The Server Status thing must be off.

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
OlderGuy

The Server Status thing must be off.

Post by OlderGuy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:51 am

Hi All, just wondering if anyone can help/give info please...

When i go to the "Log-in" screen type in user name and p/word .. I get a yellow bar underneath which shows its loading BUT it is only creeping along very slowly from left to right, THEN it switches back to the Sign-in part again... The game just Freezes and i have to do Ctr-Alt-Del to get to Task manager - where it says AO is not responding. (Have these problems been since latest patch)?

I have uninstalled the game twice now, then rebooted Pc, went to official AO site for the DL client.. Have tried both ways of doing it ; With the new patch and then without the patch but game is still "Hanging" on me at the Sign in screen. As suggested i have checked all drivers to be up to date on my oldish pc. The strange thing is for the last year since i started playing AO it all has been running marvellous!
I see that servers will be down today for maintenance -- fingers crossed it somehow fixes this problem. Thanks ( Also have sent Email on Ao page to support)

Terry

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: The Server Status thing must be off.

Post by Silvana » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:04 pm

I moved this to it's own thread as the one you replied to was about the game server status showing incorrectly.

It's also a 7 year old thread ;)

OlderGuy

Post by OlderGuy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:51 pm

This Game... Honestly... Slaps Head!! Today - it loaded :oops:
After 5 days of trying to get it to go... Bish Bosh... No Bother... tut
Thanks mod - i did try to look through to see where to post, this was nearest sort of thing i could see -- re the servers Etc.

Cheers :top:

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Glad you got it fixed :)

AO can definitely have tantrums with certain hardware.