181 - Shere Garden Key Quest

Please use the Comment Feature on a guides page!
AOU-Bot
Sir Bot

181 - Shere Garden Key Quest

Post by AOU-Bot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:57 am

Discuss the Article 'Shere Garden Key Quest' on this thread.To view this article, please click here.
AOU-Bot

RichardFry

Re: 181 - Shere Garden Key Quest

Post by RichardFry » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:38 am

Your guides really should get with the times and use a wiki. I wasted more than an hour of work (and all of my patience) farming garden keys only to have the very last NPC "Ardent Pi Shere" throw the sealed letter on the ground. And because I didn't read the walls of ingame quest text (who honestly reads those in 2020?) I was forced to start the entire quest over (including re-farming all the keys I lost).

Nowhere in the supposedly helpful guide in this acclaimed website does it mention that you need to pick up the item from the ground. It simply says to return to Nero once the quest is updated. The quest was updated, I left, and instead of getting to the next part of the quest, the prophet gave me a brand new letter and I had to start over. Apparently the item was on the ground and it decayed.

I'm amazed that this thread was empty in the last 8 years it's been up. Maybe it makes sense since this is the kind of "gotcha" that makes people run for the unsubscribe button.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Re: 181 - Shere Garden Key Quest

Post by Snakebite » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:09 pm

I suspect that no one else has had a problem because they've read the NPC text...

We could add a warning to read the NPC text when talking to this particular NPC.

As for the wiki thing:
We don't use wiki because this is a player run fansite. Where members have spent probably thousands of hours gaining knowlage and reproducing it in a tried and tested format.
Our intention has never been to give you a step by step walkthrough of your every movement in the game, they are called 'guides' for a reason..!

In fact, this issue of walkthroughs has come up before, and is something that the majority of players, ourselves and Funcom do not want.

Do your quests, use our guides to 'help' you, and enjoy the game...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!