DM: Collecting Carbon

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
enlo

DM: Collecting Carbon

Post by enlo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Side: Clan
Level: Around 180-195
Collecting Carbon
Description:
Collecting Carbon

The soil of Rubi-Ka is a vast reserve of carbon mineral, a component with many possible uses.
One of our clients, Xenobiologist Grimes in Central Artery Valley, has requested Carbon Rich Rocks.
You're commissioned to locate and gather 3 carbon rocks, and deliver them to our client.

The Task is totally obvious. The QL of the carbon does not matter. Just don't forget to gather the carbon before you head to the location of the mission pointer or you might travel through Central Artery Valley three times (that's what I did and why I wrote this here for you guys...)

You may find carbon in Central Artery Valley at the lower left corner:
[img]http://sowasvo.net/tmp/carbonmap.jpg[/img]

the carbon looks like that:
[img]http://sowasvo.net/tmp/carbon.jpg[/img]

when you have 3 carbon rocks, you head to the mission location and talk to Xenobiologist Grimes.
[img]http://sowasvo.net/tmp/carbonnpc.jpg[/img]

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Looks good! Thank you!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:46 am

For reference, CAV site is the highest QL deposite of rocks on RK, and is farmed by the high lvl tradeskillers for these high QL rocks.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:01 am

Yeah, there's also a ton of them outside of 4 Holes. If the QL doesn't matter, that's probably the easiest place to get to.
Last edited by Silvana on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:39 am

Something else... do you need to return to the handler to get rewarded, or does it end once you've turned the rocks in?

enlo

Post by enlo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:03 pm

uuuhm as far as I can remember you get the reward immediately... there is nothing to bring back to the agency anyway.

btw in my opinion the fastest way to solve this mission:
grid to 2HO and fly to south-west corner of Central Artery Valley where you pick up the rocks and fly in straight line to the mission. Same way back. Good mission to go afk for some time ;)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Yeah, in CAV, if you're lower level, better to be yalmed when you do this, the local mobs aren't friendly...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Silvana wrote:Something else... do you need to return to the handler to get rewarded, or does it end once you've turned the rocks in?
I can confirm that you get your mission reward immediately.

CAV rocks are the most convenient for players who get this mission. Yalm up, whompa around to 10-3 and fly due north. You'll pass the CAV rocks on your way to turn them in. 4Holes is nice, but the rocks are scattered around quite a bit, and required significant running around to find 3.