Jobe Scientists

Old threads for viewing only

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Azazel

Jobe Scientists

Post by Azazel » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:32 am

I got those logs from a guard at port 5 in Elysium... It's an interesting story probably continuing at Scientists quest in Scheol... I have not done this yet... As long as I find some time I'll do it and post the rest of story in replies

Guard - Ulf Reinhart: If you have some extra time, the Jobe scientists would be happy to get some help.
Azazelkeep: What is this place?
Guard - Ulf Reinhart: This is the old Port 5. Back in the days this place bustled with activity. Something that can be hard to imagine when you look at the place today.
Azazelkeep: What happened?
Guard - Ulf Reinhart: Well, the erosion put a stop to the activities here. After the accident, pretty much everyone left.
Azazelkeep: Accident?
Guard - Ulf Reinhart: Well, some scientists built a floating research station in Scheol, quite a bit above ground, their research focusing on understanding the degradation, looking for patterns to be able to predict the future. Then one day they just disappeared. The whole thing simply vanished, and not a single piece of evidence of their existence was left.
There's really not much more to tell, nobody ever found out what had happened.
Azazelkeep: And so they closed this port?
Guard - Ulf Reinhart: They didn't at first. Many people decided that this was a sign of what was to come in the future, and that further research was only going to make things worse. Some among them meant that the speed with which the land eroded was higher than ever. While others meant it was just a coincidence and nothing to worry about. Some of those chose to stay behind. Driven by their curious scientist nature I guess.
Azazelkeep: Weren't they afraid?
Guard - Ulf Reinhart: You have to take into consideration that these people had never suffered from any trauma. They had no knowledge of death. Some might have been frightened at what they saw, but at the same time fascinated enough to stay and watch till the end.
Azazelkeep: The end?
Guard - Ulf Reinhart: Yes. We're not sure what happened, but the theory is that they must have had a briefing session or something, because there was only one building that fully collapsed into the brink, and there has been no trace of anyone anywhere. So, the investigators concluded that they were all in the same building at the wrong time. The scientists didn't show up anywhere, and scanners couldn't find anything. After that regulations were made to prevent people from coming here. The scientists no longer get support for research work done any other place than in Nascense or Jobe. They find ways around it though, like using the Yuttos for information or even travelers such as yourself.