Returning player.

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xpgsarajayne

Returning player.

Post by xpgsarajayne » Sun May 12, 2013 12:36 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm looking into starting playing AO once again and was just looking for some basic information on a few things like if anything has changed since I last played.

First of all I'm a level 208MP, Playing on RK1 And If I remember I should be set up with full expansions and have all my armor and a few beast armor items.

So to the questions.

No 1, Did the server merge ever take place I know there was talks of merging rk1,2, together with the German servers also.

No 2, Did the character re-balance happen? If not revert to 3.

No 3, Are there any plans on implementing it any time soon?

No 4, Are there any other changes I should be aware of IE to the player base and the new starter area and new ICC if that got released.

Thank you for reading my questions and answering them if you have the time too.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Re: Returning player.

Post by Snakebite » Sun May 12, 2013 1:54 pm

1/ Yes.
2/ No.
3/ Who can tell...
4/ Not a great deal, if you've got Xan then you're pretty much up to date, there's a few things like collector and daily missions and suchlike. Your biggest job will be bringing your characters back up to speed.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun May 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Also, outdoor cities have been removed. Now they are instanced via ICC.

This means not being able to quickly return to civilization through the "bar whompas" if you're out in the middle of nowhere.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Sun May 12, 2013 3:57 pm

I just got stuck last night trying to get back to civilization from Greater Omni-Forest. I was on my way to try to trim a few minutes off the flight when I realized I didn't have enough Comp Lit to use the grid terminal at 4 Holes. It took forever to fly back to Old Athen. For level 208, you should be ok. You'll just have to learn all the tricks as to where the nearest grid terminal or whompa is from some of the out-of-the way places. If you have Veteran points, you can buy recall beacons.

Other changes to look out for as a MP: Rihwen is now YESDROP (as of last week). So in rather than trying to put together a BioDome raid, you optionally can try to find one on GMI and pay vast amounts of credits for your final MP pet.

I can't think of anything else (game changing things) off hand that has changed for the MP profession.

xpgsarajayne

Post by xpgsarajayne » Mon May 13, 2013 12:22 am

Thank you for replying to my questions hopefully I can return to in game soon :D

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 am

You can always go the froob route. A lot of people that return like to do that first so they can become used to things in the game again before diving in to trying to remember how their toons work ;)

Darkcloude

Post by Darkcloude » Tue May 14, 2013 4:48 pm

some very important changes have been made since u left for one
the server merge
12 character slots to those who paid for there accounts before the 2nd of may
only 10 character slots to those who pay after
minor patches weremade to dailys and some texture changes to mobs but othe than that not to much