27 - Shoulderpads Quests

Please use the Comment Feature on a guides page!
Therrito

Re: Sided Shoulderpads Quest

Post by Therrito » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:09 am

Silvana wrote:All of the lackeys wander quite a bit. Sometimes farther then you'd think to look. Their spawn location is always the best place to start and then sweep outward in circles :)
If you have as many toons as I do then eventually you will get to know their traveling patterns and be able to find them quickly. So far I have been able to memorize all of their patterns except for BiB.
Politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.

Therrito

Re: 27 - Shoulderpads Quests

Post by Therrito » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:25 am

geeza wrote:The parts for the first quest drop in the new starting area from all kinds of robots.
I can confirm that. I noticed the drops the first time I went through Arete Landing. Ever since then I've been getting all of the parts for both pads (combine to make the first Suspicious looking polyhedral casing - emitting strange sounds then collect the parts for the 2nd pad) before I leave. Although all robotic mobs drop the parts, the place where your new toon spawns seems to have a fairly decent droprate and that's where I farm the parts.
Politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.

Souleater

Post by Souleater » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:49 pm

Electro Unique's crater is at 635 X 1975. He goes around the E/NE rim, into the middle and back up. Enters and the crater at 595 X 2085. Exits the crater at 690 X 1820.

hiperborea

Post by hiperborea » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:43 am

If u are neutral do one side at a time the TK decoder is unique and u only get one,and NPC wont give it back after u turn in xD save your time .

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:08 am

geeza wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:17 pm
The parts for the first quest drop in the new starting area from all kinds of robots as there still is no mention of being able to get them on Arete Landing.
If the guide could be updated with this info, especially where it states "Anyway, you need to find 8 separate items that can be found in several different places on Rubi-Ka that drop from robots only. Drop rate is low, and you can't carry duplicates of the same item because they are Unique."

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:48 am

hiperborea wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:43 am
If u are neutral do one side at a time the TK decoder is unique and u only get one,and NPC wont give it back after u turn in xD save your time .
I have found no indication in the guide so far where someone that is Neutral can wear the shoulderpads. All links show Clan or Omni in descriptions.

Blake

Post by Blake » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:17 pm

I realise that this guide hasn't been updated in over ten years (!), but while I was doing this quest recently I noticed that the coordinates given for at least one of the scavengers, Electro Unique, aren't correct. I realise that he roams around the crater, but the coordinates given go to a completely different crater.

This is where Electro Unique can be found:

And this is where the coordinates given on AOU (600, 1300) lead to:

I'm guessing that in some patch or update or something along those lines, the coordinates got shaken up a bit, so the others might be wrong too.

Anyways, if anyone's still keeping AOU updated, if you want to correct this, these coordinates (800, 1900) are a bit closer to where he actually roams:

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:17 pm

Okay updated based on your screencaps and infos. Didn't recheck personnally though.

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:16 am

Blake wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:17 pm
I realise that this guide hasn't been updated in over ten years (!), but while I was doing this quest recently I noticed that the coordinates given for at least one of the scavengers, Electro Unique, aren't correct. I realise that he roams around the crater, but the coordinates given go to a completely different crater.

This is where Electro Unique can be found:

And this is where the coordinates given on AOU (600, 1300) lead to:

I'm guessing that in some patch or update or something along those lines, the coordinates got shaken up a bit, so the others might be wrong too.

Anyways, if anyone's still keeping AOU updated, if you want to correct this, these coordinates (800, 1900) are a bit closer to where he actually roams:
Hey Blake!

Thank you for your catch.

Yes, while we did over 650 updates and new guides there are still some left. This guide is on one of my lists to update. I took a break in Sept due to technical issues as well as I just needed a break. :) I lost my only system in Sept then acquired a preinstalled Win 11 system. *sigh*

Anyway, I *think I have the technical issues in hand and I've spent the last 2 days researching this, and mapping out its current path vs the path it used to take.

So, I know that Electro used to roam from 600x2000 to 600x900 - between the two craters. So, 600x1300 was kind of the mid-point, and what the author or a later editor used. At some point around 2012, the roam area became smaller and now starts at approx 600x2000 then roams in a back-and-forth pattern inside, and then along part of the crater rim to 700x1820 :)

So, yes, you're correct that it was changed. :)

My intent was to use the coordinates Saavick has listed on her map so things across the board are the same, and the position is central to his roam area.

I have gone ahead and done that as well as added a new note and highlighted the notes.

Thank you again.
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

Articles, Guides, Forums, News

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:44 am

Changed central location for Electro Unique, reworded paragraph in the table, and highlighted note.
Highlighted "Note": for remaining NPCs in the table.

Guide update still on list of to be adjusted and still in process.
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

Articles, Guides, Forums, News

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher