About the new Graphics Engine

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Whn do you think the new Graphic Engine will arrive?

It's coming ths year (2010)
51%
Not until 2011
29%
Maybe 2012, when the world ends.
20%

Total votes: 41

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

About the new Graphics Engine

Post by Windguaerd » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:00 pm

So, do you guys think it will be here this year? I think so.
Last edited by Windguaerd on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Martek

Post by Martek » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:06 pm

I voted 2011. That's my guess for when it will be delivered to Live.

But I also feel it is very possible we'll be seeing Test versions this year.

Just gut feelings; no science to back up those guesses. :)

Hvyshadows

Post by Hvyshadows » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:18 pm

I also voted 2011, but I've really given up trying to anticipate it. At this point I get entirely confused by what is communicated to us. When I hear, "We are almost done cutting out the old engine and the next step is optimization.", I think that means that we're ready to see it all working. But they've been saying that for a really, really long time, so I'm assuming that there's a whole bunch of stuff left to do.

Wtb an understanding of coding. Paying 1B, pst!
"It is good to have substance to one's existence, but if fate denies one substance, one can yet do a lot with style."

thisnametaken

Post by thisnametaken » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:48 pm

I think the new engine and the new game "the secret world" will both come out about a month before the world ends in 2012 ... funcom's profits will go up alot for about a month then they will pull the plug on all their servers and cause world wide panicking and riots wich will bring an end to the world as we know it
no real evidence to back up this theory, just an opinion i have

Coffay

Post by Coffay » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:25 am

I think with means in charge feeding the devs pizza if they work overnight it'll be done 3rd quarter 2010

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:38 pm

I have to say, I'm not holding my breath for this year. This kind of work takes time, I'm happy to keep waiting - besides there are lots of other things I can get my teeth into in the mean time.

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 pm

I voted for this year, but I don't mind if it takes longer.
It's better to have it ready before launching it, than rushing and get a half way finnished product
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Theotus

Post by Theotus » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Voted this year, mmainly because i really want it this year, i really would hope it will get a few olds back.

all tho i know at least 1 guy would come back if they would put a auto sort on the nano's so that they sorted in to School then Quality (like on auno) - would make that first hour when you log in on a new client so much easyer.

Theo

thisnametaken

Post by thisnametaken » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Theotus wrote:Voted this year, mmainly because i really want it this year, i really would hope it will get a few olds back.

all tho i know at least 1 guy would come back if they would put a auto sort on the nano's so that they sorted in to School then Quality (like on auno) - would make that first hour when you log in on a new client so much easyer.

Theo
on the nano windows (ctrl+0,ctrl+8) there is a little "i"nfo button you can click and arrange the nanos according to the time remaining or the ncu cost, but afaik it's does'nt list by school or quality

Theotus

Post by Theotus » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:58 pm

thisnametaken wrote:
Theotus wrote:Voted this year, mmainly because i really want it this year, i really would hope it will get a few olds back.

Theo
on the nano windows (ctrl+0,ctrl+8) there is a little "i"nfo button you can click and arrange the nanos according to the time remaining or the ncu cost, but afaik it's does'nt list by school or quality
yher i know, so annoying, i actaully mailed means about it, he said he would bring it up ;)

for me, if you arrange it by school then quaility within the school, (like you see on auno) then vets comming back wouldnt shit a brick when they open there nanno window. ;)

/Theo

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:17 pm

But higher QL doesn't always mean it is the best nano to be using. Anyway, quit the offtopic.. me included :D

Morgo
AOU Content Editor

Post by Morgo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:40 am

Funcom them self expect to work on the engine trough 2010 - 2011 and have it done. I said it would be in 2011 hopefully early 2011 maybe late of 2010 if we are lucky.
Veteran Dark "Morgo" Padawan :: Devil Inside :: EnforcerImage

Lamargo

Post by Lamargo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Pretty sure I saw Means say their aim was for 2010, not sure if that was for the seperate test server they will set up for it or not though. Sooner they get that up the better as it would, if nothing else, stop people speculating and it would all feel a little more real! :)
[img]http://www.scene-and-heard.com/ao/sigs/sig_lamargo.jpg[/img]
Lamargo (RK2) - AOU Researcher
General of Insanity Inc