One week, 13 levels in and I'm getting kind of bored

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

spacehobbit#2

One week, 13 levels in and I'm getting kind of bored

Post by spacehobbit#2 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:40 am

Now I'm not complaining or trying to bash the game in any way as it was free and free is good. I've been playing for about a week, and most of the time has been spent grinding and collecting loot and exploring some mostly in the Subway. While this has been fun, I'm beginning to lose interest and considering to just stop playing. I would like to continue to play, because I like MMOs, if there is something other than grinding. So I guess I'm asking for you to convince me to continue playing. I just need to know if there is more to the game then just an endless grindfest.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 am

There is so much to explore and do and enjoy. As long as your interest isn't just from going level 1 to level 220/30/70 in as short of a time frame as possible!! Did you do the starter quests before heading into the Subway?

Perhaps you can give us an idea of your interests and we can give you some pointers (mainly to the Classic AO Knowledge Section on the left of this page where you can find places to do quests, social things to explore and points of interest to name a few :) )

Vickie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Vickie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:17 am

best, and most fun way to get into the game is getting an organisation. friends is all in an MNO. if you are a clan or neutral in RK 1 (atlantean server) feel free to send me a tell and i can take you on a small guided safari :)

my ingame nick is Ladypz
Sworn to Avenge. Condemn to hell. Tempt not the blade, All fear the Sentinels.

Vickie "Ladypz" Creehan President of Forsaken

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Mon May 16, 2011 11:23 pm

just tell tazerman ingame i got sub twink
Tazerman 200/00

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed May 18, 2011 12:53 am

Yeah, I agree with Vickie, she's right about joining an Organisation, you just have to chose one that's friendly and most of all ACTIVE! Preferably one that has it's own player city and a good range of character levels...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 am

I'd hope that after half a year, the thread starter would either have finished the subway or quit the game. :wink:

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed May 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Damnit Taz, you thread necromancer (I didn't even look lol)
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Sun May 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Lol
Tazerman 200/00

Vickie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Vickie » Thu May 26, 2011 7:49 am

:D
Sworn to Avenge. Condemn to hell. Tempt not the blade, All fear the Sentinels.

Vickie "Ladypz" Creehan President of Forsaken

Arkhandroid

Post by Arkhandroid » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:26 pm

quitting AO is like quitting heroin.

Itll be back.

thats why Im back! lol

Xariama

Post by Xariama » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 am

I got an offer from Funcom to come back, have everything unlocked, for a month's fee. My problem is that the orgs I had characters in, they're all dead (even Society of Salvation). I need a good RP org to even consider coming back again. Any ideas?
Angela "Xariama" Jerricho, 132 Keeper (150 on TestLive)

"When you're born, you're given a ticket to the nuthouse. When you're born in America, you're given a front row seat." - George Carlin (1937-2008)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:45 am

Your best bet is to look in the recruiting thread on the main AO boards. Each server has their own section with a folder titled "Atlantean/Rimor Recruitment". You first need to click which server you want, and then the recruitment folder :)

xyz123abc

what was that offer of 1 month payment?

Post by xyz123abc » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:13 am

what was that offer of 1 month payment?

if i understood well, you get all the content for ONE month's fee??? (25 dollars!)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:47 am

You can get all of the expansions for pretty cheap, but once you upgrade past being a froob, you switch over from free play to monthly payments.

Meaning, if you want to stay with playing for free, don't get the other expansions.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:20 am

As a random suggestion, keep your free to play account and see about asking other paying players for one of their birthday gamekeys. 30 days of playtime plus all expansions for FREE. Besides, it's usually not a bad idea to "start fresh" with paid characters, plus if you notice you don't like the idea of paying for the game you can always just let the other account expire and go back to your older, still free account. You can always transfer some starting credits and equipment over to make the fresh start a bit easier the second time around.