Lost Apartment

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

Lost Apartment

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Is there a way to find where you selected your Apartment ?
without having to do a Petition . . like doing a /wherethehellismyapartment

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Well.. is it a backyard apartment, a Jobe apartment, or a Sunrise Station apartment? Backyard apartments you should be able to go in to any backyard area (of your faction) and go through the door to reach your apartment. If it is in jobe, you just have 3 doors to try, one on each level of Jobe. Sunrise Station apartments only have one entrance.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:57 am

it's a Back yard apartment and I did try that, Someone in Game told me any apartment, same thing you wrote, and it didn't work. I tested on a Character where I actually knew where my apartment was at. I then went to the next backyard and tried to enter, and nothing happened.
My neutral characters there is one of 3 backyards I go to. If they were created to be a Mule chances they are in BY4 in Bor, since it's next to the Jobe Whompa.

I'll try it again, any apartment, maybe what does matter is the city, but like I said when I tested it with one it was same city and just the next backyard over.

I do have an old Omni character That I do not remember where his apartment is at, So this question was for him. :)

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:32 am

Do you have your apartment key in your inventory? You can't enter without it. If you do, and you're Omni, you get the joy of trying all 20 backyards one after the other until you find it. :lol:
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Nope, you gotta find the specific door you chose in the first place.
You DO have to have your key in your inventory, NOT in a backpack or bank.

/petition won't do you any good, all they can do is walk you thru abandoning your appartment so you can get a new one (and if you've got anything in your appartment, tough).

You're just gonna have to rummage around and see if you can find it unfortunately...

P.S. I believe there's more than one door on each jobe level...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:55 am

oh man, how come I'm getting this image of a drunk trying to open the wrong apartment door, in a town they don't live in :shock:

Yeah I know about the key being in the inventory, many a times I have forgotten to take it out and place in the inventory just to have a flatter nose :roll:

Okay thx, It's just the Omni (only have the one) character I was curious where his apartment was at, he may have a plant, a refer and a painting or 2, if he has anything, or he could have more. My Neutral characters I have a good idea where to look, the One Omni, I don't even remember if it was in Rome or not :oops:

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:14 am

Can Omni have apartments anywhere else but Rome?

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:24 am

I can't even remember the last time I had an Omni character that started outside of Rome after the ICC island. Before that I remember always coming out of the backyard in to the sewer area of Omni Ent and having no idea whatsoever where I was, or where I was supposed to go. Then coming out in Trade from one of 20 doors. At least they realized the original idea of coming out in a sewer was bad.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Krishina wrote:Can Omni have apartments anywhere else but Rome?
Yes, I believe all the major Omni cities have appartment blocks.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:00 pm

I've just been cruising around playing tourist in Omni-Ent and yeah, it has lots. Unsurprisingly none in Omni-HQ though. There is also an unopened coffee shop. :(

Scoopx
AOU Reporter

Post by Scoopx » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Trade has 20 backyard areas, each with 4 apartment doors. So that makes a lot of apartments available. I like Highrise 6 in the NE corner of Trade. There is an Advanced Shop right outside the Highrise exit and south down the east was not far away is a Superior Shop and another Advanced. I keep my main and all my alts (14 and counting) in this Highrise. It makes it centrally located for me.

Reasons why I choose Omni-1 Trade:
1. Grid entrance/exit is in the same zone
2. 8 basic shops
3. 3 Advanced shops
4. 2 Superior shops
5. 2 Trader Luxury shops
6. 2 Vehicle (Yalm) shops
7. Whom-pahs centrally located
8. GMS centrally located
9. Western exit leads to a ferry that takes you to Harrys

and so much more......
And now You know!

Roger "Scoopx" Johnson
Cub-Reporter for Rubi-Ka Times
Neutral Division
[img]http://www.scene-and-heard.com/ao/sigs/sig_scoopx.jpg[/img]

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:34 am

HIghrise, I remember being high with the OMni . .. are the Highrises just in Trade ?

I usually pick locations that have a short distance to something or somewhere I'll go all the time, like on RK2, My froobs were in Backyard 4, they were mules, and BY4 is next to the Jobe Whompa.

On the paid account I believe I only used Jobe apartments

But if I ever get back to that Omni character (only active froob and Omni on RK2) I'll start my search in Trade. I remember it was close to something, but what that something was I do not remember, a Whompa probably

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:04 am

My main is in Rome Blue 10, just around the corner from the Advanced shop. RBA is the default meeting place for friends and org mates trading and buffing, and I always roll missions from the terminal closest to the southern Rome Red exit, so it's a convenient location for me.

I think the best way to do an apartment is to see where that character spends most of their time and pick somewhere near there. For the basic ones at least.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:26 pm

decided to find that apartment, the Omni one.
I found it
I started in Trade, and .. nothing was happening . .also I wasn't getting the feeling this was where it was at, so thought best chance would be back in Rome, Started in Rome Blue . . nothing :( , Then Rome Green . . .Thought this was going to be nothing too, but second to the Very last Door to check .. I heard that Swooosh sound . . :shock: I found it.

just one Door away of checking every single door. I knew it was going to be the last one I look, but not literally :lol: the last door possible, luckily, it was second to last possible door , So I didn't have to check every apartment door

Highrise 4 Rome Green.
I was so tired by then I really didn't see why I choose that location or if it was just a random selection.
well I emptied my Pack of 10 year celebration items in the apartment, oh and there was nothing in it :oops: so it wasn't that character that had a furnished Apartment, might been one on the Locked Paid account.
and then I logged off, and went back to my regular playing character

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Just be careful, the original apartments are notorious for having items go poof. You're really better off keeping anything important in a bank.