Daily Mission: Interception

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
enlo

Daily Mission: Interception

Post by enlo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:52 am

I almost gave up on that mission, since I couldn't relate the hints and didn't have a customized planet map.

Type: Daily Mission
Side: Clan
Mission Objective:
(I don't have the original text, maybe somebody else has it)
Intercept a messenger in Avalon which will run to/from the Main OTAF Base.

The hint given in the mission description "unicorn grid" points to the fixer grid (which has a unicorn symbol in it). If you have a customized map with fixer grid markers, just travel to fixer grid exit 8-L in Avalon and go towards the Main OTAF Base. A NPC called Gridcourier will be running (fast!) towards 8-L.
The Gridcourier is on it's own, you don't need to fight in the vincinity of the base (where the mobs would most certainly kill you).

[img]http://sowasvo.net/tmp/scrn0000.jpg[/img]

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:29 am

Thanks!

We'll get some more information on it and get that put together ASAP :)

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:36 pm

The level range seems to be around 175-199, as I've been getting this on my 180ish MP.

The OT Courier runs along the road back and forth between the OTAF Main Base and the F-Grid exit. Chasing the courier around may not be the best strategy if you don't have tremendous run speed, as even with maxed out run speed, the courier out runs my MP. You don't need to run around looking for the target, he/she will eventually come to you.

I usually park myself at the intersection of the two roads just East Southeast of OTAF Main Base and the courier will eventually show up, but be away that he/she can come from either direction. Anywhere along the road is probably fine, but that's where I happened across the courier the first time and habits are hard to break.

Important detail: You will immediately become flagged for attacking the courier.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:39 pm

I want to get a screenshot of the courier and maybe the intersection you spoke of before putting a guide together :)

enlo

Post by enlo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:01 am

Here is the mission description:
Interception
Description:
Interception

Rumors say that corporate leaders utilize exceptionally quick runners to ship secret information from one pocket to another. You're commissioned to intercept the messenger before he reaches the well protected Main OTAF Base in Avalon.

We believe that the messenger uses the old unicorn grid to travel. The coordinates for the main OTAF Base in Avalon is included in the mission information.
The Gridcourier is lvl 185 and quite weak compared to Rubi-Ka mission mobs of the same level. He seems to run in both directions, if you can't find him just fly along the direct path between the two spots or just wait on a easy spot somewhere along the road.

When I earlier said I chased the courier, I actually used the Yalmaha and unequipped it while flying in front of him to immediatly attack him. The Gridcourier is not aggro and has somewhere around 1200 runspeed.

[img]http://sowasvo.net/tmp/courier.jpg[/img]

Use the images freely but dont link them, they are not granted to be there forever ;)

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:22 am

Wow. Good job screen grabbing the courier!

Sferykal on AoFroobs.com has a good screenie of the intersection in question. He posted the image here for credit purposes: http://aofroobs.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 472#p99460

[img]http://mantris.net/sferykal/aofroobs/da ... eption.jpg[/img]

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:58 am

Great, thanks :)

This will all get tossed together soon enough!

I am curious though the second image, since it contradicts the previously given information about where the courier runs.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:01 pm

Silvana wrote:Great, thanks :)

This will all get tossed together soon enough!

I am curious though the second image, since it contradicts the previously given information about where the courier runs.
Well I figure the runner has to come OUT of the main base by the door, instead of blasting his way out the back :D
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Yeah, makes sense.

I figured people would try to catch the runner in the middle. Very far away from any mobs that could aggro ;)

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Silvana wrote:I am curious though the second image, since it contradicts the previously given information about where the courier runs.
That's why that spot is good. It's outside of line of sight of the guards at the front of the OTAF Main Base.

The OT courier comes out of the OTAF Main Base and heads south along that paved road until it intersects with the stone road, and turns west and heads towards the f-grid exit, and returns by the same roads.

I don't know what it does down by the f-grid exit as the road turns south, and I've never spent the time to chase her down (I seriously doubt I could catch her if I tried).

enlo

Post by enlo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:41 pm

yup of course he needs to come out on the east side of the OTAF Base :) and then runs more or less in a straight line towards 8-L. So he seems to run on the road which leads the same direction for most of the way.

You can't catch him (1200 runspeed is a lot) without a Yali which you then unequip while flying ;)
There are no harmful (at least for lvl 180) monsters along the way except for the Omni NPCs in front of the OTAF Base.
So my way of doing it is probably too complicated - just stand somewhere and wait for it.