construction kits

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

nutcase69

construction kits

Post by nutcase69 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:02 pm

hi i have several of these kits but dont know how to use them can anyone help me please.
thanks
nut

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Do you mean these kits?

nutcase69

Post by nutcase69 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:13 pm

this is the text thats in the information bar

Energy Weapons Construction Kit
Quality level: 46
Charges: 1 (Splitable)
Description:
The Energy weapons Construction kit used to create Energy Based weapons of all kinds. This kit is 'cast-away'- and the 'welding-bots' in the casing uses most of its mass to construct the weapon.

Scoopx
AOU Reporter

Post by Scoopx » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:20 pm

Those are very OLD classic Rubi-Ka weapon kits. The weapons they make are no longer viable or worth the time and credits getting the parts to finish them. I recommend that you vendor them for credits.

However, if you wish to construct them, in the Trade section of any shop (i.e. Basic, Advanced, Superior) you will find a vendor machine labeled "Books". Inside you will find construction manuals that will tell you what parts you need to make the weapon from the construction kit that you have. Just remember that the part must be within +/- 15% of the QL of the Kit... (for a QL 100 kit... the part must be minimum of QL 85 or as high as QL 115)

Hope this helps.
And now You know!

Roger "Scoopx" Johnson
Cub-Reporter for Rubi-Ka Times
Neutral Division
[img]http://www.scene-and-heard.com/ao/sigs/sig_scoopx.jpg[/img]

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Actually, from the description of the item he gave it is in fact the link I provided in the last post. For a froob player they are fairly worthless though. However if you are a sloob (only got Shadowlands) they can be very useful since you don't have access to Kyr'Ozch weapons and the weapon kits are basically downgraded Kyr'Ozch weapons

nutcase69

Post by nutcase69 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:53 pm

yup i am a sloob

Weeping Willow

Post by Weeping Willow » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Scoopx wrote:Those are very OLD classic Rubi-Ka weapon kits. The weapons they make are no longer viable or worth the time and credits getting the parts to finish them. I recommend that you vendor them for credits.
Jobe blade staff anyone ?