Problem with Engineer

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Mon May 17, 2010 9:39 pm

nutcase69 wrote:thanks for the info i will try and get this running, i have just installed QL 75 in most of the implant slots except left wrist, right arm and right hand.

my TS is now 390 when buffed with the nano
my MC is now 428 with no buff

is this because of my implants? i also read in one of the replies that i should be creating my own implants dont i need trade skills for this?
Possibly because MC is implanted in more spots since TS and MC share the same spots (Shining in the head, Bright in the eye and Faded in the right hand) and you can only have one cluster in each. Usually skills that share the same spots are implanted so that one is only in shining (which buffs it the most) and the other is in bright and faded (which, added together at identical QL as shining, equals the same amount a shining cluster buffs)

As for creating your own implants, you can always hire a tradeskiller or get into an org that can help you out with such things.

As for the omni-tek medsuit, just roll a froob and make him/her/it omni, run him/her/it over to rome blue and give him some credits and then have him buy the suit from the clothing terminal (Note that they don't always sell all the pieces, so go to some of the other shops in Rome to get all the pieces) Shouldn't be too pricey, 10k credits at the very most at low levels.

nutcase69

Post by nutcase69 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:57 pm

what does "Mochams" mean proberly a sill question but i still dont know?

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Tue May 18, 2010 12:42 am

nutcase69 wrote:what does "Mochams" mean proberly a sill question but i still dont know?
It's one of the nano skill buffing nanos that MPs get.

They get:

Teachings, that gives +25 to nano skills
Mastery, that gives +50 to nano skills
Infuse with Knowledge, that gives +90 to nano skills
and
Mochams, that gives +140 to nano skills.

There are 6 of each of those, that buff each individual nano skill (And they do not stack with eachother, however they stack with expertises and/or composite nano)

In addition they have a composite version of each of those (like Composite Mastery) that buffs all 6 of the nanoskills but they are level locked.

Niodemus
AOU Content Editor

Post by Niodemus » Tue May 18, 2010 6:13 pm

nutcase69 wrote: is this because of my implants? i also read in one of the replies that i should be creating my own implants dont i need trade skills for this?
The QL100 pre-build from the shops will work concerning your TS+MC, will give you +55 on both skills. They are designed for high Intelligence ability which fits your own skilling.... at least Eye, Head, L-Arm (MM) & R-Hand.

QL 100 is also the highest you can get as pre-build so you'll learn the individual designed implants soon anyway. For that you most likely want to use 3rd party tools like Implant Helper, Auno's Implant Designer, Nano Nanny or one of the various other tools. Also this post at AO forums gives you a basic idea about the process.

Personally I wouldn't look for symbiants for Engi before level 95 for the according QL130ish symbiants. Would drain more cash or time than their usefulness. In the end it's up to you though... you can of course wait a bit more or get them earlier...

In case you like to have a chat about it all, I think I'll be online Sunday late afternoon GMT. You'll either catch me on Niodemus or Timotes.

Regards
Nio

ps: http://auno.org/ gives a lot of information about nearly all items you may find in AO along with some nice features. Worth to check it out in case you haven't used it already ;)

anton*123

HI

Post by anton*123 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi there post me in game either on lita or nukeuzz and il help you out in game im on RK1,

Usuly online allday unless i got RL stuff to sort out, i remember when i had my engi there a pain at times but there a very good toon, also you need to sort your imps out for better skill my lvl 18 NT has 50's in so im sure at 60+ you could easly get ql100+ in.

Skill wise get some buffs that add tempory skills so you can get your skills up behe +27 str and stam, SFA from a doc +80treatment, omni med suite +78, also a +20 genral buff and also the imp machine +100 total extra +200 tratment :D, and theres also some treatment rifles which can help.

Skill wise for your bots max your MC and TS skills MP's are your frined hear with there buffs mochies +140 and CM,CT ect +25,+50's

As i said post me ingame and il help you out and have a look at your toon to see what you need i should be online later today.

HAVE FUN :D
Anthony

Sorentia

Post by Sorentia » Wed May 19, 2010 1:11 am

Trgeorge wrote:Another thing you should be aware is that those pistols aren't really good for SL. There, it's min dmg a gun does that is important. Or, you can equip 2 pistols that boost your nano skills, so you can cast much higher robot and then simply hide behind it.
Actually, being a person that tends to use pistols left and right even on characters that they don't normally fit with at low levels (pistol soldier from birth for example) the gun choices he has will be fine for awhile. It's not really until you get to Elysium Hecklers that you start seeing constant min damage. Also, even on the Elysium Hecklers, the Sol K-91's projectile damage will hit one of the weak points in their armor so as long as he keeps upgrading his pistols he should be fine with one of them equipped even that far.

That said, CDR's are a wonderful pistol. Pick up ATLEAST one of these as it will be a main stay weapon for a good long time on your character. If you have the means and ability stack as much + damage as you can on yourself and that CDR with it's blazingly fast specials can hold out till level 150 in the shadow lands. Mind you, the per hit damage will be lower than many other options out there, but the speed of which the specials can fire off makes up for this easily. In the CDR's case it truely is a matter of quantity over quality.

stimie01

Re: Problem with Engineer

Post by stimie01 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:59 pm

nutcase69 wrote:hi all any help would be most welcome.

i have a lvl 65 engineer that keeps dying i have no idea what to do and how i can make him better

i have manged to buy a piece of the jobe armour but can not equip it yet

my abilites are
str: 169 agi:232 Sta:208 Int: 236 Sen: 203 Psy: 149

i have increased my pistol to the max possible (pistol: 339)
my nanos for the bots is Time&Space: 357 Matter Crea: 392

Treatment: 213 and First aid: 151.

Implants
i am using manly QL: 50 from the basic shop as that is all i can use for now.

weapons
the orginal Electronicum QL: 51
SOL K-91 Mini Monster QL: 50

i am fed up with loseing so much xp i have manged to get some back but still need to recover more than 100,000 xp i am very close to junking this character.

any help and comments are welcome.

regards

pet classes in this the simplest of any game,ya really only need to implant for pets and /hunt in missions not much to it no skill or guns needed to lvl.

people who say oh no its more complicated then that are only making it that way themselves

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:47 am

stimie01 wrote:people who say oh no its more complicated then that are only making it that way themselves
Speaking as someone who has a lvl220 Tradeskill Engi, a lvl60 Temple Twink Engi and a couple more for odd occasions, I'm afraid I dissagree with this statement.

Sure, you can just get bigger implants for MC & T&S and just /pet hunt in missions, but that's a far cry from actualy playing the character!

It's not just implants that will give you a bigger pet, it's items, weapons, armour and buffs too... Getting the ballance right to push yourself to the limit is far from easy.

And of course, the further you push it, the higher bot you can get, the harder mobs you can kill and the easier it is for those mobs to one shot you into reclaim!!!

EVERY team wants a lvl90+ Engi in their team. Why? Because by that level it's fairly easy (for someone experienced) to get a lvl200 Guardian Slayerdroid equipped. (lvl60 if you're REALY good and have the creds to spend on it). But they BETTER be able to keep the agg off you or you're just meat!

During early leveles on RK, there's a lot of standing behind doors and sending the pet in ahead of you, this doesn't work in SL, the mobs are smarter and come looking for you.

P.S. /pet hunt in RK missions is a REALY bad thing... Your pets will head for the NEAREST mob, which isn't always the mob near you down the corridoor, sometimes it's the one in the room next to you that can only be got to by going thru several other rooms from where you're currently stood, and as it trains those mobs with it, if it gets out of range, it will come back to you, BRINGING THEM WITH IT!!!
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:35 am

stimie01 wrote:pet classes in this the simplest of any game,ya really only need to implant for pets and /hunt in missions not much to it no skill or guns needed to lvl.

people who say oh no its more complicated then that are only making it that way themselves
I have to admit.. I lol'd. I would so love to see how big of a pool an engineer who only did /pet hunt from level 1 to 220. And how big of a pool it would give his/her team because of the rather lazy and naff way of playing the profession, aggroing tons of stuff and annihilating everyone.
SUre it works in solo RK missions up to a certain point. But for just about anything else that is a recipe for failure. Not to mention that /pet hunt for RK missions sounds pretty.. boring. Why even bother playing if that is all you do? Heh.

/snakebite edit
Careful...

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:32 am

stimie01 wrote:pet classes in this the simplest of any game,ya really only need to implant for pets and /hunt in missions not much to it no skill or guns needed to lvl.

You can do that if you dont plan to level over 50-100 or so, but if you want to get to endgame with a engineer, that will never work
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency