Scythes

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Delbo

Scythes

Post by Delbo » Sun May 25, 2008 6:01 pm

Are the scythes a drop or trade skill ?

Who drops or what items make it ?

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Sun May 25, 2008 7:07 pm

All sycthes are drops... most drop in Temple of the Three Winds and Inner Sanctum for 125+ levels
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Sun May 25, 2008 11:13 pm

To clarify, there are four popular scythes in the game. Two are low level from Temple of the Three Winds and two are high level from Inner Sanctum.

* Energy Scythe - Common drop from Exarchs, Windcallers, and some bosses in ToTW.
* Frost Scythe of the Legionnaire - Common drop from Deathless Legionnaires in ToTW.
* Frost-bound Reaper - Drops from 2nd and 3rd floor bosses in IS.
* Permafrost - Rare drop from Hezak, the final boss of IS
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Delbo

Post by Delbo » Sun May 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Thanks Guys, one more question. Do I need to be Omni or Clan to enter the temple?

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Mon May 26, 2008 1:47 am

Delbo wrote:Thanks Guys, one more question. Do I need to be Omni or Clan to enter the temple?
All factions can enter any of the static dungeons on RK. It's more difficult to reach some of them if you are a certain faction (for example, Clanners have a harder time at Foreman's, while Omni has a harder time getting back to Omni territory from ToTW), but these are very minor restrictions.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon May 26, 2008 3:56 am

getting back is not so hard any more, not since AI expansion, you just need to run to the closest city and use a city Whom-pah.

Getting there is easy for Omni and Neutrals, there is a portal in Rome Green, just need to talk to the beggar first donate some creds and you get a key for the portal