Profession and Breed guides

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
tyrence

Profession and Breed guides

Post by tyrence » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:22 am

So I've gone through and removed a fair number of guides from Budabot. We have still have some profession guides however:

/tell budanet !guides adventurer
/tell budanet !guides agent
/tell budanet !guides bureaucrat
/tell budanet !guides doctor
/tell budanet !guides enforcer
/tell budanet !guides engineer
/tell budanet !guides fixer
/tell budanet !guides metaphysicist (not an actual guide, links to forums)
/tell budanet !guides soldier
/tell budanet !guides trader

I am not sure if these guides are guides that you want to add to AOU. If not I may just leave them in the bot. Or I may just delete them anyway. I haven't really decided. I noticed that you have guides for some of the professions but not all of them so maybe you could take the guides for professions that you don't already have guides for. As for the author of these guides, if the guides don't indicate themselves who wrote it then I don't know other than that Plugsz (RK1) originally compiled these guides together. I do not know if he wrote them himself or if he took them from other places.

Also, we have guides for the different breeds:
/tell budanet !guides atrox
/tell budanet !guides solitus
/tell budanet !guides opifex
/tell budanet !guides nanomage

Curlycat (RK2), Mdkdoc420 (RK2) wrote those guides. Online version is here: http://aocrimson.darkbb.com/t126-compre ... y-detailed Unfortunately MDK doesn't play anymore but having known him quite well I can say that he would not mind if you wanted to include his guides on AOU provided he was credited.

Morgo
AOU Content Editor

Re: Profession and Breed guides

Post by Morgo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 am

We would always credit the person if we had knowledge that he/she where the original author, that is standard producer and is of great importance for us at AOU, for anyone who write or submit substantial information for a given guide. We will look into rather there is data that we do not have and about the profession guide that is not in our knowledge database.
Veteran Dark "Morgo" Padawan :: Devil Inside :: EnforcerImage

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:18 am

A lot of questions came up by me and I wanted to ask the team before proceeding. I have a personal issue with profession guides as they are biased and 90% out of date. We're wanting to make sure we have enough people willing to update and/or edit information in these guides to provide a more unbiased or straight forward presentation that isn't behind by an expansion or two, and also more easy to navigate.

You'll hear back soon.

tyrence

Post by tyrence » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:24 am

Did you guys ever make a decision on this?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Currently its still being discussed...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm

The discussion isn't about this specific thread, but the usefulness of profession guides as a whole and if we want to even keep the ones we have posted at all.

tyrence

Post by tyrence » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:49 pm

I will just leave the profession and breed guides in Budabot then. That will not be a problem.