Shopping Guide sugegstions

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
Dagget

Shopping Guide sugegstions

Post by Dagget » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:46 pm

Should mention that the QL's offered in the different lvl shops overlap some.

Neutrals may not buy from either Clan or Omni shops

Omni shops give the greatest return and while clan/neutral can not normally sell to them, they -can- sell to the map terminals in Omni shops.
~\_/~\_O

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:20 pm

Map terminals aren't the only terminals in omni shops that Clan can sell to, however, they are the ones that give the most, the others only give the same as clan terminals for some reason...

Clan can also use all the terminals in the trade sections of omni shops, so clan can hunt for clusters & stuff everywhere...

kuahji

Re: Shopping Guide sugegstions

Post by kuahji » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:00 am

Dagget wrote:Should mention that the QL's offered in the different lvl shops overlap some.

Omni shops give the greatest return and while clan/neutral can not normally sell to them, they -can- sell to the map terminals in Omni shops.
As a fr00b omni makes more money than clan/neutral by selling to a regular store shop. However, once you start advancing in the game neutrals make the most money from their AI shops. Neutrals can sell to all three factions (hence their items sell faster) as clan/omni are rather limited. Here is a list of shops neutrals can shop at http://majestic.game-host.org:8800/page ... stores.htm

Anyway, in conclusion end game neutrals will make the most money. 8)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:07 am

kuahji wrote:
Dagget wrote:Should mention that the QL's offered in the different lvl shops overlap some.

As a fr00b omni makes more money than clan/neutral by selling to a regular store shop. However, once you start advancing in the game neutrals make the most money from their AI shops. Neutrals can sell to all three factions (hence their items sell faster) as clan/omni are rather limited. Here is a list of shops neutrals can shop at http://majestic.game-host.org:8800/page ... stores.htm

I'm a little confused about this, let me try to straighten this up...

Omni shops give more money...
Neutrals can sell things in their shopping channels & also the Omni & Clan shopping channels making a total of 9 shopping channels open to them (at higher lvls.
But... What do you mean by Neutrals making the most money from their player shops?

kuahji

Post by kuahji » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:59 pm

Snakebite wrote:
kuahji wrote:

I'm a little confused about this, let me try to straighten this up...

Omni shops give more money...
Neutrals can sell things in their shopping channels & also the Omni & Clan shopping channels making a total of 9 shopping channels open to them (at higher lvls.
But... What do you mean by Neutrals making the most money from their player shops?
Neutrals can sell to neut/omni/clan in their "AI shops aka player shops." While say omni can only sell to omni/neut & clan to clan/neut. To explain better the AI shops are probably the biggest source of income to most end game players (provided they aren't lazy & camp stuff). Neutrals simply have twice as many people to sell to than clan or omni.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:12 am

But...

My chars are Clan, & I've bought stuff from Omni player shops many times... I've even sent a tell to a couple of them asking about items in their shops...???

kuahji

Post by kuahji » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:07 pm

Snakebite wrote:But...

My chars are Clan, & I've bought stuff from Omni player shops many times... I've even sent a tell to a couple of them asking about items in their shops...???
o.0 I think you're mistaken. Perhaps you don't understand what I'm refering too. I'm refering to the shops that came with Alien Invasion expansion pack. I often have omni or clan friends that ask me to check the other faction's shops to see if things are being sold cheaper. So... not sure if you did understand but all the clan/omni I know can't search or buy items from each other's shops.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:24 am

I will check this out again...

Morrgann

Post by Morrgann » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:14 pm

I believe what they mean is that you can actually buy from shops of the opposing side, but if you are Clan, for example, Omni shops don't show up on a GMS search, whereas they do for neutrals.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:18 pm

Bit of thread necromancy here, but this is correct, Omni player shops do not show up to clan searching the GMS, also, when a clan tries to enter an omni run shop he is booted back outside again... & vice versa...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!