What is enough? fr00b Tradeskilling. Need advice!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xyz123abc

What is enough? fr00b Tradeskilling. Need advice!

Post by xyz123abc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:47 am

Hello, everyone!

I am decided to make a character that is enough for all tradeskills that froobs can take part into. The choice was an engineer

I think it was a good choice, except for one thing. I went omni. Only neutrals can use the single most useful froob tradeskilling item: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223466. the Profiter's Helper.

The question is simple: Is this item required for fulfilling froob tradeskill needs endgame? Another question jumps now: What is the highest requirement for a froob tradeskiller?

I am seriously thinking about rerolling my character as neutral. Unfortunately, I cant switch to neutral, so I will have to reroll it...

The second question is: Do you think I should reroll to fulfill all froob tradeskills?

Only you can help me :!: Thanks :!:

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:17 am

You've probably missed catching these items http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=search&na ... -Funneling, the focus-funneling devices are created using items found in the shadowlands, but the finished products do NOT have SL tags...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 am

For the very end game - five gem aruls, ql 300 AI armour etc - I'm not sure if froobs can pull it off. But they also aren't very common requests to do. My froob lvl 100 omni engi could handle most moderate level things that didn't require psychology. And IP frees up a lot in the later levels. So you can certainly make do without the HI neck board.
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:49 pm

I was about to mention the 3 focus-funneling devices, but Snakebite beat me to it. Note that the base for those 3 items is obtained from the boss from the Crypt of Home dungeon.

As for tradeskilling, I have a froob engy tradeskiller, and was only able to provide the most basic tradeskilling to my org mates until I reached TL6. I also have a froob trader that can cast Maestro nanos on my engy and perform psychology based tradeskilling.

As a rule of thumb: in general you need about 5x tradeskills for the QL item you want to build. You may end up with a setup where you have to swap implants to for tradeskilling versus regular leveling. (I had to rely on MP nano skill buffs and trader wrangles to summon pets to level.) I get asked most regularly for Carbonum armor (requires chemistry), Nano Crystals from Instruction Discs (requires ME, EE, QFT, Comp Lit), and Implants (requires Nano Prog). I think I can build VTE's now, but haven't tried.

On occasion I've helped with parts of AI Tank armor building, making other armors (Crawler, Living Dragonflesh, CAS, Junkmetal, etc...), and a few other things, but froobs will likely never manage to build high end items like Spirit Infused Yuttos Modified NCU, which requres over 1500 ME and a tradeskilling item only obtainable from SL.

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:49 pm

I see... An omni nano engineer is enough for froob processes.

Those that have higher requirements were introduced with expansions, and they are not supposed to be processed by froobs. Right?

I probably should not reroll my character for the time being! I am happy, because rerolling first characters is hard.

Thanks for your help!

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:34 pm

For the early levels, pick one or two useful tradeskill processes and stick with them. Don't try to make everything. Carb is probably a good one since it's helpful for making your own armour and you can sell it fairly well too. If you're building your own engi pistol then you'll end up somewhat down the weaponsmithing path (which means you'll be able to build perens that are 10-15 ql below your level as a rough rule of thumb; you can certainly go higher). Nanocrystals I wouldn't recommend to begin with since they require so many skills. Implants is another good one because you'll always need them.

So you probably want implants and carb/engi pistol as your focus. Put IP in only as you need it. Trying to make a new imp and 3 points short? Add them. The other advantage of going implants is you can make your own TS implants if you don't mind swapping stuff which really helps.

By keeping your focus narrow until you hit higher levels you don't spread yourself too thin and not have enough IP to level, or end up being able to make anything but only if it's < ql 20.
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.