Arid Rift NPC chats

Old threads for viewing only

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:05 am

Aime Jet: Who... who are you?
Noticiero: I'm Noticiero. Tater sent me to find you.
The woman in front of you is looking in your direction, yet her eyes seem unfocused. She doesn't answer immediately, and when she finally does, her words are spoken with great delay.
Aime Jet:
You have... come alone, dear?
Her eyes narrow.
Aime Jet:
They did't send more of your kind?
There is disappointment in her voice.
Noticiero: What happened to you?
Aime Jet: Nothing... dear.
She doesn't give any response to this.
Noticiero: (Slap her on the chin)
The pain seems to awaken her from the trance. She suddenly looks perplexed.
Aime Jet: I remember... it all now. The connection is broken, but not lost. I can feel them... their disappointment.
Aime Jet: They hold me as bait, expecting you to send a raid mob to save me. They've been studying our behavior, planning to beat down our forces here in this valley and continue to our unprotected camps. However, you came alone... they'll underestimate you.
Noticiero: You ought to come with me!
Aime Jet: The link... they'll reestablish it soon, get... out of here, while...
She goes quiet and her sudden smile tells you that you are not going anywhere.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:55 am

Sheri Tater: Yes?
Noticiero: I... I'm sorry.
Sheri Tater: Didn't she want to come with you?
You tell her what happened to Aime. Sheri's eyes widen.
Sheri Tater: What are you saying? She has insurance...
Noticiero: They're controlling her... As far as we know she will be reclaimed by them.
Her normally green eyes, now red, quickly fills with grief.
Sheri Tater: She... is alive? We have to do something! I...
Then she gasps, pressing her hands against her heart trying to withhold her emotions as she realizes saving Aime would be unrealistic.
Noticiero: I have something for you.
Sheri Tater: What is it?
She browses through the text, smiles sadly and nods in thanks.
Sheri Tater: ...
Have you read it?
Noticiero: No, I haven't.
Sheri Tater: Thank you... Please... leave me now.

I did read her journal:

Last Entry of Aime's Journal
NODROP UNIQUE
Quality level: 1
Charges: 1 (Splitable)
Description:
Tuesday

I saw an odd light phenomenon in the sky tonight. Particles were emitting from the ground, much resembling light signals I have noticed with some insect species. I have to find it's origin.

Wednesday

Following the light turned out to be a huge mistake. I'm onboard a huge alien mother ship with no memory of how I got here.

They are keeping me as a prisoner... Yet I get to keep my belongings. My wrist intercom is not working, I'm guessing they have some kind of signal interceptor technology.

I can walk around freely, so going to take right turns from now on and see if I can find a way out.

My memory is getting worse and worse, I try to write whenever I can, though there is no way to tell the time in this place.

The ship is huge, I have seen many floors now, I must have been here for a long time because I don't get lost anymore.

Recently I saw a man on the ship. I believe I know his face, but I can't place him. I wonder how he got here...

Thoughts I don't recognize, are infesting my brain. I'm starting to accept these thoughts as a part of me. How long have I been here?

My memory is getting better, but these new memories are hard to separate from dreams.

A cunning plan is forming.

For some reason I believe in it. It's the right thing to do. I don't recognize myself, yet I feel more loved than ever.
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:39 am

Steven Rogne stops and jogs on the spot when he sees you.
Noticiero: Wait, please, I need to talk to you!
He stops jogging.
Steven "The Running Man" Rogne: Hey, out stretching the good old legs are you? This is an excellent route, I agree.
The man in front of you gives you a wide smile, making the corners in his eyes crinkle.
Steven "The Running Man" Rogne:
Yesterday, I headed down south... More wide open spaces. I felt like a wild horse galloping with my herd.
His eyes become distant and he speaks with a quiet voice.
Steven "The Running Man" Rogne: It was rather lonely.
Next thing you know his face lights up again.
I prefer this place... These narrow rifts make me feel like an eagle, you know? Have a nice one!

He jogs on the spot waiting for you to leave.
Noticiero: Please, Sheri Tater sent me to talk to you!
Steven Rogne stops and his face shines with great concern
Is everything alright? Is Sheri alright?
Noticiero: Sheri is fine. She sent me to get a report from you.
Steven "The Running Man" Rogne: A report..
He consider this for a while then he burst out in joy
A report! Of course, I have my conclusions all gathered on this recorder.

He smiles at you quizzical but happily as if he already have forgot why you are there.
I hope you will have a pleasant day!

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Sheri Tater: Welcome back! I'm so glad you made it. When you'd left I started to regret that I sent you out there.
Noticiero: You were right... he is a peculiar man.
Sheri Tater: Oh you met him! Did he give you a report?
Sheri Tater: Thank you for doing this for me! Please, accept this as a reward.
She connects the device to a hidden port behind her ear, obviously converting the reports from digital to biological memory through input hardware in one of the HUD slots.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Ole Jacob

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:33 am

Ole Jacob: Oh, thank you!
Noticiero: What are you doing here?
He looks at his shoes.
Ole Jacob: I'm a collector, specialized in Xan artefacts.
He continues with a mixture of sadness and joy in his voice.
Ole Jacob: I... I thought it was going to be safe in here... Thank heavens you came!
Noticiero: Have you found anything in here?
Ole Jacob: Well... I had just entered this room when I saw this ancient looking terminal. Have you ever been to adonis? Well nevermind, but it really reminds me of the Xan machinery from Shadowlands. Isn't it marvalous!
He shudders.
Ole Jacob: Then they attacked me, as from nowhere. They seem to protect this ruin!
Noticiero: I have to examine more of this ruin before I leave.
He sighs, not looking too pleased.
Ole Jacob: I guess I'll head out. Be careful, allright!