Gauntlet guide needed

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
Solidhax

Gauntlet guide needed

Post by Solidhax » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:41 pm

I would like to participate in the Gauntlet encounter, but I hate going into anything completely blind. Is there possibly a guide to this encounter forthcoming? Or does one already exist and I am simply overlooking it? The same applies to the new DB3 instance. I feel as though the more knowledge I take in with me, the more of an asset I can be to the raid group.

Gimpford

Post by Gimpford » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:43 pm

I agree completely, better to have a heads up when going into a new raid. So a guide would be great ..pretty please ^^

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Well.. part of the idea that it is in new content, is that it is NEW content. We certainly don't want to spoil it right off the bat for people (or even give them the option to spoil it when they could have such a great time just learning it on their own).

Guides for both of these instances WILL be forthcoming, but at the moment, enjoy learning the new content and seeing it for the first time, instead of having all of the surprise and wonder taken out of it. While the end goal of new content for a lot of players is the loot they'll get, we should appreciate the actual content as well so that we are sure to get more of it in the future :)

Tazerman

Re: Gauntlet guide needed

Post by Tazerman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Solidhax wrote:I would like to participate in the Gauntlet encounter, but I hate going into anything completely blind.
yea so your not like me running around like an idiot dieing and you will hopefully know what to do ;-)
Tazerman 200/00

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Tazerman - Just a note.

The problem you're having with quotes and such (I fixed the one above) is that you're clicking on the "Disable BBCode in this post" option when you're submitting posts ;) If you aren't doing it manually each time, check your profile (top right corner link) and make sure you don't have "Always allow BBCode" set to no.

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Silvana wrote:Tazerman - Just a note.

The problem you're having with quotes and such (I fixed the one above) is that you're clicking on the "Disable BBCode in this post" option when you're submitting posts ;) If you aren't doing it manually each time, check your profile (top right corner link) and make sure you don't have "Always allow BBCode" set to no.

Whoops :-(

Thanks for letting me know :D
Tazerman 200/00

leetotheleet

Post by leetotheleet » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:18 pm

-Hey dude, up for gauntlet ?
-never did that
-come it's easy
-ok
-come to pande. Go there and do stuck command. speed up noob. Oh u died.
Ur no longer in team

How fun is to discover :top:

JUngleGeorge

Post by JUngleGeorge » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:18 am

Has Gauntlet Guide been created? How do to enter the gauntlet instance?

I go the Pande when the message comes up. Do I have to be in a team before I go there?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 pm

No, there's no guide for Gauntlet at the moment, I was trying to get suitable screenshots done to make one, but I don't get to Gauntlet much these days I'm afraid.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:03 pm

There's a guide in the making, i'll finalize it and try to publish it asap.