Pen Quest (Xan Civilization Quest)

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
Russm

Pen Quest (Xan Civilization Quest)

Post by Russm » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:30 am

may be a good idea to stick into the guide which missions are untimed if youre looking to take a break

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:29 pm

Sure, we'd be happy to update uide with this info if you can provide it.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Siaynoq

Invisible checkpoints...

Post by Siaynoq » Thu May 28, 2009 11:42 am

Hi!

This will be my first post, so bear with me if I choose the forum incorrectly...

Yesterday I started (actually continued, but doesn't matter) the quest and I was at the point where you should "patrol" on a route and go through invisible checkpoints.

Actually, the description was not quite accurate and it caused me about an hour to find out how to do this part of the quest properly. Maybe most of you know about this, but as a "newbie" (I reentered the game a few days ago) it was not known that this is what exactly happens:

After "One Who Lights the Way" sends me out to patrol, the mission title text will show a "counter" (1/6). So there will be six checkpoints (instead of the indicated 4 on the small map). The checkpoints have to be reached in order. After realizing this, achieving this goal was really easy: from the Yutto, just head northish on the "dirty-snowed" path - you only have to pay attention to the first checkpoint, which is under the "bridge" of Pipe and feels like you bang your head into it (it's a bit low).
And the most important thing: after you reach an invisible checkpoint, the mission updates, so you'll know you can head to the next one. After the first checkpoint, others are located near Frost Demons, you if you're high leveled, just run on the road, and check for updates near the Demons. After the 6th checkpoint, mission changes, so you can finally speak to "One Who Walks the Night".

I know this is too detailed for this small portion of the quest, but it was really annoying to run around with my friends (one of them actually completed the quest before and didn't have any idea what could be problem...) in the forest cluelessly...

I hope this clarifies things a bit and you will update the quest description :)

Regards,

Siaynoq

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu May 28, 2009 12:06 pm

Sorry that it took you a while! Gotta say I have run that quest 3 or 4 times now, suppose it means I should check the guide content more often when I am going through the quests again!!

I will look into updating it with your more detailed description when I am home :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu May 28, 2009 11:40 pm

From memory, I belive one of the 'checkpoints' is actualy slightly OFF the dirty snow path, which means if you're not in the dead center of the path you can miss it... (but don't quote me on it without checking it lol)
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri May 29, 2009 10:32 am

I updated the guide yesterday, I think with the additional clarification that was given above it shouldnt be difficult to figure it out.. particularly when you know you have to get the mission to update.