Would you listen to a remix of in-game music?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Yes!
45%
Maybe
23%
Nah!
No votes
I have turned off music
33%

Total votes: 40

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:21 am

If the original AO in-game soundtrack was remixed to spice it up would you listen to it?
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:46 am

Indeed I would.... bring it on!

StarChaser9

Post by StarChaser9 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:33 am

Most definitely ... and I agree, bring it on! :P

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:07 pm

I already listen to the original soundtrack - so gimme more ;)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Do you mean whilst ingame or out?

I have music switched off ingame, I don't think it helps the ambiance & it spoils the effects for me...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Snakebite wrote:Do you mean whilst ingame or out?

I have music switched off ingame, I don't think it helps the ambiance & it spoils the effects for me...
In-game, the music is good, but once you heard it for a few months, usually people turn it off because they got so used to it, it's boring.
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:54 pm

I don't quite understand the last option of the poll. What does having music turned off have to do with going to listen to a remix of the soundtrack?

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:21 pm

Uragon wrote:I don't quite understand the last option of the poll. What does having music turned off have to do with going to listen to a remix of the soundtrack?
Some people just won't listen to music while playing.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:08 pm

Yeah, but that's not a valid answer to your question in my eyes. Even though you don't listen to the game's soundtrack while playing it, you might still listen to a remix. I'm just a bit confused on that one.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Uragon wrote:Yeah, but that's not a valid answer to your question in my eyes. Even though you don't listen to the game's soundtrack while playing it, you might still listen to a remix. I'm just a bit confused on that one.
I mean, no matter what kind of music, some gamers will NOT listen to it because to them it's not realistic. When you walk to the supermarket from your car you just parked, there is no soundtrack playing in the background.

That same logic applies, well, for some that is. I like to listen to music all the time, MP3 player ftw.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:29 pm

If you ever meet such a person, make sure to invite them to a musical. I'd be curious what they think about it! :)

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:59 pm

Uragon wrote:If you ever meet such a person, make sure to invite them to a musical. I'd be curious what they think about it! :)
So far, we may have 4 of them here... look out, they may be ninjas!

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:03 am

I have a folder full of AO wma's that i downloaded in the beginning of 2004 from a website once that had the game music of AO remixed, or so they stated on their website. Don't really remember.
As far as i saw it, the files of the game itself are split in several dozens, as they change dynamically during fights. That remix now is simply the music you hear in the game, just in full length.

I dunno if it'd be ok with FC or those remixers to upload them somewhere again?
What i can tell you though is that i sometimes listen to the music randomly, i even use some of it as background music while doing P&P RPG sometimes :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:44 am

Uragon wrote:If you ever meet such a person, make sure to invite them to a musical. I'd be curious what they think about it! :)
Read up, that's me... ^^

& the answer to the musical thing is it's ok but leaves me a little bemused lol.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:27 am

Khuri wrote:As far as i saw it, the files of the game itself are split in several dozens, as they change dynamically during fights. That remix now is simply the music you hear in the game, just in full length.
There actually is an official AO soundtrack downloadable from Funcom's FTP:
ftp://ftp.funcom.com/media/AOSoundtrackVol2.zip