Athens

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

kcfalcon

Athens

Post by kcfalcon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:15 pm

I just zoned into Athens (from Noob Island) and completed my first mission from one of those mission machines. I'm just wondering if Athens is the best place to start, of if there is another city/zone that is usually considered best? Or does it make any difference at all?

Also, three other random questios...
1. Is the skill Heavy Weapons necessary or beneficial for soldiers?
2. Are froobs able to use the market explorer machines (to check for items for sale)? I've tried but it appears to freeze every time I try to use it.)
3. Are those market machines also used for selling items, or is that done somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

Niodemus
AOU Content Editor

Re: Athens

Post by Niodemus » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:51 pm

kcfalcon wrote:I just zoned into Athens (from Noob Island) and completed my first mission from one of those mission machines. I'm just wondering if Athens is the best place to start, of if there is another city/zone that is usually considered best? Or does it make any difference at all?
My heavily biased answer: Become Omni on the ICC shuttle isle and go for Rome :oops: :P
kcfalcon wrote: 1. Is the skill Heavy Weapons necessary or beneficial for soldiers?
As far as I know there are not many popular weapons using Heavy Weapons Skill available to free accounter... most appear to like Plasmaprojectors. Taking from your question that you are a Soldier you might like the information provided in the Soldier Guide.
kcfalcon wrote:2. Are froobs able to use the market explorer machines (to check for items for sale)? I've tried but it appears to freeze every time I try to use it.)
Quick answer: No.
The market explorer machines, aka global market search (GMS), are only available to those who have the Alien Invasion Expansion ... and with that own a pay account.
kcfalcon wrote:3. Are those market machines also used for selling items, or is that done somewhere else?
The GMS is used to find items sold by player in their personal shop terminals in shop buildings of the organisation cities.

Hope that covered your questions well enough, if you have remaining questions feel free to ask them.

kcfalcon

Post by kcfalcon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks Niodemus! Very helpful!