27 - Shoulderpads Quests

Please use the Comment Feature on a guides page!
Vodis

Sided Shoulderpads Quest

Post by Vodis » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 am

The droprate of the 8 parts (nanotubes, etc.) has been significantly increased, at least at the junkyard outside Rome. I expected to put in the usual hours of hunting, but found all pieces within ten minutes. They dropped equally from Waste Collectors and Mech Dogs, contrary to how it was before. Had to ignore countless duplicates. This is good news for the first part of the Fixer Grid quest as well. :)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Sided Shoulderpads Quest

Post by Silvana » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:22 am

Hard to say for sure. You might just have amazing luck ;)

We'll look around for some verification just in case. Thanks for bringing it up though, we like to go through guides and update information if needed. We usually have to wait for someone to post here to give a heads up, since it's a bit hard to continually verify all 550 guides. :top:

You can also use the link at the bottom of each guide to be taken to its individual thread. Makes it a bit easier to keep track on the exact guide since it has the guide number in the thread title.

Thank you again!

Vodis

Post by Vodis » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Ah, I tried the link at the bottom of the guide but I had to register and it bumped me into the main forums afterword. Good to know for the future!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Registering is for your own good.. I promise lol

Keeps the spam bots out, and therefor things are easier to find :)

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Yes, the drop rate has been significantly increased, but 10 minutes must be some kind of new record.

The first time I did the quest on my first character took 3 months, off and on, to complete my first set. Second set was faster when I discovered the Rome junkyard.

Lately, I have been helping org mates get parts, but it still takes me about an hour or two due to lots and lots of items that we already have -- even with my pick up two sets trick.

Consider yourself extremely lucky at a full set in 10 minutes.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Yeah, I think the last time I did it, it was almost 3 years ago and I got so frustrated I've never gone back. I don't know if guys have dealt with it, but grievers LOVE to run around killing everything, then deleting the loot you've shouted that you were looking for.

I guess I just don't find them worth all the aggravation in the first and third steps. I always skip them on nano profs and go for VTEs as soon as I can.

Chopz

Post by Chopz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 am

Trashking Lackey

About 50 "meters" south of TK inside the city. Been same place a few times. :top:

Chopz

Post by Chopz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:30 am

A little 'update'
Last 2 times the Lackey was within reach of TK
Apparently he moves around a little

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:28 am

All of the lackeys wander quite a bit. Sometimes farther then you'd think to look. Their spawn location is always the best place to start and then sweep outward in circles :)

Chopz

Post by Chopz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:47 pm

Don't know if this was different at some time in the past, the "level" for the pads is 30
1/30/13

Tried to get a pad on a lvl 10 :roll:

As said before in feedback, the Rome junkyard seems the best place for drops. Gathering of parts will take some time.

BTW, the depressions on the south end of the Rome junkyard are time wasters as drops seem to disappear into geography (ground.) :mrgreen:

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

27 - Shoulderpads Quests

Post by Silvana » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Discuss the Article 'Shoulderpads Quests' on this thread.To view this article, please click here.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Yes, the corpses disappearing in to the geometry has always been a big problem in most of that area.

(merged this with the feedback thread for the guide)

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Re: 27 - Shoulderpads Quests

Post by Llie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Regarding Trash King Lackey's wandering ways:

Trash King and Trash King Lackey are the only two robot bosses that do not wander around. Having said that, both TK and TKL will sympathetically aggro a lower level character if they see you attacking the nearby junkbots, which is the likely cause for TK or TKL to be pulled out of his normal location. South into the AI player city is the most logical place to look, as that is where lower level characters will likely retreat to to escape (bar whompas). Barring that, Trash King is always parked in front of the circular platform. The circular platform is near the middle of the ruins, and TK is just in front of the platform to the South. TKL should be standing just to TK's right when facing TK.

Regarding corpses:

The corpses of the waste collectors are the main problem. When mechdogs fall into the ground, usually you can see their feet poking out of the ground. Sometimes, you can still click on the corpse of a waste collector if you search the area where it fell using your mouse. When the corpse falls, it will cast a shadow on the ground, but when it falls underground, the shadow get's cast upward to the surface. Hover your cursor around the shadow and sometimes you can find the spot where the cursor turns into the "gear" cursor so you can open the corpse.

To avoid waste collectors from falling into hillsides, remember this tip: waste collectors always fall forward when they die, but "forward" is not necessarily equivalent to "towards you". Most players can often one-shot-kill these, but try to avoid doing that, because if they will fall whichever way they were facing when you killed them. Try to aggro them and stand downhill from the waste collector before you kill it. The waste collector must be facing you (it's face is that little round "eye"). When they die, they will fall forward and end up floating above the ground rather than falling into the ground. On my NT, I've taken to using my smallest AoE nuke to aggro as many waste collectors as possible, then I run around until I'm standing at the bottom of the valley or in a flat spot and then casting my biggest AoE nuke to kill everything. Greatly reduces the frustration.

Finally, regarding getting shoulderpads for a level 10 character:

Is this for social slot on a twink? The minimum level requirements for the first shoulderpad is level 30.

Edit: Clarified the "falling forward" bit.
Last edited by Llie on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Sorry, when I said lackeys, I meant all of them not just the one actually named lackey since mission text refers to them that way :)

geeza

Post by geeza » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:17 pm

The parts for the first quest drop in the new starting area from all kinds of robots.