The Basher Crew and cooperators

Discuss your AO friends that have been lost or become less visible over time.
Zagadka

The Basher Crew and cooperators

Post by Zagadka » Tue May 08, 2012 2:46 am

I had the great honor of taking over and redesigning/coding AO-Basher... many current players may have never heard of it, but back in the day (pre-release to 2003) we had a fair following; in fact, I see AO-U as a tremendously great successor to what I was trying to do (no advertisements except community groups and stuff).

So thanks to Solarax, who I've had the pleasure of spending some time with personally, Mousii, and Ainur. RIP to AO Arcanum, the first major guides site we integrated with, along with Faunlore and several other sites. Auno, as well, who had the will to keep his site alive despite no personal investment, and who pioneered parts of AO's community. During my time at AO-B, FC community operators Dai-Galean (who is still a good friend) and Cz were very helpful with relations and sharing information on updates.

And to the IRC operators, good stuff.

If i could suggest one thing for AO-U, add in a dynamic update include from GSP's now playing ;-) It worked well on our site, and GSP deserves all the linkage in the world.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: The Basher Crew and cooperators

Post by Silvana » Tue May 08, 2012 3:02 am

It's pretty funny that you bring up the GSP linkage. I asked them recently for the code to launch the player and show the "now playing" and received it. We're just waiting to adjust the graphics slightly so they are more in line with the AOU color scheme (with permission from GSP) and then they will be there on the right, above the org banners :)

Zagadka

Re: The Basher Crew and cooperators

Post by Zagadka » Tue May 08, 2012 5:54 am

Nice. :-)