Chat with One Who Asks The Unasked (Yutto)

Old threads for viewing only

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Chat with One Who Asks The Unasked (Yutto)

Post by Windguaerd » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:46 am

One Who Asks The Unasked: Greetings!
Titan: One Whose Words Happen To Rhyme told me to find nuclei from the Somphos for you.
One Who Asks The Unasked: Yes, did you manage to get hold of them?
Titan: I got them right here, I hope they are what you asked for!
One Who Asks The Unasked: That we shall soon find out!
One Who Asks The Unasked: Listen my friend, and listen well: These nuclei are telling us about an important part of our past. They show just how much impact the cataclysm had on the beings living here. The nuclei held information regarding growth and reproduction, but during the cataclysm the energy burst was so great that it literally burnt the very souls of the Xan into everything, and even today you find nuclei containing parts of the Xan. This process destroyed some of the balance in the nuclei and for some time after the cataclysm the unstable nuclei emitted energy and particles to regain balance. We believe some of the original structures were broken due to this, and the creatures here changed forever.
The Somphos were particularly susceptible to this process, and so we get much information from looking at their nuclei.
Titan: What use has this information to you?
One Who Asks The Unasked: We research the possible effects your presence has on our environment, and one thing that particularly worries us is the impact of the changes done by the Jobe researchers. The scientists are playing experts in an area where their knowledge is very limited. We fear that they will only end up copying the mistakes of the Xan, and we all know so well what troubles came from those experiments!
I'm afraid I can't give you more details at this point.
Titan: What changes have the researchers done?
One Who Asks The Unasked: Well, just take this example: They created the Shades specifically to use the essences of the creatures in these lands. To be able to get the essences, many innocent creatures had to be sacrificed as they can only take an essence from a dead body.
This technology is new to your kind, but it is something the Xan experimented with for eons, and so we assume there are issues not yet discovered by your scientists, and that they are far too quick to call it a success.
But now I need to take a look at the nuclei you brought me, and I was wondering while I was doing that, if you could do me a favor and find one of our lost stories. I believe it is known to at least some of Anansi's followers. You should be able to snitch it from one of them! Will you do this for me?
Titan: I will help you!
One Who Asks The Unasked: Ok, I have heard from a quite reliable source that these followers keep the information they have to themselves, but that one of the easier one to get talking is the Anansi Gopher.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:51 am

One Who Asks The Unasked: Greetings!
Titan: I got your story without any trouble!
One Who Asks The Unasked: What does it say? Let me have it!
One Who Asks The Unasked: That is such a sweet story! It is not exactly how we get our names anymore of course, but I would not be surprised to find this to be a true story of the old ways.
Anyway, while you were gone I received some information I would like for you to investigate.
Titan: What have you learned?
One Who Asks The Unasked: This might be just as I feared. The JOBE researchers have started taking essences from the creatures here in Inferno, creatures that were more exposed to the Source, and many of them corrupted by it.
We have now spotted several scientists use people like you to gather the materials they need for their experiments.
Titan: What did you mean by 'people like me'?
One Who Asks The Unasked: Well, it's clear that the researchers send your kind in here to do their dirty work. Why else would they open up these areas to you? It is dangerous in the Shadowlands, they don't support you in any way, but they don't stop you from coming here, in fact they encourage you to go here, and they even reward you for it!
They must have a hidden motive, and with some more information, we might be able to figure out just what they are trying to achieve here!
Titan: Tell me about the essences you mentioned!
One Who Asks The Unasked: The ancient warriors of the Xan gave their lives for the cause of their masters. Special essences were kept for them, in which intricate patterns were built using the power they got from the Source, to help protect them in battle, or improve their fighting skills. These essences were so valuable to them, that they created them so that when a soldier died in battle, the essence would be intact and could be passed on to a new soldier.
This process was not without flaws however, and many soldiers would suffer from traumas such as everlasting nightmares or would develop migraine-like headaches whenever they drew power from the Source.
Titan: And so what happened to this ancient technology?
One Who Asks The Unasked: There are still creatures in these lands that hunt for these essences, adapting them to fit their own kind. Some creatures have come to depend on them to survive in these harsh lands, but it is not without a certain risk involved that this is being done. It is difficult to make them fit the different species, and we have seen changes to personalities in creatures that have been using these essences over time. It is with that in mind that we are worried now that the scientists have been using different essences found here for their creations.
Titan: So what do you intend to do now?
One Who Asks The Unasked: We believe that by gathering information, we should be able to see the true purpose of the scientists' presence here, and by getting evidence, we can also possibly convince them to be more careful and maybe they will actually use the knowledge available to them this time around.
Titan: Can I help you get that information?
One Who Asks The Unasked: I thought you'd never ask! A good place to start is by visiting the hills where the Xan warriors lay buried. The hills are full of spirits these days, and they might still hold the essences of the past.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.