57 - Alien Armor Process and List

Please use the Comment Feature on a guides page!
ungfreak

57 - Alien Armor Process and List

Post by ungfreak » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Discuss the Article 'Alien Armor Process and List' on this thread.To view this article, please click here.

ungfreak

Post by ungfreak » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:34 pm

I request tbat you guys changing the combinding codes at main bot and slave bots.

You guys have put the slave as first and main as second. that makes a big confusing when ppl are new and trying to build.

Supple, Enduring, Arithmetic ( Mains )
Strong, Observant, Spiritual ( Slaves )

please place the main bots first then the slaves.

Ex: Combined Commando's (Supple Armor + Strong Armor)

this will lead to less confusing. trust me :)

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Re: 57 - Alien Armor Process and List

Post by Llie » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:46 am

Okeedokee.

I don't see any hurt in reordering names. We've been trying to clean up all the backwards "pick up TS item #1 and click on TS item #2" places. Thanks.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Definitely a work in progress ;)

As Llie said, a lot of guides are written one way, and a lot the other way. Only so many have a real issue with things being backwards, so we're definitely working on the ones that cause issues being done backwards, before ones that are listed backwards to some but are still safe.

Any you find, please mention! The community is always our best tool for keeping information up to date :)

Encyros

Post by Encyros » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:20 am

Heya; at the very bottom the stats for CSS don't show the bonuses to the spying skills Perception, Concealment, B&E and Trap Disarm.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Hmm... the combined armor stats are all screwed up on my screen... The numbers and the skills don't even line up.

I'll look into that and the missing skills when I have some time. Thanks.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Yes, definately something wrong there...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:41 am

Ok. All fixed up.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Is everything there for Paramedics armor? Seems a little sparce...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Fri May 02, 2014 5:46 am

Nope. I double checked on AUNO equipment configurator:

Code: Select all

ACs
Projectile AC	6360
Melee AC	6680
Energy AC	6040
Chemical AC	6040
Radiation AC	6680
Cold AC	6360
Poison AC	5720
Fire AC	6680

Abilities
Body development	350
Nano pool	350
Max health	1400
Max nano	1400

Miscellanous
Nano cost modifier	-21
That's it.

Ran-san

Post by Ran-san » Mon May 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Yeah, something is VERY wrong on this page as to the order to make combined, and I can honestly say I'm not happy about it, as it just cost me about half a billion credits worth of purchasing that I'd made over the last 5 years on a toon I was twinking on the side.

Reading your guide says the following:

These are in 'source' + 'target' order to combine. Important: Target QL determines the final QL of armor, source needs to be at least 80% of the QL of the target (for QL 300 you need the other to be at least QL 240).

It then goes on to say:

Combined Officer's (Arithmetic Armor + Spiritual Armor )

Now, based on this I ASSUMED that that meant that I could make lower QL Arith Armor, and Spiritual in the exact QL I needed for the combined. I made the arith first, and had now bought up the materials for the combined. Low and behold I get the following in my TS that the Arith is the TARGET and not the source. I now have a near full suit of useless arith I need to make all over again. At least the Spiritual is salvageable.

You need to go over all these combines and make sure you know which is source and which is target for each set.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Tue May 06, 2014 1:21 am

Ok, well, I'm confused, and I don't have expansions or the credits to try out any of these recipes, so I made the change suggested by ungfreak. And you're saying that's backwards.

I'm looking at the recipes for alien armor on aotradeskills, and they list the order the way we used to have it.

What should I do start a poll?

Ran-san

Post by Ran-san » Tue May 06, 2014 3:55 am

The problem is that the change, I think was made to one section and not the descriptor. I THINK he thought they should be listed as (target+source) instead of (Source+target). However, (source+target) is how it's the tradeskill kits work, so we should continue using that.

What we need to check is that our list of what's the source and what's the target is correct.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Mon May 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Blah. Too confusing for me now. I'm just putting the source+target back the way it was before I made the original change and caused this whole debacle. At least I cleaned up the skills tables which were all messed up.

If someone can clearly and definitively tell me what to do, I'll do it, but I don't have any AI armor to experiment or an endless supply of credits to buy parts with which to make sure this guide is correct, I can't really verify which way things are supposed to be.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue May 13, 2014 1:02 am

Just about everyone that has guides posted, has some written one way, and some written the other. If it's done source+target, people ask to change it to target+source, and vice versa. Since most times it is a one way process, there are only a few guides that can be confusing on the subject.

If it makes it easier on people, we could just annotate ones that can go either way so that people have a heads up, no matter which way they prefer to see it read.