Phasefront Salesbot H-91

Old threads for viewing only

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Phasefront Salesbot H-91

Post by Windguaerd » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:28 pm

Ahead is a brand new assistant droid, the highly-polished metal of his form practically gleaming from every corner. Though his face is motionless, the lips seem to have been formed into a wide, inviting smile.
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: Greetings, and welcome to the Newland City Phasefront Gallery! I am the H-91 Customer Service Android, personal designation: Andy. How may I assist you today?
Windguaerd: What can you tell me about Phasefront?
The android's head tilts to one side as he begins speaking, the mechanical tones of his vocoder light and lilting.
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: The Phasefront Corporation was founded in 29451 by CEO Nathan Ikar. Mr. Ikar had long been an aficionado of vehicular technology, and since childhood has carried a dream - A dream of taking people to the skies. Through hard work and determination, Mr. Ikar saw his dream realized in the form of Phasefront, devoting his company to providing the masses with elegant, amazing vehicles and a commitment to quality.
Windguaerd: Has Phasefront always produced vehicles?
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: Not at all. Initially, Phasefront operated as a producer of specialized vehicles, retrofitting ships and personal transports with high-quality customized upgrades. During this period, as Phasefront's reputation grew among the interstellar market, Mr. Ikar sought out the best vehicular engineers available, offering them positions within his creative design team. The first Phasefront-branded vehicle, the Wraith, was available under military contract in the year 29477.
With the success of this vehicle and its subsequent civilian model, Phasefront began full-time production on its own unique lines of personal vehicles.
Windguaerd: Why haven't these been available on Rubi-Ka until now?
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: Naturally, Rubi-Ka poses a unique challenge to any vehicular manufacturer, due to the planet's natural resources and the abundance of notum in the ecosystem. This, unfortunately, has long kept Phasefront from bringing its unique style to the citizens of Rubi-Ka. Due to new breakthroughs in miniaturized propulsion technology, though, we are now proud to provide this market with retrofitted vehicles designed solely for use within the notum field! Truly we live in amazing times!
Windguaerd: Then how come Yalmahas have always been able to work here?
There is a bit of a pause from the robot, voice halting as you hear a soft grinding sound emanate from within its head. The grinding stops after several seconds.
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: We are sorry, but inquiries of that nature must be fielded to our legal department. Thank you for thinking of Phasefront!
Windguaerd: But... wait, you didn't answer my question.
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: I am sorry, but this unit is not equipped to field questions of a potentially litigious nature. Please refer any questions regarding this line of inquiry to our legal department.
Windguaerd: Why do the boards work in the Shadowlands, but not the hoverbikes?
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: Phasefront's finest engineers have attempted for several years to solve the issue of certain mechanical devices being unable to work within the metaphysical realm of the Shadowlands, but to little avail. Though we at Phasefront will continue to work against the issue, the current technology that allows free-range movement of the Phasefront-brand Wraith, Spectre, and Banshee hoverbikes is not compatible with the novictum present in the Shadowlands.
Windguaerd: Then how come Yalmahas have always been able to work here?
There is a bit of a pause from the robot, voice halting as you hear a soft grinding sound emanate from within its head. The grinding stops after several seconds.
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: We are sorry, but inquiries of that nature must be fielded to our legal department. Thank you for thinking of Phasefront!
Windguaerd: I'd like to ask about something else.
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: Of course. How may I be of assistance?
The android's head tilts to one side as he begins speaking, the mechanical tones of his vocoder light and lilting.
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: The Phasefront Corporation was founded in 29451 by CEO Nathan Ikar. Mr. Ikar had long been an aficionado of vehicular technology, and since childhood has carried a dream - A dream of taking people to the skies. Through hard work and determination, Mr. Ikar saw his dream realized in the form of Phasefront, devoting his company to providing the masses with elegant, amazing vehicles and a commitment to quality.
Windguaerd: Wait, wait. You say Phasefront has a "commitment to quality". Then why are the bikes and boards so scratched?
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: Due to the unique limitations of the Rubi-Ka market, we at Phasefront have made the logical decision to supply this area with refurbished vehicles. This choice was made for several reasons. First, owing to Rubi-Ka's unique biosphere and resident elements, new engine fittings had to be made to the currently existing product line. Secondly, given the sociopolitical climate of this area, Phasefront realized the unique needs of the planetary citizens, and understands that while quality lasts forever, physical beauty does not. In these tumultuous times, Phasefront recognizes that many citizens may find themselves in armed combat, and realizes that a fresh coat of paint will only last so long. By opting to offer the bikes to this market without further aesthetic enhancement, Phasefront is able to pass on massive savings to you, our valued customer.
Windguaerd: I'd like to ask about something else.
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: Of course. How may I be of assistance?
Windguaerd: So does his dream of amazing elegance also include giant flickering holograms in the sky?
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: We at Phasefront recognize the power of brand-name marketing, and know that often the best way to attract new consumers is through natural curiosity. By placing our logo in the skies above Newland lake, it invites others to come and explore, to discover what awaits them at the Newland City Phasefront Gallery. It is our hope that the Phasefront logo will become recognizable as a symbol for speed and independence on Rubi-Ka, and have ensured that as many as possible can become aware of our brand name.
Windguaerd: Yeah, but why does it keep flickering?
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: Our aesthetic design here on Rubi-Ka was directed by a very famous holographic architect, who's works are renowned across the galaxy. "Needs more lights!" he would say, and truer words were never spoken. Unfortunately, with proper lighting comes some small sacrifices; the amount of power this gallery is drawing means that we do receive small blips in the form of interference, often from outside sources. We at Phasefront are none-the-less very happy with the holographic displays, and hope you are too!
Windguaerd: Isn't it a little... you know, big?
Phasefront Salesbot H-91: Not at all! Newland city, under the leadership of mayor King, has been very attractive to new shops and businesses, and we feel this is but one way we can repay Mr. King for his generosity in allowing us to lease Newland Lake for our newest showroom. By displaying the Phasefront logo proudly in the skies above, we speak out to other markets, proclaiming that Phasefront and Newland City make excellent partners - And so can they!
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.