Getting Alien Experience - Some questions

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Kandaje

Getting Alien Experience - Some questions

Post by Kandaje » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:24 am

Greetings...

Assuming I'm not part of an org that has a city and I'm below level 100 and No longer on Newbie Island :

Is the only way I'm going to get any alien XP's :

1) Get lucky and find some aliens just wandering around Rubi-ka.

2) Get lucky and find an org thats just happens to be doing a raid and get invited to join the team.

3) Do some "thing" that is not common knowledge and start a raid on an org city that I'm not a member of...

#1 above actually happened - for some strange reason I found 2 aliens just standing in the beam down - the ship left and they just stood there. So I popped them...

There is a hint in the Gameguide about using your whatchacallit device (city controller repairer device or some such) on a city controller that you dont actually control to start a raid - but I've had no success doing that - and besides - it just seems like bad manners...

Any hints?

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:12 am

There is no solo content for AIXP in the game. so untill you can enter sector 10. It will be hard without a org with a city.
The best is if you have Lost Eden is to go to the outzone and hope to find a team there for the mothership.
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:50 pm

Yup, City raids & LE missions in the APF are about it...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Scoopx
AOU Reporter

Post by Scoopx » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:50 pm

Assuming I'm not part of an org that has a city and I'm below level 100 and No longer on Newbie Island :

Is the only way I'm going to get any alien XP's :

1) Get lucky and find some aliens just wandering around Rubi-ka.
#1 above actually happened - for some strange reason I found 2 aliens just standing in the beam down - the ship left and they just stood there. So I popped them...
Not good game etiquette ..... those were mobs from someone's city raid that got lost in pathing and did not go directly to the City Controller!
2) Get lucky and find an org that's just happens to be doing a raid and get invited to join the team.

This is easy... just use Shift-F to open the LFT (looking for Team) window. Down at the bottom is a section to explain what you are looking for.... i.e. LFT for AXP... City Raids, LE Missions.... Will Travel !!
Somebody will contact you......
3) Do some "thing" that is not common knowledge and start a raid on an org city that I'm not a member of...
Not gonna happen.... you can't access the City Controller commands unless you are a member of that org.

So.... your best bet is to LFT for City Raids or LE Missions..... and/or level up past 100 and go to Sector 10 (100-150 alien playfield)

[/quote]
And now You know!

Roger "Scoopx" Johnson
Cub-Reporter for Rubi-Ka Times
Neutral Division
[img]http://www.scene-and-heard.com/ao/sigs/sig_scoopx.jpg[/img]

Noticiero
Guest of Honor

Post by Noticiero » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:40 pm

Another option is to make FRIENDS with people who have a city, and let them know that if they're running a raid, to keep you in mind for axp.
Retired Reporter 'Noticiero' Rivera - Winner of the Galaxy Award for Journalism and the #1 Reporter on Rubi-Ka since between May of 29477 - May of 29483. [Atlantean]A Rubi-Ka Exclusive - Over 70 Interviews with important and notable figures and Investigative Reports since 29477.[Atlantean]

Kandaje

Post by Kandaje » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:23 pm

Greetings...
Scoopx wrote: Not good game etiquette ..... those were mobs from someone's city raid that got lost in pathing and did not go directly to the City Controller!

Actually they weren't...
The controller was directly in view of the beam down point - the 2 bugs were just standing in the beam - not moving. I flew around the controller - there were no players in the city - checked the /LIST of players on the playfield - everyone on the playfield (only 7 players including myself) was on the far western side - I had just come from there...

The beam down ship dissapeared - leaving the aliens just standing there. I was doing a nearby dyna - and when I finished with that - noticed that they were STILL there - maybe 20 minutes had passed since the raid ship left...

But yeah - I'd never interfere with someone else's raid...

What I think may have happened - was that the player who initiated the raid - got discoed.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Of course... & I know it's an outside option... WAY left field... But...

You could, you know, JOIN an org??? :P
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Kandaje

Post by Kandaje » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:50 pm

Greetings...

Snakebite wrote:Of course... & I know it's an outside option... WAY left field... But...

You could, you know, JOIN an org??? :P
I'm in an org - a broken one admittably, we dont have a city. It's not all that important - lvl 100 will come soon enough...

Im not impatient...