AOU Mod and GUI for 18.3

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Zorvan

AOU Mod and GUI for 18.3

Post by Zorvan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:03 pm

What's the prognosis? Gonna be ready for 18.3 release or do I gotta go back to the default GUI when 18.3 hits?

I hate the default GUI, so I'm hoping not to have to switch from AOU. :P

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:36 pm

unless the Devs do any changes to the client side gui coding, like adding extra features to the settings menu, there should be no need to worry. Of course there'll be no way to know until the next patch goes live, but rest assure I'll prolly have a fix up within 2hrs of the patch if there is one needed ;)

Zorvan

Post by Zorvan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:28 pm

Awesome, Scene. I haven't checked out test yet, so I wasn't sure if things like the new mail system would affect the gui or not. Thanks. :D
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A true friend will be sitting in there with you saying "Wasn't that great?!?".

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:37 pm

It seems that the current mail system on test doesn't work with a custom GUI and can cause AO to crash when trying to use it. I'm guessing it will be due to the custom GUI xml files missing the relevent mail system variables. As I don't do the test servers, this fix will have to wait until it hits live (unless someone from test wants to pm me the default gui xml files from the 18.3 test patch)

Zorvan

Post by Zorvan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:03 am

Which files do you need? I can send you the complete "Default" folder (391kb) by e-mail if it'd be faster/easier.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A true friend will be sitting in there with you saying "Wasn't that great?!?".

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:20 am

that will do fine thanks

Zorvan

Post by Zorvan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Sent to your MSN email. It's been .rar compacted so hotmail would send the whole folder at once. :P I virus scanned it also before sending it to ya.

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:52 pm

thanks and received :)

EDIT: As I thought, there are 2 new xml files located in the Default Views folder, called MailWindow.xml and MailMessageWindow.xml

If you copy these files into the Views folders of each of the AOU_Slim_CNI, AOU_Slim_CNT and AOU_CYT, this should fix the issues ppl are having on test.

You will also need to copy the defalt charprefs.xml file into each of the AOU folders too, as this also contains references to the mail windows configs

I will look into the layout of the windows once it hits live

Zorvan

Post by Zorvan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Just copy/pasted the files and did a test run on testserver. Worked like a charm. :D

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/Z ... 0002-1.png

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:31 pm

excellent :D

Thanks for the testing. I'll post it up on the main AO thread

Zorvan

Post by Zorvan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:36 pm

No problem. Thank you for the great mod. :D