More Newb Questions

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Linkee

More Newb Questions

Post by Linkee » Fri May 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Is there a website or help index somewhere that I can find the game commands? I remember there used to be a number of /command type aides that you would type into chat and it would give you teaming levels etc...I vaguely remember a few, but not many. Ones that I specifically would be interested in are the teaming and level of missions I can pull.

Also, I know I asked the question in a different thread, but the city plots look to have the ability to be purchased at the CC. I know cities are now instanced, but why are the plots still there and seemingly still able for purchase?

Sorry for such lame questions, but have been away for a long time and trying to re-learn the game.

Thanks!

Linkee

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Re: More Newb Questions

Post by Llie » Fri May 10, 2013 3:49 pm

Linkee wrote:Is there a website or help index somewhere that I can find the game commands? I remember there used to be a number of /command type aides that you would type into chat and it would give you teaming levels etc...I vaguely remember a few, but not many. Ones that I specifically would be interested in are the teaming and level of missions I can pull.
I think you're thinking of stuff that "HelpBot" or any other in-game chat-bot would answer you. If you are in an organization with a chat-bot you can do "!help" to ask the bot what command it has, otherwise you can /tell helpbot !help to see what commands are available. (We have a basic HelpBot guide here). The command you're thinking of is !level, which you use like this: /tell helpbot !level <insert your level here>
Linkee wrote:Also, I know I asked the question in a different thread, but the city plots look to have the ability to be purchased at the CC. I know cities are now instanced, but why are the plots still there and seemingly still able for purchase?
FC just hasn't removed them yet. All we know is that they "have big plans for the previous city plots".
Linkee wrote:Sorry for such lame questions, but have been away for a long time and trying to re-learn the game.

Thanks!

Linkee
Not at all. Welcome back.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat May 11, 2013 11:53 am

There are these:
/born
/played
/list
/list addproffhere (ie engi, soldier, doc, etc)
/follow
and so on, all these can be found in the left hand button list, all the others you're thinking about are done thru an org bot (or helpbot) and usually use ! as the prefix:
!help
!online
!level addlevelhere
!mission addmissionlevelhere
!whois addplayernamehere
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Linkee

Post by Linkee » Sat May 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Thanks for the input and help. That was exactly what I was looking for. I had forgotten about helpbot as well.