562 - Ice Golem Pattern Quest (Redeemed)

Please use the Comment Feature on a guides page!
Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

562 - Ice Golem Pattern Quest (Redeemed)

Post by Cariadast » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Discuss the Article 'Ice Golem Pattern Quest (Redeemed)' on this thread -- To view this article, please click here.
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

Articles, Guides, Forums, News

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Edited to remove comments regarding Vanya's heart looking like a candy cardboard heart box for Valentine's. Added that Ecclesiast when you hand him the Bleeding heart (the one you looted from Vanya). He may drop the heart, emptying it as he slips and slides trying to recover it with you. What he may then hand you back will be Vanya's Lifeless Heart
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

Avari

Re: 562 - Ice Golem Pattern Quest (Redeemed)

Post by Avari » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:07 pm

I have some concerns regarding the guide seeing as it presents a specific way to do the quest for the Ice Golem pattern. The guide suggests collecting both Vanya's beating heart and the Yomi Grimoire page before starting the quest, but if you want to save the hassle of collecting 6 insignias to spawn Vanya, then you can also spawn her by using the letter you get from Cama after the whole dialogue with the Yomi Grimoire page and The Book of Insignificant Rituals. To me, this saves some time since I have both Pen Sanc key and recall beacons to move me around between quest locations.

I'd suggest updating the guide to reflect both approaches. If necessary I can write the text for it if nobody else will.

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:56 pm

Good advice, edited it this way ; also did the Omni version !

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:37 am

When I last updated this guide I was aware of this method. I was also aware that it was most likely left out or removed due to the amount of bug outs that happened doing it.

II left out because in the past the second method was buggy when you went to hand in the instructions/blueprint and if it went that way, you couldnt get a finished IG quest. This was still bugging on the Omni side as of 2017.

It was a conscious exclusion.

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:38 pm

Should we let the guide as written now or come back to previous version ?
Or may be mitigate by adding a warning (1 = safe solution vs 2 = possibly buggy solution) ?

PS : i've did the mitigation with warning, hoping it solves the issue.

Avari

Post by Avari » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:07 pm

My experience is with clan side, and I have done the quest quite a lot over the years and never experienced problems spawning Unredeemed Vanya with letter+blueprint.

However, you have a very short time to hand the Acolyte (clan side) either the insignias or letter+pattern to spawn Unredeemed Vanya. If you give the wrong combination of items (only letter for example), or start a conversation, you risk the Acolyte despawning on you.

You are right that the quest bugs out easily if you don't do things in the right order though. Talking to the right NPCs at the wrong time may cause the mission to bug out and fail.

I suggest adding a disclaimer that there have been reports of bugs for omni side if using the letter+blueprint option to spawn Redeemed Cama.

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:18 pm

Tbh, i think there's enough warning so people can choose their favorite option.

Avari

Post by Avari » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:39 pm

Could be - must admit I just read the discussion and not the updated guide.

Thanks for fixing it :)

Goldcrown

Post by Goldcrown » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:53 am

The guide says that Cama spawns in the 75% room without mentioning that this room is the north room opposite the one with the other NPCs for this quest.

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:53 pm

Added this for precision, thanks.