Can't get AOU Mod to work

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
Avitis

Can't get AOU Mod to work

Post by Avitis » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi all, I've recently returned to AO after a 4 year break, and in the process of reinstalling AO, AOU Mod, and the AoRK/AoSL maps, I have not been able to get AOU Mod working. I use Windows 8, so installing Anarchy Online causes it to put the GUI and Script files not in the normal AO folder. I managed to find where the were, and placed the mod files there, and while it says it changed the GUI and that I need to restart AO for it to take effect, I only get some of the GUI changes. Namely, only the bottom left dock buttons. Nothing else changes.

I also get the following messages in chat when I do the /script aou_gui_default command from the readme file:

Changed variable <GUIName> from <AOU_CYT> to <AOU_CYT>
Can't find option <GUISkin>.

What have I done wrong to cause that?

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Can't get AOU Mod to work

Post by Silvana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Check this post. I haven't had a chance to update the download page with some things that have been going on lately, but this page has links for a version that works with the new patch.

http://www.ao-universe.com/forum/viewto ... 491#p28226

Also keep in mind that the location for some AO files has changed with that patch to be in the /users/<name>/appdata/local/funcom/Anarchy Online/ folder. The names of folders from that point are dependent on your system as is the <name> part.

Hope it helps!

Avitis

Re: Can't get AOU Mod to work

Post by Avitis » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Thanks, that version of the mod worked. And yeah, I only found those new folders when it didn't work at all the first time, and went back to the launcher, and found them through the GUI tabs.