TOTW question

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Izamal

TOTW question

Post by Izamal » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:41 am

Apologies if this has been answered already but I sort of searched the forums but didn't see any posts since the sever merge that was related.

The question is how does Omni get back to a safe city/town from TOTW? Back when I used to play I would just run a bit west to a org city and port to Newland City but those org cities are gone now. I logged on my agent that was still parked at TOTW and I ended up running all the way to the whompas in Varmit Woods. The grid terminal outside of Tir always has a Clan guard there so that's not an option.

I suppose Clan has the same problem with SOM. Is there something I'm not aware of?

Thanks.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: TOTW question

Post by Silvana » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:07 am

Before there were other ways like the cities, people tended to let the higher level mobs in the area kill them, or they'd just /terminate.

You can also fly in to Tir and use the grid or whompah inside. As long as you fly up fast enough, the guards aren't a problem. The whompah tends to be better since you can use it even if you have aggro. You can also take a little bit longer and go west right to Newland.

A lot of traveling is going to require new ways (actually, old ways) of thinking. Traveling around wasn't anywhere near as easy before outdoor cities ;)

Izamal

Post by Izamal » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:39 am

I was afraid of that. Unfortunatly some of my chars don't have yalms yet so I guess it's running for them.

Thanks for the reply.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:47 am

The recall beacons are also great if you have a sub and save up for them from the veteran shop. Aztur also drops instant grid items, since you're in there already. Locks your comp lit for 4 hours though.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Silvana wrote:The recall beacons are also great if you have a sub and save up for them from the veteran shop. Aztur also drops instant grid items, since you're in there already. Locks your comp lit for 4 hours though.
I think you're thinking of Hezak in Inner Sanctum. He drops Constrained Gridspace Waveform.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:22 am

That's what it is.. I knew it had something to do with that area. Haven't been in there in years. Thanks :)

I know I have a stack of 4 of them and have never used them but always carry them because I know some day they'll come in handy.