Is anyone still interested in ClickSaver?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

maquefel

Is anyone still interested in ClickSaver?

Post by maquefel » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:59 pm

I've managed to get it working in Windows 7 x64 by making small code fixes. Does anyone need the binaries?

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Is anyone still interested in ClickSaver?

Post by Silvana » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:24 pm

A lot of people still use it, and the latest fixes should still be working relatively well. Might want to check the official forum to see if any fixes have been released, or to post what you did if others are having issues :)

maquefel

Post by maquefel » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Silvana wrote:A lot of people still use it, and the latest fixes should still be working relatively well. Might want to check the official forum to see if any fixes have been released, or to post what you did if others are having issues :)
Which One is the latest then?

According the latest source code i got from
http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id ... n=download

It shouldn't work course CS is looking for exact "Anarchy Online" window name and the name is now "Anarchy Online - [character_name]".

Changed it to look for process name and then foreach all windows match the pid.

If it works fine for all others except me then nwm :P.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:24 pm

I'll have to check that download link. It might not have been updated. Several people on the official forum have been working on it on and off for a while and we try to keep only approved versions on the list so that people aren't getting viruses and key loggers and such.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I'll make sure to get the link updated. I know the version people are using is updated for the window name issue :)

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:58 am

The link still works. The there is a replacement dll and exe to make it work after the 18.5 patch which is provided by Darkbane on the official forums. I posted details on how to get ClickSaver working in the ClickSaver Guide.

I could put up a fixed package, but I can't take responsibility for maintaining the package, as various pieces are built by other people.

Therrito

Post by Therrito » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:12 am

<removed for guideline violation>
Last edited by Silvana on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Guideline Violation
Politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:29 am

Our version (minus the hook fix on the official forum) is actually the official version since the creator stopped supporting it :)

We make sure to keep a close eye so people aren't getting any versions with spyware/key loggers/malware/ads since people have inserted that in to it and released it as "official" in the past. That's why we suggest people only get it from here (again, aside from the hook fix, which we don't at the moment have someone to compile it with that included).

The version at your link isn't supported by anyone and has had some issues. We just try to watch out for people :)

maquefel

Post by maquefel » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:28 am

Anyway reanimating and rewriting CS is some kind of postmortem job.

Not much interested people.

Actually MissBuddy is working also, but i found it out only after spending an hour fixing CS code :cry: .

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:36 am

MishBunny has been notorious for antivirus false-positive issues and comes up as being a virus (just one file in it).

If you're willing enough to try it out, please remember AOU won't be able to help with any issues you may run across. Also keep in mind, you have to pay for the "plus" version of it.

chaosz911

Post by chaosz911 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:46 pm

I recently returned to AO and use CS a lot. So definately interested.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Welcome back :)

Enepttastic

Post by Enepttastic » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:43 am

As a returning froob, I'm interested in Clicksaver due to a distaste of how MishBuddy's done(too many poor design choices IMO) but sadly, the XP(Yeah, I still use XP) fix doesn't seem to work fully for me. Essentially I get the same issue that's mentioned in this post(http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showpo ... ostcount=6).

The following situations is, again, on a PC running XP using the CS base files hosted here along with the patched(for XP) .dll and .exe DL that the guide and DL both link to. I've tried having it installed in its own folder in Funcom/AnarchyOnline/Clicksaver as well as Funcom/Clicksaver:

Route 1:
Start Clicksaver
Database created fine
Start AO(Windowed, with and without borders)
Enter login credentials
Sticks at "Please Wait" and unable to log in.
Have to end AO via task manager to close, otherwise it freezes if I attempt to close the client normally.

Route 2:
Start AO
Login
Start Clicksaver
Request mission via Clicksaver
CS requests missions once and then sticks with the "Buying Agent is running" window regardless of if a match is found or not. Additionally, it does not bring in mission info within CS.

CS has no issues moving sliders but since it's also able to request the first mission set, that's not a surprise.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:24 am

There are actually different files depending on the OS. You might have grabbed the Vista and later OS files by mistake instead of the XP files.

This post has the information on the Windows XP version of the patch files.

It would be best to delete what you have and start over just to make sure the correct OS files are in there, in case you did overwrite them previously with the Vista and later patch files ;)

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:32 am

Silvana wrote:This post has the information on the Windows XP version of the patch files.
That's a nice picture but not the article you actually mentioned to post :D

Enepttastic

Post by Enepttastic » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:45 am

Newp, I grabbed the XP ones(via this link: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showpo ... tcount=127), redownloaded each time I changed directories. Can also say just for pure troubleshooting purposes, I actually tried the Vista/7/8 ones(via this link: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showpo ... stcount=76), didn't hamper my ability to log in but failed to interact at all.