Chat with Scientist Drake Rodriguez (Excerpt)

Old threads for viewing only

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Truthdreamer

Chat with Scientist Drake Rodriguez (Excerpt)

Post by Truthdreamer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:45 am

Greetings,

After completing the mandatory trials in the Shadowlands Training Grounds (or Jobe Backyard), Scientist Drake Rodriguez, starts up the story line for the Xans.

This is just the excerpt of the story line relevant information and does not include the actual mandatory trial:
Truthdreamer: I've completed all your tests. Now tell me what is going on here!
Drake looks around nervously.
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: Well, Truthdreamer. I doubt you've failed to notice the unusual environment here and to be honest we still only have limited knowledge about this place.
We do know one thing for sure...
Every seismic reading we've conducted so far has shown us some very disturbing results.
This place is falling apart!
Drake seems genuinely concerned.
Truthdreamer: Is there anything I can do to help?
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: We have found something we refer to as the Brink.
We have never received any reliable reports from that area though. But the closer we get to the the edge, the more intense are our seismic readings.
You have passed all our tests. We feel confident that you will make it there and back.
Will you help us?
Truthdreamer: Yes, I will.
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: Thank you, Truthdreamer. I hope you realize how much we appreciate your help.
Here is what we want you to do.
Venture south from here and you will see the edge - the Brink.
Search the area and bring any information you may find.
We haven't had anyone return from the Brink alive yet. So we are not sure what it is we are actually looking for.
But I'll make sure you are generously compensated.
Drake lowers his voice.
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: Truthdreamer is heading to the Brink.
Yes, let's keep our fingers crossed...
Rodriguez out.
After finding and returning the Delicate Metal Device found on a Heckler of Evolution at the Brink (SE-E from Scientist Drake Rodriguez location).
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: Hello again, Truthdreamer.
Are you ready for your mandatory tests?
Truthdreamer: I might have the information you need about the brink.
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: What did you find?
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: What the...
Drake lowers his voice.
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: Hold everything, Donna! You too, Veronica! Specimen 43396 found something useful here.
He turns back to you.
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: Truthdreamer, what you found here is truly amazing.
Drake gently brushes away some dust from the device, revealing ancient symbols.
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: These symbols clearly indicate the involvement of intellectually advanced beings.
Possibly an entire civilization!
He tries to translate the symbols.
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: I'm sorry, Truthdreamer. I can only make out one word.
Er......Goh...?
No, wait.
Ergo.
Yes, that's it. Whatever that means...
Drake reaches into a backpack.
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: As promised, Truthdreamer. Your reward...
Talk to Donna Red or Veronica Escobar if you want to further aid us in our research.
Drake turns around and continues to investigate the strange device. You repeat the word a couple of times. Ergo.... Ergo. Why does it sound so familiar?
Truthdreamer: Where can I find Donna Red?
Scientist Drake Rodriguez: Last I heard she was somewhere in Nascence.
Head on through Jobe Research and you will find Nascence Frontier.
That's where I would look.
Now if you'll excuse me...
Regards,
TD

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:49 am

I think we've all done that one countless times in the 9 or so years since it was put in lol

Even now with ICC shuttle port being the main starting point aside from Keeper and Shade, people still go to do those after they leave the shuttle port to get the bracer and other goodies.

Truthdreamer

Post by Truthdreamer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:53 am

Silvana wrote:I think we've all done that one countless times in the 9 or so years since it was put in lol

Even now with ICC shuttle port being the main starting point aside from Keeper and Shade, people still go to do those after they leave the shuttle port to get the bracer and other goodies.
Sorry Silvana. I just couldn't find Dr Drake in the forums, so thought I add him just for fun. I guess it's infinitely more exciting to me as I am just starting my journey. :)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 am

Oh, wasn't a complaint.

I'm glad that you're enjoying it. I remember feeling that way about SL back then too :)