Daily Mission: A Contingent Spy

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
Afreng
AOU Content Editor

Daily Mission: A Contingent Spy

Post by Afreng » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:57 pm

I just finished the Daily Mission "A Contingent Spy" on two of my lowbies. This mission is so nice that I took some screenshots and copied the mission description. Maybe you can use all that for a guide.

Facts:
I pulled this mission as neutral from the clan mission agency at level 13.
The mobs in the dungeon are level 15.

Mission Description:
A Contingent Spy

We believe we have found a secret Omni-Med research lab in The Longest Road and we need to find out what they are up to. The facility is open at daytime but not at night, so the first part of your mission is simple:
Kill everyone inside and make sure you take their Access Cards. Hack the Access Cards with the Access Hacking Tool. When you have hacked 8 Access cards, connect the Access Hacking Tool to the Agency Communication Unit to upload the data to us.

The second part of your mission will be to find out what plans Omni-Med have, we will contact you and provide you with spying equipment at the right time.

As part of the Freelancer Inc. services you will receive an Equipment Pack in your inventory - This pack contains important items you will need to complete this mission.

Take the Whom-Pah to Bliss and go north east from there to find the mission location.
My mission (clan) was located here:
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/alfora/pics/AO/dm-cs/map.png[/img]

In the building you have to kill scientists and guards. They each drop one Omni-Med Employee Access Card which must be put into the Clan Access Hacking Tool until you have 8 such items.
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/alfora/pics/AO/ ... g-tool.png[/img]

When your Hacking Tool contains 8 access cards you combine it with your Clan Agency Communication Unit.
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/alfora/pics/AO/ ... ssword.png[/img]

Right-click on the tool in order to upload the information to the agency. A hologram appears:
Agency Employee Hologram suddenly appears.
Agency Employee Hologram: Thank you for transferring the 8 Omni-Med access passwords, you have done well.
Agency Employee Hologram: Your next task will be to spy on some Superior Omni-Med workers to get some useful information. Our orbital espionage team just informed me that the two leaders of this lab are on their way to work.
Agency Employee Hologram: I have transported a disguise to your inventory through The Grid, find a good place to hide, sit down and disguise yourself. Make sure you don't move as long as they are here.
Agency Employee Hologram: Hurry now, and good luck!
Agency Employee Hologram fades into nothingness.
You'll find a new item in your inventory that transforms you into a storage box when right-clicked. All you have to do is to find a good hiding place.

When you go into the last room, you'll see a number of storage boxes. When you go near them you'll see a confirmation that this would be a good hiding place.
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/alfora/pics/AO/ ... -place.png[/img]

Use your disguise tool, wait, and enjoy.

Xyphos' database also contains entries about Omni hacking tools but I don't know where that mission is located.

Afreng

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks very much for this Afreng! Do you mind if I make it into a guide in our knowledge base when I have some time to do so? :)

Afreng
AOU Content Editor

Post by Afreng » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:36 am

Ukblizzard wrote:Thanks very much for this Afreng! Do you mind if I make it into a guide in our knowledge base when I have some time to do so? :)
No, not at all. That was the idea to provide some basic facts about those missions.

Please use everything I have written for an "official" guide. More will follow when I level up my lowbie toon. I love DM! :)

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:14 am

I really like them too! Though I do not have any clan characters at all or neutral characters that would be in a position to do daily missions, so feedback on the Clan sided missions is even more valuable to me as I cannot do that myself. Thanks again for the information :)

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Hiya, can you remember what the item is called that you get in your inventory that you use in the storage boxes?

Ran-san

Post by Ran-san » Sat May 21, 2011 7:16 am

Just a slight correction for your guide.

This mission runs up to at least level 150. My fixer has pulled it 3 times while between 142 and 145.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat May 21, 2011 7:43 am

Thanks! I'll get that corrected ASAP :D

thornblade

Post by thornblade » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:59 pm

True that, I pulled this mission at lvl about 135 also with a fixer.

There's something more to that mission. I don't know if it could be considered as an exploit or not, but let me explain:

As I first did the mish I killed everyone inside, found the hiding place and morphed into the box. Unfortunatly I moved a little and two NPCs aggroed me, so I had to kill them. Mission didn't update and I didn't know what to do - there were no more box items in my inventory and no more access cards. So I walked out of the instance, walked in again and suprise, suprise: all of the mobs respawned. Now, all of these mobs give out a lot of xp - in regard of regular mobs of the level on Rubi-Ka those give as much as double or three times more and are very easy to kill. So you can kill all of them, walk out, walk back in and kill them again... and again, and again.

There's almost no point of doing that if you have expantions - mobs in Shadowlands give the same amount of xp points, although they are little harder to kill.

But in my opinion it is a good way of earning some experience for soloing froobs.

Kiytan

Post by Kiytan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 am

bit of an update, but I asked a GM about this and it isn't considered an Exploit.

[Xumondeus]: Greetings Datumi! This is GM Xumondeus. Do you have a moment to speak about your petition? You may reply by either using Shift+R or /tell Xumondeus
To [Xumondeus]: Hi, yes I do
[Xumondeus]: Great, how are you doing today?
To [Xumondeus]: I am well thankyou, how are you?
[Xumondeus]: I am quite well, thanks for asking! How may I assist you today?
To [Xumondeus]: well, During this daily mission, i can keep resetting it (by walking out the mission and back in again) to keep getting lots of mobs that give really high xp (nearly capped, despite them being 4 levels lower than me) I just wanted to check that didn't count as an exploit
[Xumondeus]: That is not currently seen as exploiting.
To [Xumondeus]: ah good to know. Thankyou very much

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:50 am

I don't wanna seem negative on that, but GMs are often not that 'up' on these things (they have many other things to do).
I'd have been happier talking to someone from exploits about it, however, you're safe for now because if your account gets banned for it, you can pass that conversation onto FC, they can't argue with you being told by a GM it's ok.

Keep doing it then ^^
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!