Uncle Bazzit Quest Guide

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
Scene
AOU Community Legend

Uncle Bazzit Quest Guide

Post by Scene » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:10 pm

First of all I'd like to credit the writers of the Uncle Bazzit quest, it was very concise and easy to follow, and made the quest go by so quickly (6hrs in total)

One thing I feel must be added to it though, is a note that certain elements of this quest are flagged as one time only missions. If, as I found out later, you fail to complete certain missions, or more to the point, conversations with certain NPCs, it could void the whole quest.

For Example, right near the end of the Library part of the quest, I was in the process of talking to Sirocco in Old Athens, when I was suddenly flagged by one of the Clan Guards. This forced me to retreat skyward ( thank you Quantum Wings :) ) and thus lose the conversation with Sirocco before he managed to give me the updated mission. When it was finally clear to talk to me again, He refused to talk.

Well after going back quite a few steps trying to re-establish the mission again, I finally had to send a petition and the GM gave me the mission update back.

Just a note to anyone wanting to do the quest in the future :)

Sefus

Post by Sefus » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:03 pm

Just another little note.

When I was doing that quest, I stopped midway through one of the quests.
I petitioned and the ARK said I would have to start the quest over. :(
So it had been a while since I had started the quest but I finally found the NPC who gave me the last piece of the quest and they let me continue.

So don't always believe the ARKs, and don't give up.
I would've been a little pissed to find out later that I didn't have to start over ;)

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Tue May 01, 2007 12:10 am

Uncle Bazzit quest is.....long. And quite buggy. Did whole ordeal the other day on some alt (first time after launch of AI), right to that final reward of 5 slot belt. It felt even more borked up than at launch, so I had to resort to simply opening trade and forcing item on NPC to progress it. It's one of ways to secure copletion of quest, but in that way you miss on story behind it (and AI invasion).

Guide is written as quest should go. Even at launch, there were at least 3 spots where you could pick up on quest if something went wrong or you run out of time. And I remember Fc announced that they added more such spots a patch or two later.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians