Dust Brigade Guide

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
Nadab

Dust Brigade Guide

Post by Nadab » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:49 am

Tregeorge

Any chance of lightening the jpg's... all I can see in the guide are black squares ???
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:55 am

Hm, checked on two different puters, shows ok for me. Anyone else having same problems?

And about which pictures are you talking? All? Those in table (those are thumbs, click on them to expand, see if that helps)?

If the rest have problems as well, guess something must be done about it. Unfortunatly I have only some basic graphic tools, so just filtering them would make them all washed up. We can always take new ones, but atm I'm a bit saturated with 17.5., so I can't promise quick fix.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:22 pm

They look fine for me as well. Maybe could add a little bit more contrast, but otherwise they look ok.

Blondengy

Post by Blondengy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:01 pm

A different time of day for the pictures would fix the problem I'd say. They where taken during rain... At normal daylight the how thing is a lot brighter.

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:34 am

Frankly, I don't see anything except very dark frames.... make you could make the .jpgs an attachtment so I could dl them and lightening them up offline.....
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:48 am

Nadab wrote:Frankly, I don't see anything except very dark frames.... make you could make the .jpgs an attachtment so I could dl them and lightening them up offline.....
Dark flames? You're talking about pictures of altars here? If so, they are just thumbnails, click on them to expand and then you can "save picture as"...

Hopefully I'll manage to do some work on guide itself over weekend, just please don't hold me on this.

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:11 pm

Okay... I'm talking about the pictures imbedded in the Dust Brigade guide...

for example, the very first picture all I see is a black background square.. with a yellow box and arrow and some light blue circle in the background....

even if I right click the picture to use "view this picture" all I get is blackness.......

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:28 pm

Nadab wrote:Okay... I'm talking about the pictures imbedded in the Dust Brigade guide...

for example, the very first picture all I see is a black background square.. with a yellow box and arrow and some light blue circle in the background....

even if I right click the picture to use "view this picture" all I get is blackness.......
Erm. I see three caves in a mountainside/rocky desert type area with some rain. The blue circle points to the entrance of the Dust Brigade encounter.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:38 am

Got the same problem with that guide. All I see is black. (old screen with contrast at max)
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:42 pm

Ok, are pictures any better now? (hadn't updated Masked Commando yet).

Unfortunatly color effects of altars got all washed up...

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:46 pm

YES, YES YES... I can see the light! heh heh much better... Thanks Tre

Ifris

Post by Ifris » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:30 am

Hello there, fellow posters. I'm new to the boards and wanted to provide some feedback. (I think I had an account earlier but lost the ID and password so created a new one)

I've read the two guides about the Dustbrigade instance and quests and noticed a distinct lack of "the" or "a" all over it. It's not a big thing, but imho a guide should be written in complete sentences. At the moment it reads more like a detailed chatlog, to be honest.

Thank you for the attention and the great guides anyway. ;)
Omni Bureaucrat
Member of
Omni-Mining

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 am

Thanks for your input. We are continually working on all the guides, not just for their accuracy on the steps for the "how to" part, but also for their English. I will add it to our to do list! :)