Novictum Ring Guide

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Mallah

Novictum Ring Guide

Post by Mallah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:56 am

Novictum Ring Guide

Introduction
Here is a small guide to show you the fastest way to the boss button to get that shiney novictum ring you have always wanted! I know it can be a pain, killing everything in your path just to be misleaded to a dead end. So i thought i'd post this guide to speed things up a bit. However be careful because once you have clicked on the boss button there will be a level 215 mob that doesnt look very happy to see you. However if you manage to kick his ugly bottom, he may happily reward you with a novictum ring, it may not be the right one for your proffesion that you can wear, but it will most definitely be made useful as a permanent pass to the final frontier; Pandemonium! That is if you have taken the right steps to obtain your Hold Hell at Bay ring and aquired 30,000 guardian faction (by killing inferno hecks usualy).

This specific dungeon is located slightly North West from Omni statue: Yutto Marshes.

Be warned, that i recommend you grab a team for making your way there, and through the dungeon. As who knows what you may encounter along the way! But that's all part of the fun.

(Spoiler: you will encounter spirit mobs and possibly bosses from the garden -> dungeon enterance, and level 190ish mobs within the dungeon including the dreaded; vortex mob)

Key!
Green blob = Floor starting point
Red blob = Lift
White line = Route

Please note that this guide was made quite speedily and therefore, the white line may be slightly innacurate.

Best of luck with obtaining your novictum ring, here is the map i have created...

Best of luck! Mallah
Thankyou to everyone at ALoHA (Ancient Lights of Holy Anarchy) and AOUniverse for taking the time to provide constuctive criticism!
Last edited by Mallah on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:08 am

Score for a good guide! :D
Tazerman 200/00

Mallah

Post by Mallah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:45 am

Appreicate the feedback =) suprised no1 has done this before! took me like.. 20 mins? lol!

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:09 am

Mallah wrote:Appreicate the feedback =) suprised no1 has done this before! took me like.. 20 mins? lol!

lol :lol:
Tazerman 200/00

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:44 am

Changed a couple of small things, I'm sure one of our code leets can convert this quickly and relatively painlessly into a working guide.

Things to Note:

1/ Even if you don't get the specific ring for your Proffession, you CAN still use any Proffessions ring to actually enter Pandemonium, you just can't wear any ring but yours.

2/ Would be good to have a map screenshot of where the dungeon is, and not that its entrance is surrounded by mobs (I forget which type), so lower level characters getting in have to run the gauntlet...

Thanks for the time and effort, I'm also supprised there isn't a guide for this already.
We'll make sure your name goes down on the guide once it's been done.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:57 am

Snake....you been on the forums much? Lol
Tazerman 200/00

Mallah

Post by Mallah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:06 am

taken your thoughts into account Snake, and eddited the guide accordingly, might wnt to run one last spellcheck through it though! just a shame this guide is .. what.. 10 years too late? and do i get to meet the code leets?! Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:07 pm

We thank you very much for the info! We aren't a large team, so it can seem like we don't cover everything. That's why we also depend on players to point things out to us :) We couldn't do what we do without the players!

Mallah

Post by Mallah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Well I'm glad you appreciate my efforts! Never wanted to do all that mindles running around again so couldn't help but map the place! Anyway enough small talk! Give me code leet!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Tazerman wrote:Posts: 2875

I've been here since the day after the AOU site went up, and Forums Mod all that time lol.

Mallah, question: Which big map are you using and what version? I don't recognise it.

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Snakebite wrote:
Tazerman wrote:Posts: 2875
I've been here since the day after the AOU site went up, and Forums Mod all that time lol./quote]

oh lol lucky you :)
Tazerman 200/00

Mallah

Post by Mallah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:01 pm

i think its either aosl, or spheremap, either way its really good and comes with annotated maps for catacombes, dark ruins, other instances and dungeons etc. cant remember which one it is however XD

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:34 am

Mallah wrote:i think its either aosl, or spheremap, either way its really good and comes with annotated maps for catacombes, dark ruins, other instances and dungeons etc. cant remember which one it is however XD
Hit P to open the map, hit the 'i' in the corner and chose 'select map' the version will be in there.
I'm just wondering because I think you're using an old version that's all...

Mallah

Post by Mallah » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:44 am

Just to confirm i am definitely using a old version of AoSL, v0.8. been playing for too many years, so yeah its definitely old =)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Definitely pick up a newer map add on then!

We work with Onack who does amazing ones :) He does the atlas ones you can find here http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... ction=maps