359 - Dust Brigade / Peacekeeper Constad

Please use the Comment Feature on a guides page!
AOU-Bot
Sir Bot

359 - Dust Brigade / Peacekeeper Constad

Post by AOU-Bot » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Discuss the Article 'Dust Brigade / Peacekeeper Constad' on this thread.To view this article, please click here.
AOU-Bot

Saavick
AOU Content Editor

Re: 359 - Dust Brigade / Peacekeeper Constad

Post by Saavick » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:12 am

I have edited this guide to make the following changes:
  • Updated the picture for Peacekeepers Constad to show off his new uniform.
  • Updated the location for Peacekeeper Constad in ICC HQ.
  • Updated pictures of the maps.
  • Added clickable waypoints for the main NPCs.
  • Removed references to Primuses in the caves in Milky Way; they were removed with the introduction of Sergeant Marion Sweet's quest.
Out of nostalgia, I would also like to preserve the old picture of Peacekeeper Constad here:

RichardDom

Post by RichardDom » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:51 pm

As of 27.06.2020 it seems Checkpoint Relay Five directly spawns Dust Brigade Drone - Gamma without Freeze Drones (can't tell when they changed that)

Saavick
AOU Content Editor

Post by Saavick » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks! I have updated the guide to reflect this change.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:53 pm

RichardDom wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:51 pm
As of 27.06.2020 it seems Checkpoint Relay Five directly spawns Dust Brigade Drone - Gamma without Freeze Drones (can't tell when they changed that)
I believe this was a few years ago... I remember being confused too lol.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

gdahl

Post by gdahl » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:36 pm

Relay Tower
I think it would be good to mention that the Security Drones do not attack pets.

Sean Powell / The informant
The mission does no longer have a 2 hour timer, and will not expire.

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:50 pm

Due to a number of player complaints some changes were made to this guide.
Added info to ensure player speaks to David Meyer again after Jon is killed.
Updated how to chat properly with the Communication Relay Tower so everyone n team gets credit
Added info on Sean Powell encounter and updated strategy methods to match the more modern ways its accomplished and other details
Added info provided by Saavick regarding MP pets and Sean Powell
Removed the 2 hour limit for Sean Powell as there now is no timer. Verified. (ty gdahl)
Updated AUNE and Omega info
Added info on continuing the quest line through DB2 and provided a link for it
Added info on continuing the quest line through the very final portion of Dust Brigade / Locating the Threat, with Peacekeeper Coursey by adding that portion of the quest to the end. However, I left the Dust Brigade / Locating the Threat intact for now.
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

Articles, Guides, Forums, News

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

Kaliach

Post by Kaliach » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:26 pm

The second, forth and fifth checkpoints hold surprises.
No..... sherlock....
why not mention that the 4th checkpoint drone warps and roots the person that opens the dialog (in this case the puny nanomage MP)
it also pulls all the pets and resets aggro/heals, leaving the fixer to die as well...

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:56 am

Kaliach wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:26 pm
No..... sherlock....
why not mention that the 4th checkpoint drone warps and roots the person that opens the dialog (in this case the puny nanomage MP)
it also pulls all the pets and resets aggro/heals, leaving the fixer to die as well...
Thank you for the posted inquiry. Having not experienced much of what you've noted here in over 30 runnings of this questline, it is not something that would have been noted or pointed out. Guides tend to not note things we have not personally experienced. AO is full of quirks, and fumbles and we can't list them all.

Additionally, AOU is a GUIDE, not a full-on step-by-step cheat site. We like to leave something to the player to explore and learn for themselves.

*As a reminder, the AOU Staff is an unpaid volunteer staff and as much as we appreciate the suggestions and points, less so the attitudes that may be misguided in thinking this is a job we earn anything for. It's not. So, there is no one here named "Sherlock". We appreciate the respect shown to us for the work we dedicate our time to. And though we understand your frustration, we have zero ability to affect the outcome or mechanics of this game. However, I'm sure FunCom would love to hear your complaint.
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:11 am

Cariadast wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:56 am
Kaliach wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:26 pm
No..... sherlock....
Thank you for the posted inquiry. Having not experienced much of what you've noted here in over 30 runnings of this questline, it is not something that would have been noted or pointed out. Guides tend to not note things we have not personally experienced. AO is full of quirks, and fumbles and we can't list them all.

Additionally, AOU is a GUIDE, not a full-on step-by-step cheat site. We like to leave something to the player to explore and learn for themselves.

*As a reminder, the AOU Staff is an unpaid volunteer staff and as much as we appreciate the suggestions and points, less so the attitudes that may be misguided in thinking this is a job we earn anything for. It's not. So, there is no one here named "Sherlock". We appreciate the respect shown to us for the work we dedicate our time to. And though we understand your frustration, we have zero ability to affect the outcome or mechanics of this game. However, I'm sure FunCom would love to hear your complaint.
Updated to add pics and to note that the issues that Kaliach pointed out have been reported and experienced by 2 other players, myself included. Therefore a note will be added as a potential, possible warning.

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:51 am

Revised note regarding Meching for Relay Tower
Added note regarding the despawning of drones at Relay Tower.

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Tue May 02, 2023 10:38 pm

Added some missing waypoints.