Posts to Update my Guide on AOUniverse

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
AngelTee

Re: Posts to Update my Guide on AOUniverse

Post by AngelTee » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:02 pm

Okay I'm done with the updates I'd like to see added for now.

When the section of a post has been added, please edit the post and put ADDED at the top in yellow font so I know. Thanks!

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Been 4-5 months since I've put up these posts and no more changes have been done on my guide. Sad as I have had players interested in it but the info is outdated or wrong.

Can someone please look into this?

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:27 pm

Sorry, I thought we recently updated this guide. We'll take a look at it and make appropriate changes if needed. It's just been a busy year and I'm confident ppl have visited your comments regarding this guide and used them to navigate through the quests. Additionally, it shows the guide being updated in March. It was assumed that it was fixed.

Thank you for all you did and Our apologies on that. It is in the queue now.
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

Articles, Guides, Forums, News

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:46 pm

Thank you for your response! I sent you a DM.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:44 pm

I'm back!

I'm wondering if I can still update this guide, as well as look into attaching a You Tube series I am doing in regards to a visual tutorial of Arete Landing.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:13 am

Please update section 24, the topic about Rings of Power, with a link to the article about them in AO-Universe. Please keep the original links in the sentence in the guide as well.

24. Some Strange Items You Can Loot

While looting, you might find some Rings of Power. If you combine the Ring of Power - Melee (Source) and Ring of Power - Projectiles (Target) and have Quantum FT at 36, you can make a Ring of Power - Kinetic. You can find more combinations here.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:20 am

Please update the below paragraph found in the Introduction section of the guide.

Okay! So, first up, you need to make a character. Everyone starts off on Rubi-Ka (even if you get the expansion for Shade and Keeper as there is no Shadowlands starter area). There have been quite a number of nano and professional changes to the classes, so please click on the link in the first sentence of this guide (it will take you directly to the 18.7 patch notes) so you can see the changes to whatever profession you are interested in. You can find a guide here on AO-Universe that goes over breeds and professions. It has been suggested that for a very new player, Adventurer, Enforcer, Martial Artist, or Soldier are pretty easy to learn and get used to the game with.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:30 am

There needs to be an update to the section in 1. Rex Larson
~~~

You will notice two things about the bar at the top of your UI, or where you moved it:

Colored semi-circles around the HP bar of your target: blue (far from target) or red (in range of target). These semi-circles let you know if you are in range with your current weapon. Please note this does not affect nano programs or other attacks.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:05 pm

AngelTee wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:13 am
Please update section 24, the topic about Rings of Power, with a link to the article about them in AO-Universe. Please keep the original links in the sentence in the guide as well.

While looting, you might find some Rings of Power. If you combine the Ring of Power - Melee (Source) and Ring of Power - Projectiles (Target) and have Quantum FT at 36, you can make a Ring of Power - Kinetic. You can find more combinations here.
Well Son of a ..!
All these years in-game, and I never knew these things could be combined!
Learn something new every day! lol :top:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:09 pm

Snakebite wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:05 pm
AngelTee wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:13 am

Well, I'll be a Son of a Biofreak Cadaver..!
All these years in-game, and I never knew these things could be combined!
Learn something new every day! lol :top:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:36 pm

Got some updated info I need to be added.

I need to have this info placed in the Introduction part, right under the table that shows the 6 items a new character gets.

WARNING: There are two (2) things you need to know about the Colonists Survival Backpack (CSB). (A) You cannot give items stored in the CSB to NPCs, and (B) If your main inventory window is full, you cannot loot any items. Any quest rewards, bought items or even unpacked items will go into your Overflow NOT your CSB. Pay attention to that as if you leave an area with things in your Overflow, they will be gone forever!

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:42 pm

Got an update for the section on Lady Sheila Black. Please place this after the Overview.

Here's how to get to Lady Sheila Black from Vernon.

* Exit the shop and turn left
* Go down the ramp and turn right
* Make another right and go past the Implants building
* Before you get to the ramp ahead, make another right and go down the alleyway (ignore the messages about the Robotic Guard Dog as it can't get to you or hurt you)
* Turn right into the doorway of the unmarked building.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:28 pm

Under the section for Antonio Stacklund and Upgrading Weapons.

Please add this information to the chart of item drops that are used to make things.

Link for item Venom Sample: https://aoitems.com/item/248322/venom-sample/

The creature this drops from is the Garbage Flea.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:34 pm

Under the section for Antonio Stacklund and Upgrading Weapons.

Please add the noted information after this paragraph (also if you could correct the words I highlighted in yellow in the quoted paragraph for spellchecking and grammar)
For example, I'll update Nanashai's starter weapon, the Worn Oak Bo. When you choose what weapon you want upgraded, Antonio will upload the recipe to your NCU. For my Bo, I need a Leather Hide. Getting that, I combine the Antonio's Adaptation Factory (Source) with the Leather Hide (Target) to make Leather Grip Tape. I then combine the Leather Grip Tape (Source) with the Worn Oak Bo (Target) to make a Strong Oak Bo.
NOTE: You will need to buy an Antonio Adaptation Factory for every tradeskill combination you do with it, as it will be used up in the process.

AngelTee

Post by AngelTee » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:21 am

Please add this to 16. The Shiny Sword and The Leet King

Under the quoted sentence:
While you fight and loot, you might come across an object called Shiny Sword. If you do, Right Click it to get a mission. Hm, who might like shiny things ... ah, I know! The Greedy Desert Reet!
Here are some directions to find the Greedy Desert Reet

* Go south off the ramp into the desert
* Head a bit SW into the grassy area
* When you see some hills, aim yourself southward and travel between the hills
* You'll find the Greedy Desert Reet in a patch of dark land surrounded by items and 'treasure'