starting area. I have all Froob characters possible there to try and check out everything.
Don't forget the 'King Leet' side mission. Easy and decent xp. Had a hard time with a few characters (toons) finding the "sword" for the Greedy Reet.
Have enjoyed the area immensely.
Thanks for the level 10 information- didn't notice because as Froobs all my toons are sided by that level. :mrgreen:

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue May 12, 2015 2:29 am

thanks,
yeah kinda need to correct something, the MA attack can be used, before lvl 10, the info on the card is misleading.

and I was more of writing of a reminiscence of my time there then an actual write up

kinda need to get back there still have a couple characters in there, I recently reactivated my SLOOB account, and running around with a new shade