Fault in alpha spirit guide

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
galad13

Fault in alpha spirit guide

Post by galad13 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:55 pm

I accidently bought a tragic left limb spirit of strength instead of the troubled one. i saw in the guide troubled was lowest for alpha tradeskill.
i for fun try to tradeskill and...

You combined "Xan Left Limb Spirit of Strength - Beta" with "Tragic Left Limb Spirit of Strength" and the result is a quality level 250 "Xan Left Limb Spirit of Strength - Alpha".

so it has to be downgraded to tragic spirit as lowest to use spirit

wonderfull guide though

gr galad13

Niodemus
AOU Content Editor

Post by Niodemus » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm sorry for your kinda messed up craft. Your observation is completely new to me as well (have compiled the tradeskill tables).

It might be possible that all alphas start at QL250 - no matter which "normal" spirit you applied, but for that I need some backup information before adding such an important note.
So far no one from the Shade community nor my friends with a Shade on their character list have mentioned this kind of downgrading ... reason why I assumed that would not be the case.
However... I'll ask for additional info to backup your case and will add as soon as possible. In case you observe such downgrading craft behaviour again, please let us know... any information on wrong interpreted parts or simple mistakes is highly appreciated.

Again... I'm really sorry for this missing information & thank you for your feedback :)

Regards
Nio

galad13

another fault

Post by galad13 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:19 pm

today i used a tragic left hand defense on a beta left hand defense

You combined "Xan Left Hand Spirit of Defence - Beta" with "Tragic Left Hand Spirit of Defence" and the result is a quality level 250 "Xan Left Hand Spirit of Defence - Alpha"

in the guide it says troubled is lowest. thus has to be downgraded to tragic as lowest useable spirit.

greetings

Niodemus
AOU Content Editor

Post by Niodemus » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Thank you for your feedback, galad13. I'll do the correction rightaway.

The listed lowest QL spirits are the ones that have been confirmed already (in this case before your feedback) at the AO Profession Boards - Shade.

However... your information is highly appreciated! Thank you again!

Regards
Nio